PDA

View Full Version : Accord 8th Gen VTI vibration

gldsaucer
09-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Hi guys,

Just picked up new '09 accord VTI last wk. Great car, I love it a lot..However, when idling and aircon is turned on, I feel that the car shakes/vibrates a lot. I can really feel it. My previous car, Mazda3, was so quiet that you dont even know the engine is on. Surely the accord should be better that Mazda3 in terms of engine wise. I am not sure if it is just my car or is it normal? I was wondering if you guys with 8th accord VTI experiences similar issue?

NileshP
10-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi guys,

Just picked up new '09 accord VTI last wk. Great car, I love it a lot..However, when idling and aircon is turned on, I feel that the car shakes/vibrates a lot. I can really feel it. My previous car, Mazda3, was so quiet that you dont even know the engine is on. Surely the accord should be better that Mazda3 in terms of engine wise. I am not sure if it is just my car or is it normal? I was wondering if you guys with 8th accord VTI experiences similar issue?

I have come across the same. Also when you use the wiper, the noise is greater than that made by those windscreen cleaners at the traffic lights. Pretty 1980s.

gldsaucer
10-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Do you think this is normal for this car? Have you spoken Honda yet?

Anyone else experience the same thing?

gldsaucer
13-03-2010, 07:05 PM
no one else?

lefty
13-03-2010, 08:08 PM
smooth as in my 08 VTi
but I'm used to the rough idle of my Forester, boxer engines are reknowned for this

Shpox
13-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Yep on my it's the same. Especially when you're at the traffic lights and the air-con is on. Shake is primarily felt through the steering wheel. The whole car seems a lot louder with the aircon, pretty reminiscent of those VX commodores but not as bad.

gldsaucer
14-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Yep on my it's the same. Especially when you're at the traffic lights and the air-con is on. Shake is primarily felt through the steering wheel. The whole car seems a lot louder with the aircon, pretty reminiscent of those VX commodores but not as bad.

I just went for a drive this morning. A cold morning. It does not seem to vibrate as much as in an afternoon or hod days. Its pretty smooth actually. I am going in to a dealer this wk to try to replicate the problem..

bono
14-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Every car that I have owned have experienced an increase in vibration/noise when the aircon is turned on. I think this is normal as the car needs to work harder when the compressor is on. Very similiar to the aircon unit at home. I use the aircon quite a lot and it seems pretty normal in my Accord. However, it shouldn't be as noisy or vibrate as much as the first initial startup of the car, which I find quite loud.

gldsaucer
14-03-2010, 02:11 PM
I can understand the car vibrates a little when air con it turned on..But when the aircon is not on, the car do vibrate as if it is going to stall or choked on something somewhere in the engine..

lefty
14-03-2010, 02:34 PM
have you done any mods to the car|?

gldsaucer
14-03-2010, 03:25 PM
nope..stock standard..Its only 10 days old..done 270Km.

bono
14-03-2010, 04:52 PM
If it vibrates that much to concern you, I'd take it straight to the dealer and get them to take a look at it. Better to find out the problem earlier rather than later.

gldsaucer
14-03-2010, 05:17 PM
I will be taking it to the dealer this tuesday. However, I would like to find out if everyone is experiencing this problem or just my car..

oilman
15-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Just got my car 2010 Accord Vti. I don't experience the problems about the head rest, road noise or vibration said here so far. Have not go for a ride on the highway yet but loving the car. I took a photo, like to share with you guys.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff294/saigon111/australia/DSC01937_resize1.jpg

gldsaucer
16-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Just came back from the dealer. They claim that it is normal. sigh..They said the car is still brand new and has only done 300km. I was told to bring back when it has done more K's and if the problem is still persist.

Interesting to note that, they also got me to test drive another accord VTI which has the same vibration as my car but a bit softer. The car has done 13000km.

gldsaucer
23-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Any other comments? It is really frustrating..Its my first Honda, I always thought that Honda is very very reliable..I am thinking of selling the car soon..

brokenback
25-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Any other comments? It is really frustrating..Its my first Honda, I always thought that Honda is very very reliable..I am thinking of selling the car soon..

Initially I did notice a slight vibration (harmonic hum) in the 1st 2 days of picking up a new Vti Accord (18 Mar).

Now after a week I'd call it noticeable but not badly annoying. But there again you vehicle may be worse than ours.

FWIW.

zr6
26-03-2010, 10:31 AM

still having the same problem? i'm thinking to upgrade my civic vti to accord vti. seeing this thread makes me to think twice before upgrading the car as i have no vibration problem with civic.

gldsaucer
27-03-2010, 01:31 PM
still having the same problem? i'm thinking to upgrade my civic vti to accord vti. seeing this thread makes me to think twice before upgrading the car as i have no vibration problem with civic.

If I am to choose again, I would get Mazda6 or Accord Euro instead of Accord..

da9b16
28-05-2011, 10:48 AM
I got my accord second hand a couple of weeks ago. Its a 2009 VTI with 16000km. I noticed this vibration after a couple days driving it. At least now i know its normal for this model.

Does anyone else feel a vibration in the steering wheel if the car is stationary and you turn the steering wheel from lock to lock? For example in parking lots etc?? Could this be a fault or is it "normal" too?