PDA

View Full Version : Mod Plate in Bris

cdaniel21
09-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi guys,
I've replaced a Recaro seats into my EK4, Been told that its illegal and need a Mod Plate to make it legal...
Does any one know a place where I can get mod plate??
Thanks

EK1.6LCIV
09-03-2010, 02:24 PM
make sure the seat belt recoils, the bolts are the same ones used before (your old ones will do), the rail functions, rail and seat are in good condition, torque setting was used for the bolts and seat belt buckle, make sure the buckle light goes off when the buckle is connected, no tears in the seat belt

that's all I did and I got mine engineered.

my guy is in Morayfield and will do it for $100 (well mine for the 2 were that price) 0405 192 640

cdaniel21
09-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Morayfield is quite far from me... but thanks anywaya...
Any other suggestions near Brisbane or Logan.

EK1.6LCIV
09-03-2010, 03:17 PM
lol, he's by far the most reasonable, good excuse to hit up bribie or the north coast when your finished for some fun :)

Nuci
09-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Yeah definately make sure all your original bolt holes line up, when police are looking for defects thats one of the first things they check.

Most major mechanics should be able to do engineering certificates. So maybe hit up some of your local mechanics and see if they can help. If not, im sure theyll know someone who will

MR-VTEC
09-03-2010, 04:08 PM
call up queensland transport. They can give you a list over the phone of the engineers closest to your address Ring a few and compare prices. Price varies alot between different people/places

jks24
09-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Daniel what rails are you using?

Nuci
09-03-2010, 05:03 PM
I kept my standard rails and had to make up custom bracing and weld it all together. My recaros are from the dc2 integras. Bit of dicking around but at least its legal

cdaniel21
09-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Daniel what rails are you using?

I'm using the EK9 rails... but is it ok if my seat belt is not very good? It can't release back quickly, sometime even need to use hand...

MR-VTEC
09-03-2010, 06:34 PM
all depends on the person doing the mod plate. some will let it slide, some won't. if you need new seatbelts Klippan make new replacements for civics ;) can get them through repco, autobarn etc. For a cheaper option hunt around the wreckers.

EK1.6LCIV
09-03-2010, 08:33 PM
just make sure all of the items I told you to look at are there and working otherwise you have to pay the $100 (or whatever the charge as it's an unfixed rate and nonrefundable if it fails)

but seriously most guys charge $160 and come to you, so the drive is worth it, best one I got in the yellow pages awhile ago

90LAN
09-03-2010, 10:33 PM
i would just use ek9 rails to be safe
most mod plates cost $150 for the plate with one mod and 80 bucks each mod after that
in brisbane thats about the standard rate
some will vary in prices and who u know

in saying that a police officer can still write a defect and you will need to take to engineers for a full inspection if he believes it is a defect
even if it has a mod plate
cause any one can change a seat around after the mod plate has been installed