PDA

View Full Version : Switching sides - DC2R over to Euro. Wise?

Neesmo31
11-03-2010, 06:20 AM
Alright guys, im thinking of getting rid of my DC2R and hopping into a 7th gen Euro. Do you think i will regret this - i know the DC is alot more sportier, but i am trying to settle down and look at family/house stuff.

Also what models are desirable (lux, sport, stock etc) and what should i look out for when buying one - probably the only thing i would do to it would be a factory bodykit if its a lux or standard, then a set of nice rims. Thats it.

Ahh well just trying to sell my DC2R now, see how we go thanks guys.

tony1234
11-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Alright guys, im thinking of getting rid of my DC2R and hopping into a 7th gen Euro. Do you think i will regret this - i know the DC is alot more sportier, but i am trying to settle down and look at family/house stuff.

Also what models are desirable (lux, sport, stock etc) and what should i look out for when buying one - probably the only thing i would do to it would be a factory bodykit if its a lux or standard, then a set of nice rims. Thats it.

Ahh well just trying to sell my DC2R now, see how we go thanks guys.
Haha.You're asking a bunch of biased guys here!!If you can afford the extra $$$ get a lux or sport as they have a few extra goodies over the std.eg.17"rims over 16s.Get the sport if you like the bodykit,it comes std.I suggest you get a good spring/shock combo(i have Bilstein/Eibach).Lowers the car approx.35mm but transforms the car handling wise.As for model go for the 06+.

doosra
11-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Euro's are so cheap these days because there are so many for sale that the price drops.. I'd go with the lux.. you get the sunroof and leather seats which are nice.. not a fan of the cheap woodgrain though

they're great cars.. and look great lowered, wheels and oem kit.. gives it a sporty/lux look..

i'm the opposite .. i went from euro -> s2k.. and i just got married ahahhaha.

i had my euro for 3 years before i sold it.. and never had an issue with the engine.. !

Neesmo31
11-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Excellent guys thanks. I have really got my heart set on them, but just need to sell my dcr first. I think i will get bored with the euro performance wise, but will be planning to have a project car to work on to kill that urge.

tony1234
11-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Excellent guys thanks. I have really got my heart set on them, but just need to sell my dcr first. I think i will get bored with the euro performance wise, but will be planning to have a project car to work on to kill that urge.
Get a manual.I've got intake,headers and Haltech Interceptor on mine and it goes hard.Remember the Euro has a 2.4ltr.engine and likes to rev.I think you'd be surprised at the power the engine has.Have you driven a manual yet?

Neesmo31
11-03-2010, 08:24 AM
A manual car or a manual euro? No not a manual euro.

tron07
11-03-2010, 08:59 AM
lux is slower then the normal version due to it being a lot heavier...

Neesmo31
11-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Have an opportunity to get a 2004 standard euro. Any good - 120xxxkms on the clock, stock standard.

doosra
11-03-2010, 09:47 AM
mine had 114,000km's on the clock.. was still driving great.. but with the amount of euro's for sale.. i'm sure you could pick up one with low km's at a decent price..

the thing with 120xxxkm's is resale value after a couple years and 20-30,000km's would be shithouse..

l33t
11-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Just a standard euro? I'm guessing price range would be between $16k-19k

I think you could find an luxury model? But thats my opinion whether you'd want an luxury or not, both are still good :)

But keep looking buddy!

Neesmo31
11-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Yeah thanks, if i can sell my car outright i will be looking for a 06 - 07 with under 100kms... so yeah if it happens it happens i guess.

tony1234
11-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Yeah thanks, if i can sell my car outright i will be looking for a 06 - 07 with under 100kms... so yeah if it happens it happens i guess.
I meant get a manual Euro.Again i think you're better off getting an 06+ with 60-80K on the clock.What's your budget?That'll dictate if you get earlier than 06,lux or sport.

Neesmo31
11-03-2010, 10:26 AM
again, if i sell mine i may lash out and get a newer one - say 21 - 23k?

Simonnn
11-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Get the manual, you'll probably get bored with the auto coming from a DC2R D:.. unless you're not looking to have a bit of fun here and there. The auto box is very smooth, but no where near as responsive or as fun as the manual

tony1234
11-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Get the manual, you'll probably get bored with the auto coming from a DC2R D:.. unless you're not looking to have a bit of fun here and there. The auto box is very smooth, but no where near as responsive or as fun as the manual
^^^^I agree.

Neesmo31
11-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Prob should get the auto - i like auto, plus it would remind me on why i bought it in the first place.

