PDA

View Full Version : How much labour should it cost to fit turbo or s/c

mr_euro_03
09-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Hay all finally saved up for either a s/c or turbo kit I'm leaning more towards s/c , how much should either of these cost just to fit/tune if I supply the parts Im aware everywhere I go will be a differnt price also will the euro g/box hold up

yfin
09-03-2010, 07:47 PM
How much have you set aside - I reckon to turbo properly (with stand alone ECU) will cost $15k including the parts.

The Comptech supercharger is much cheaper but I don't know how the ECU side of things work as it has been designed for the TSX.

Either s/c or turbo is not really worth it unless you really are attached to the car. You can get something much better stock that is faster.

tony1234
10-03-2010, 07:05 AM
How much have you set aside - I reckon to turbo properly (with stand alone ECU) will cost $15k including the parts.

The Comptech supercharger is much cheaper but I don't know how the ECU side of things work as it has been designed for the TSX.

Either s/c or turbo is not really worth it unless you really are attached to the car. You can get something much better stock that is faster.
If you go down this path S/C your car.cost is Au$4410 plus shipping(from Heeltoe in the states) $500??Approx.7 hrs labour to fit $1000??Kpro $2000???tuning $1000??.I reckon approx.$10K all up.:eek:

mr_euro_03
10-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Damn that's 5k to much :p I only got 6k I was hopin fitting would only be 2k it's not worth 5 may as well buy a big tv :D

felixd
10-03-2010, 08:39 AM
or if u want to go like a basic route u can go CT supercharger + Emanage ultimate will be good enuf :) if u just want to hear the SC whines :)

mr_euro_03
10-03-2010, 10:01 AM
or if u want to go like a basic route u can go CT supercharger + Emanage ultimate will be good enuf :) if u just want to hear the SC whines :)

How much will That cost

euromandeluxe
10-03-2010, 10:57 AM
as yfin said, do you really love your euro, or just want something quicker?

if you're not bothered sell up and get a used WRX or an Evo - BFYB

integral90
10-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Comptech have a reflash for their supercharger that's done by Hondata. But you'd need to send your ECU to the states (and the key I think?) to get them to reflash it. Nowhere near as expensive as a KPRO+tune though