PDA

View Full Version : Removed Vafc2 now problem

tOniies
09-03-2010, 08:21 PM
As I was checking the ecu codes, i decided to get rid of my vafc. After that, i resetted the ecu, and started the car. Now I have this same engine light popping up again. URGENT HELP!

OMG.JAI xD
09-03-2010, 08:24 PM
What was the code.

tOniies
09-03-2010, 08:35 PM
i got the codes 3 and 21

vinnY
09-03-2010, 10:04 PM
so map sensor and vtec spool solenoid valve?

when you removed the vafc did you rejoin the two wires that the unit had to originally intercept?

tOniies
09-03-2010, 10:36 PM
The thing is, I have no idea where the wires are. I had a look at the connecting methods on the website, and i have to get connect 3 wires back, and remove the rest of the wires that were spliced in it.

vinnY
09-03-2010, 10:42 PM
yeah there's a bunch of wires you only had to tap into, but i think there was another 2 which you had to intercept rather than tap

if you have the manual, look at the h3-a
the ones you need to find and reconnect are the 'vtec solenoid signal' and the 'pressure signal'

tOniies
09-03-2010, 10:47 PM
for a dc2 isnt it h4-a?

vinnY
09-03-2010, 10:51 PM
oh well whichever one your car is
those are the two you're looking for

tOniies
09-03-2010, 11:02 PM
i'll try tomorrow. hopefully i don't stuff any of the wires up.

IEVAQ8
10-03-2010, 07:52 AM
if you havnt taken any wires off the loom and just unpluged the vafc, just plug it back in and initialise it (WHICH RESETS IT) AND with ur stock ecu reset, its like stock anyways....

what are u trying to do anyways???

PlatinumVisuals
10-03-2010, 08:26 AM
After I removed my VAFC2, there was only 3 wires that I needed to put back together, all the rest were spliced.

If anyone was wondering why I removed mine, it was because it was running extremely rich, I would spit out fuel all the time and just leave black residue all over the floor all the time.

Removed the VAFC2 and the problem went away :D

tOniies
10-03-2010, 10:03 AM
too be honest, ive been reading forums saying vafc is nothing but trouble and its shit. plus when i bought the car, the vafc was in it, but it wasn't even tuned. no point of having it, cause i'm gonna be changing the whole exhaust system and new ecu

IEVAQ8
10-03-2010, 10:07 AM
i never ever had 1 prob with vafc, and it gained me 8.xxx kw at the wheels.............pretty good gain if u ask me for $300 vafc + $150 tune...

tOniies
10-03-2010, 10:14 AM
i never ever had 1 prob with vafc, and it gained me 8.xxx kw at the wheels.............pretty good gain if u ask me for $300 vafc + $150 tune...
Yerh, but I don't think I'm going to be getting a tune to my car in a while. LOL. Isn't having a Vafc in a untuned car bad? Cause that's I've been getting told on forums.

OMG.JAI xD
10-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Yerh, but I don't think I'm going to be getting a tune to my car in a while. LOL. Isn't having a Vafc in a untuned car bad? Cause that's I've been getting told on forums.

Not really. If you initialise the system where vtec is not altered its the same as having the apexi RSM.
Just use it to read gauges and engine data.
Untuned vafc as in altering vtec crossover and not changing the fuel delivery is unsafe. Cause itll make your engine run leaner for a period of time if vtec is set lower than oem or richer if vtec is higher than oem.
Most people think its better to have vtec crossover earlier. Well in theory its true. But with OEM cams. Its better left untouched.

Hondas run map and air temp sensors to utilise fuel delivery. Therefore vtec crossover point if changed wont alter fuel delivery.
Itll work if hondas ran an air flow meter. But i dont think thatll work very well with vtec.

IEVAQ8
10-03-2010, 11:37 AM
as above, if u initialise it like i first said, it basicaly runs the stock ecu signal thru it, realises nothing is changed and runs off stock map in ecu...

tOniies
10-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Just came home from school, and connected all the wires back. Cars running fine now. It actually sounds better then before. My engine bay has gone more quiet. LOL

IEVAQ8
10-03-2010, 04:34 PM
LOL.....................

just go into the setting and go to initialise..... say yes, and it will wipe it clean and run as if it wasnt there and only be used as a view for rpm or whateva u choose