HunterZero
11-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Prob should get the auto - i like auto, plus it would remind me on why i bought it in the first place.

At least test drive the manual before you commit. The manual Euro is sublime, very easy to drive, good ratios (although there's a bit of a gap from 1st to 2nd). While the auto is good, very smooth and shifts well, it does noticeably blunt the responsiveness of the car.

Coming from a DC2R, which is a very hard riding car, the Euro is going to feel softer and heavier and the steering not as direct but still responsive. It's not as bad as the old man Accord. Interior is a LOT more comfortable, the DC2R was pretty basic when it came to comfort. Note that while everything else about the Euro is quiet, the tire rumble on coarser roads can be intrusive when riding on stock 17s.

Interior wise, for a family car, the Euro's back seat space lets it down, especially if you have adult children.

- HZ

Neesmo31
11-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Thanks for everyones imput so far - passionate mob.

I think the whole concept of my car is intrusive, solid torque mounts, exhaust that reverberates the whole cabin, dc2r sound deadening (or lack thereof) so its a bit of an assualt on the sences.

While i wouldnt buy a Euro to enjoy its performance or anything like that - i would buy it because that is whats best for the long run for me. If i wanted performance and handling etc etc id keep mine.

Simonnn
11-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Looks like you know what you want already, but as others have said, make sure you at least test drive both transmissions before you purchase one. The auto euro is a very nice drive, I'm sure you wont be dissapointed :)

HunterZero
11-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Much easier to find a decent auto example though, especially in std trim, because there are far more of them around. More choice is good when buying used.

Very few manual luxes around.

Lots of higher km Euros coming off lease now.

- HZ

Neesmo31
11-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Hmm cheers guys. Let you all know what happens with it.

integral90
11-03-2010, 01:16 PM
While i wouldnt buy a Euro to enjoy its performance or anything like that - i would buy it because that is whats best for the long run for me. If i wanted performance and handling etc etc id keep mine.

You wouldn't buy one for it... but you'd be surprised when you got it :p

(On the drag strip, of course) I keep up with a lightly modified DC5R

Neesmo31
11-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Yeah if im going to do anything like that i wont do that to my daily. Ill have to have a project car for that type of racing.

IEVAQ8
11-03-2010, 02:47 PM
my opinion...............u've lost the ploit.............lol

hisoka
11-03-2010, 02:51 PM
sorry about the euro buddy lol i didnt know you were north queensland, thought you lives somewere in brisbane lol.

imo keep dc2r. euro is the shittest car i have ever owned and will never buy a honda off the showroom floor again

kuyar11
13-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Get a manual.I've got intake,headers and Haltech Interceptor on mine and it goes hard.Remember the Euro has a 2.4ltr.engine and likes to rev.I think you'd be surprised at the power the engine has.Have you driven a manual yet?

Hey Tony1234 i am interested what the Haltech Interceptor you have on the euro? What is its function etc

oongie
14-03-2010, 03:40 PM
kEep the dc2r. Euro's not the shittest car I have driven but hisoka may have bought a lemon. Coming from. Mx5 to the euro. You'll regret getting a ero as you'll miss the dc2r very much

tony1234
14-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Hey Tony1234 i am interested what the Haltech Interceptor you have on the euro? What is its function etc
Its a piggyback chip.With it you can tune advance,mixture and vtec.

sodaz
14-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Don't underestimate the Euro when it comes to handling. A friend who mine who owns a heavily modded EP3r took my modded Auto CL9 Euro (I/H/E + Suspension) for a spin and was very impressed. The gearing is not the best and it weighs a bit too much but as a daily driver it's very good. It's got a very good chassis so you can have a bit of fun on your way to work without any unwanted attention.

Neesmo31
16-03-2010, 07:16 AM
Beautiful 2006 euro sport in rocky here with 56kms i would love that, red.

tony1234
16-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Beautiful 2006 euro sport in rocky here with 56kms i would love that, red.
Sounds good,how much they want for it?

snYpz
16-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Becareful of milano red though, they do tend to fade with time to a pinkish colour...which is probably simlar to the red dc2r.

Neesmo31
17-03-2010, 06:55 AM
Yeah thanks - its mid 20's. I have heard that the red can fade quickly, but i guess as long as i keep the paint maintenance up to it (sealers, waxing and QD) it will last as long as it possibly can.

Cheers for everybodies input.

HunterZero
17-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Even the Milano Red solid colour on the Euro should be clear coated, yes? So it shouldn't fade as fast as single stage red paint.

