PDA

View Full Version : honda gearbox

mugenrr
10-03-2010, 08:56 PM
hey guys having abit of a problem, when reverseing the gearstick of my car into Reverse it feels as if its getting stuck and wont sink in all the way where its suppose to be.
The weird thing is that the car still reverses.

Any idea why on earth the car still reverses but the gearstick wont sink in properly to Reverse ?
all help much appreciated

update:
ive pulled off gear shift linkages and inspected it for damages but no signs of damage.
By the way this happened about a month ago and hasnt gone into reverse on the stick eversince.

DC2-PWR
10-03-2010, 08:59 PM
When it happens again, put it back in neutral and then lay of the clutch. Then push clutch all the way in and put it in reverse,

hope it works but good luck

dougie_504
10-03-2010, 09:06 PM
reverse is the weakest gear in the box. normal thing.

clutch in, put it in first, then go straight to neutral and then reverse without clutching out. i do it by habbit

mugenrr
10-03-2010, 09:09 PM
When it happens again, put it back in neutral and then lay of the clutch. Then push clutch all the way in and put it in reverse,

hope it works but good luck

Tryd already & also attempted putting it in Reverse when the car is off.
no luck guys

mugenrr
10-03-2010, 09:12 PM
reverse is the weakest gear in the box. normal thing.

clutch in, put it in first, then go straight to neutral and then reverse without clutching out. i do it by habbit

ive tryd doing that also.

NSPYRE
10-03-2010, 09:30 PM
for me, going into 4th then into reverse without releasing the clutch always works

redefine
11-03-2010, 08:58 AM
try rolling a little before trying to reverse. reverse dosent have synchro, so sometimes it dosent mesh properley untill you roll a little

zropts
11-03-2010, 09:25 AM
possibly leaking clutch master cylinder or maybe slave cylinder. Other then that, perhaps clutch worn out

Nickykeeng
11-03-2010, 11:18 AM
i have a brand new car and this happens sometimes, its like the reverse gear doesnt go the full way in no matter how hard u push.. so usually just pop it back in to neutral, clutch up and in again, then try again

aznalex
18-03-2010, 11:20 PM
push harder and do it over n over again to wear down the reverse engage.
maybe that will help..

N, R, N, R, N, R with the clutch depressed