PDA

View Full Version : Which comes first? Headers or exhaust....

WA-EG
10-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Umm I want to look into buying a complete exhaust, but don't want to do it all at once due to cost constraints.

Wanting to know peoples opinions on which one to do first.....

Car is EG with B18C. Want to buy some decent headers (TODA, Skunk2 or similar) 4-2-1's but was wondering if I bought them first would they bolt up to standard exhaust.

Otherwise would I be better off buying cat back system and then getting headers to suit later one when the finances recover??

Any suggestions would be awesome.

Cheers
Heath

jks24
11-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Headers will be going onto your cat mate

IMO if your on a rift budget buy the headers and exhaust either way around and then have them installed all at the same time. Mayaswell change cat also

installing all at once will save u money on labour if your not doin it yourself

TheSaint
11-03-2010, 12:22 AM
i would do it in this order

Intake
Fujita/Injen CAI

Headers
5zigen or Toda 4-2-1

Exhaust
*insert preference here*

also remember if you get a Japanese catback u will need a JDM cat and make sure u get the JDM version of the headers as well

i had this problem with my Dc2 VTIR - bought a Japanese Mugen Catback than had to get a JDM ITR cat and JDM fitting headers as well

Dems
11-03-2010, 09:06 AM
do the exhaust first as you will notice some improvement, plus you will get a kick out of the sound.

no point putting headers onto your stock exhaust first because you will be trying to force more exhaust gas at a faster rate through a tiny pea shooter exhaust.

doesn't sound like it will be good for performance at all.

WA-EG
11-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Headers will be going onto your cat mate

IMO if your on a rift budget buy the headers and exhaust either way around and then have them installed all at the same time. Mayaswell change cat also

installing all at once will save u money on labour if your not doin it yourself

yeah i know lol. would probly get new cat with the exhaust.

labour is not really an issue.

Starting to think exhaust first for a little gain, then perhaps headers second. try add some cams to the mix while i'm at it.

CRXDEL501
11-03-2010, 11:53 AM
do it at the same time.

but dude, seriously... search. im sure this has been covered before.

same threads over and over again.

WA-EG
11-03-2010, 12:32 PM
do it at the same time.

but dude, seriously... search. im sure this has been covered before.

same threads over and over again.

budget doesnt allow it to be done at same time. and i thought rather than buy one now and have it gathering dust in my spare room was trying to work out a good order.

Sorry mate, i did attempt the search. closest thing i got was comparing TB and headers. most other threads found in search were for sales.

TheSaint
11-03-2010, 12:45 PM
pm sent with more info =)

DLO01
11-03-2010, 01:01 PM
What do you mean budget doesn't allow? Your going to be forking out the the same $ weather you get them at different times or buying it together. Save up that little longer. Buy both at the same time, don't be impatient. Do it together. Less messing around, less labour, less cost, Less hassle.

CRXDEL501
11-03-2010, 01:14 PM
What do you mean budget doesn't allow? Your going to be forking out the the same $ weather you get them at different times or buying it together. Save up that little longer. Buy both at the same time, don't be impatient. Do it together. Less messing around, less labour, less cost, Less hassle.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Riviera
11-03-2010, 01:26 PM
same time dude... i bought my exhaust 4 months before i finally found time to source some headers and and cat... too many festivals after i bought my exhaust lol :thumbdwn:

if tyou dont do it same time you'll end up adjusting the size of holes pipe lengths
it'll make it harder to fit the headers lalala... be patient bro... more exciting that way lol