- HZ

Neesmo31
17-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Regarding oongies comment, i will miss the DC2r terribly but it may be time to leave that behind and get a family car. I know i am gunna regret it probably though... see how we go.

snYpz
17-03-2010, 08:38 PM
^ well you cant have the best of both worlds. For quality and comfort wise, you cant be wrong with going with the euro. But if you also want performance, have you considered mazda mps or liberty gt? Both also came around the same time but would have the extra performance which may suit you coming from a dc2r.

I love my cl9. Not enough power, but its a great daily driver, fuel efficient and fun to drive. I had an aurion to drive for the last few weeks, it had heaps more torque and power, but i would always take the euro out for weekends and would have any excuse to take the euro. The euro feels more solid, better quality and more fun to drive...now im rambling on nonsense and off topic lol....

Neesmo31
18-03-2010, 06:09 AM
Ramble away, makes me want a Euro lol. Not into power or performance for my next car, just a nice comfy cruiser. I guess if my dc2r doesnt sell then im left with that, and ill keep modifying it lol.

tony1234
18-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Ramble away, makes me want a Euro lol. Not into power or performance for my next car, just a nice comfy cruiser. I guess if my dc2r doesnt sell then im left with that, and ill keep modifying it lol.
Put a set of headers,intake and decent suspension and tyres on a Euro and you'll be surprised how quick it'll be.

oongie
18-03-2010, 11:56 AM
not that quick...
Coming from a DC2R to CL9...
IMO if you really want to get a euro get an auto for daily duties and have a toy on the side...

Don't bother tuning a euro.
but everyone here is bias anyway... =P

*puts flame suit on*

sodhi90
18-03-2010, 12:19 PM
I still think my euro is quick :P even if it is an auto. reason being i went from This : 70KW 2.8 N/A Diesel Hilux (Miss it !)

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/alexsodhi/DSC06362.jpg

To my 04 Euro

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/alexsodhi/IMG_0250.jpg

so its still feels quick haha :P

Neesmo31
19-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Went and had a look at that euro yesterday. omg, so very very nice - i will really try and sell my car now! its a beautiful car.

vtecing
19-03-2010, 01:05 PM
i went from a dc2r to a lowlux like that haha, it was such a bad decision. Even tho i got it because i had a 125cc go kart id use on the st, it still didnt satisfy me.

sodhi90
19-03-2010, 09:09 PM
i went from a dc2r to a lowlux like that haha, it was such a bad decision. Even tho i got it because i had a 125cc go kart id use on the st, it still didnt satisfy me.

power wise i can understand, but i miss getting looks in the lux it was the best haha :P

10KRPM
20-03-2010, 09:42 AM
The wife bought a 05 euro lux new and for 80% of driving its perfect. Very well built and surprising rolling speed pickup. Now i had a fairly worked Dc2r before this car. Pretty much was a hill climb car when i bought it so it was fairly rough and the noise annoying and that was at 60 kph....!! But i still miss it to this day, something about it that just made you pay attention to everything.....the engine noise changeover on vtec, the sublime gearbox (like rowing through butter) and the go cart handling. Actually im trying to find a cheapish one at the moment..hahaha.

The bad?

Auto responsiveness is bad.
Air con seems to have a major effect on engine drivability, never looked at how big the compressor is but must be significant to affect the car so much.
Sport tourer type steering response - you will notice this allot coming from the dc2r. bigish steering input compared to actual change of direction on the road.

rodericb
20-03-2010, 03:34 PM
while not a Type R, I have an old 1997 integra and the difference between the Integra and the Euro is pretty huge. While certainly not the quietest car around, the Euro feels like you're driving around in a bunch of leather covered pillows all wrapped up in concrete compared to the Integra. Jumping back into the Integra it feels like a go-kart with windows....you can see all around easily (a bit of a problem with the Euro, especially the A pillar), it feels tiny inside (Euro is wide but a bit short of legroom in the back). The clutch in my Euro is much stiffer than the Integra, the gearchange in the Integra is much more mechanical and direct feeling than the let-me-help-you-with-that gear change of the manual Euro. The gear spacing from 1 to 2 in the euro is a bit crap. Standard suspension dives much more under brakes in the Euro. There's a lot more torque in the Euro and it doesn't feel like it's travelling as fast as it really is.

My Integra isn't a Type R so the differences between a DC2R and a Euro will feel slightly more extreme than what I get now. I generally prefer driving my Euro as it's just easier and less work. If you can, have the two at once and then if you need the DC2R, then keep it. I bought my Euro for it's four doors (i.e. baby!) and I'm selling the Integra but circumstances might change for work and if I have to start driving to work I'll need two cars!

