PDA

View Full Version : DC5R - Sports organic clutch problems

Anthony38
09-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Hey all,

A few months back I had to replace my clutch and I changed it to exedy sport organic.

I am find it problematic at times as compared to OEM. For example in the morning the engagement point is harder to find, its kind of all over the place. But after driving for awhile it does get a lot better and its feels like how the new clutch should feel like.
And then there is problem downshift from 3rd to 2nd, a lot of time its difficult and need rev it a little otherwise I get violence shakes around my engine bay or the clutch area.
Initially I thought it may have been one of the mounts but after inspection that does not seem the case.

Is anyone about to give some insight to what the problem is? Is this normal and I have installed a clutch that I do not how to operate?

androo
09-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Hi Anthony. Did you have this problem at the start? I've never heard of this before. I've asked a few friends that were around - One of which is a mechanic. He said you should take it back to whoever installed it for you and get them to fix it if it was apparent from the start.

Sorry I know thats limited but good luck!

bennjamin
09-03-2010, 08:58 PM
please change / bleed air from your clutch hydraulic lines...this may be the culprit.

Anthony38
09-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Yeah I've had this problem from the start....

After some research the technical term is shudder.

Thanks bennjamin I will get that done when I service the car next, which is pretty soon.

e240
09-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Yeah I've had this problem from the start....

After some research the technical term is shudder.

Thanks bennjamin I will get that done when I service the car next, which is pretty soon.

Bleeding the clutch lines isn't difficult - If you're facing issues already, I wouldn't wait until your next service.

Anthony38
09-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Bleeding the clutch lines isn't difficult - If you're facing issues already, I wouldn't wait until your next service.

Wow! by the sounds of your reply it sounds like it fairly urgent ! :o

I guess it would a good reason to get the service asap. Thanks for that...:)

Until then I will keep my eyes peeled on the thread to see if anyone else may think it then

Zilli
10-03-2010, 06:17 AM
either its your clutch lines, or you didnt bed the clutch in properly (nice and easy driving) or the flywheel wasnt machined

Anthony38
10-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Umm..coming to think of it I don't remember the mechanic changing the clutch fluid.

Could that be the problem?

bennjamin
10-03-2010, 06:42 PM
please change / bleed air from your clutch hydraulic lines...this may be the culprit.

As i said before !