PDA

View Full Version : wtf is this

infurNOS
10-03-2010, 08:30 PM
hey guys, just putting a new intake on my mates care and we noticed this small box in the attachments.

is it safe to put the metal inake pipe on and leave this small box how it is because i have no idea wtf it is
thanks

basically another pipe comes off the main intake arm which leads to this small box.

felixd
10-03-2010, 08:31 PM
looks like the resinator ?

infurNOS
10-03-2010, 08:34 PM
looks like the resinator ?

it has electrical wires going to it and vacuum hoses leading to it from the firewall. also the opening has a plastic flap...

CB7_OWNER
11-03-2010, 09:42 AM
had one on my old accord.. apprently its a solenoid that opens according to throttle position, which helps with noise pollution.. so its basically a little device that helps the resonation? i took mine out ( keeping the vaccum lines properly hooked up of course).. and there was no problems.. useless POS imo.

FAT VTI
11-03-2010, 03:47 PM
agreed, its essentially another resonator underneath the intake piping. its fkn pointless, I know many people who have taken it out without a problem and people who just put their intake piping over it. either way it doesn't really matter, but if ur putting it back to stock at a later point in time, might be worth just putting piping over it and concealing it.

either way it doesn't REALLLLLLLLY matter.

infurNOS
11-03-2010, 05:56 PM
yea thanks guys, i took it out in the end and now the intake noise is a joke lol, its so ****ing loud, VTEC engagement smashes windows loll