PDA

View Full Version : Why no coupe models avaliable?

mugen_ctr
10-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Why didnt the Australian market aquire what the U.s have?
Reason bein is that we got the 1996-2000 ej8/em1 coupe models, which is exact to that of thier models, minus the rhd... yet till this day, Honda Aust hasnt botherd to try and sell the coupe model, only the 4 door model and hatch...

And also the accord coupe models seem very attractive....

Does Aust really have a bad market when it comes to selling coupe models??

chunky
10-03-2010, 08:45 PM
because everyone wants a commodore and falcon
accord coupe is sex

INVSBL
10-03-2010, 08:49 PM
lol chucky, shhhhhh.

honda to most = old peoples car

the cost of having a coupe accord meet our ADR and then sell in small numbers just wouldnt of been worth it.

plus for two door hondas there was the integra and prelude. adding a larger two door coupe woulda been pointless
and the civic coupe woulda taken sales from the integra.

that is all in my opinion though, dont quote me...

curtis265
10-03-2010, 10:31 PM
you'd only get a coupe for performance - R34 coupes, monaros :S?

and, an accord coupe.... is jsut an inconveient family car

Philip Lee
11-03-2010, 10:17 AM
those are LHD cars developed for US market.

will likely to cost a lot to adapt for our small market = high price = poor sale.

hondar
11-03-2010, 02:45 PM
basically every company is profit driven. they have bills to pay, workers to pay.

our market is tiny. 20 odd millions people vs american close 300 millions.

out of that tiny population, only a handful will buy. out of those "who say will buy if they are in australia", only 2/5 will buy them i say. they probably learn their lesson with prelude and integra. the model just cannibalise each other.

plus they already have fn2r and s2000, the former not doing so well and the latter is at the end of the life cycle.

kawai
11-03-2010, 05:47 PM
lolz, its like looking at your manual and seeing all the candy in the car but it say for Some models!!! HID, Heated seats, audio controls on back seat :D just to mention a few.

INVSBL
11-03-2010, 05:49 PM
lolz, its like looking at your manual and seeing all the candy in the car but it say for Some models!!! HID, Heated seats, audio controls on back seat :D just to mention a few.

that does shit me, most of those functions should at least be dealer installed options.

bbds
11-03-2010, 05:54 PM
because in australia we get all the left overs, that other parts of the world dont want.

kawai
12-03-2010, 12:43 PM
haha you mean they think we will survive with a box on 4 wheels.