Neesmo31
24-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Hmm the opportunity has arisen for a trade for my car for a stagea. I have always wanted one ages ago. I think i might do it...

oongie
24-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Stageas are nice cars just hope you'll get some money on top for the fuel bills

Neesmo31
24-03-2010, 02:07 PM
lol yeah i have heard that - but this one is sporting a neo, and i have heard that they are slightly less agressive on fuel.

Neesmo31
12-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Friday people.

Neesmo31
13-05-2010, 02:34 PM
See new sig and profile picture. yay!

tony1234
13-05-2010, 06:33 PM
See new sig and profile picture. yay!

Nice.Please post details of the car.Kms,price etc.

Neesmo31
14-05-2010, 07:16 AM
04 pearl white accord euro, stock as a rock, 59,000 kms Going to keep it standard too. Price: enough... lol

Simonnn
14-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Great choice of colour! did you end up with the auto or manual? how does it compare to the dc2r? :)

Neesmo31
14-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Auto - specifically wanted auto. Going up to rocky this afternoon to pick it up, around 4ish so ill be on tonight and let people know!

Compare to the dcr? dont know yet, i dont really care if its slow or doesnt handle as good, i wanted this car because of the brand - looks - and its comfy. Thats it.

Sooooo excited!

Neesmo31
14-05-2010, 07:09 PM
All i can say is that i am one very happy person.

Neesmo31
14-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Will post pics very soon, im in love. The more i look at it the more i love it.

minircc
15-05-2010, 07:47 PM
good choice.

i sold a DC5 teggy and bought a Euro Lux Sport. Haven't looked back.

Neesmo31
16-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Mines not a lux or sport but is more than enough for me. I just want a nice set of rims and thats it. Gunna chuck the dc5r rims on and see how they look.

rodericb
16-05-2010, 10:12 PM
You could get some of the later 17" luxury wheels for a quick and cheap upgrade! What made you go for the automatic transmission?

www.wheelweights.net has a listing for a "Honda Accord Type R (Euro)" 17x7 cast - 21.8lb.........which is not in the realm of an SSR type F but lighter than quite a few others out there.

sodhi90
16-05-2010, 10:22 PM
That auto Euros arent that slow, with an intake they go alright, I beat a 04 BA Falcon XR6 5 speed manual by 1 car length in 1/4 mile (closed road)

Neesmo31
17-05-2010, 12:21 PM
No people no! no modifications at all to this one. Its only going to stay stadard as, no intake, no exhaust, no upgrade to the stereo. Nothing.

I really want to keep this one mint, and save up for a house deposit so the only money being spent on this car will be the maintenance.

The reason i went with auto is for this type of car (accord, quiet, no really sporty - just comfortable) i didnt feel the need to go a manual, and as it was always intended to stay a nice cruisy cruiser - auto fits the bill perfectly. The more i drive the car the more i love it. Just looks a bit nana spec atm. Just a set of rims then its complete. AHHH and also a ozhonda sticker for support.

minircc
17-05-2010, 01:09 PM
the wheels on the car look fine. no need to change.
in japan base model accord euros come with 15in steelies. so the 16 alloys we have is considered an upgrade for them. :)

Neesmo31
17-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Still trying to get photos. Been to busy driving it around! Just mucked around with the number plate holder at the front, cut it down and painted it. It has a factory towbar, so im trying to pull that off whenever i get the chance. Any pointers from anyone doing this before? Also does anyone want a factory towbar? lol

sodhi90
17-05-2010, 06:10 PM
u need to remove your bumper, which is basicly 2 bolts some screws and clips and it pops off. takind tow bar off is self explanitory from there.

Neesmo31
17-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Yeah thought it might be like that. PS does anyone have any pics of a accord euro with dc5r rims on it??

THanks all.

Simonnn
17-05-2010, 07:28 PM
I've seen a few around, rims look too small and car looks too high!

Neesmo31
17-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Yeah i think 17's or 18's may be on the cards - just trying to find out if i want to go jap looking rims or nice vip style. But not overboard like 20's or anything like that.

Hmmm tough decisions. I do like the euro sport rims in the 17's - if i could track down a set i would consider them. Paint them gloss white.

iLlusion10
17-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Euro sport rims are always in high demand =]

minircc
17-05-2010, 10:27 PM
i would have taken your factory towbar.
but unlikely given you are in QLD..lol

Neesmo31
18-05-2010, 05:57 AM
Theres always transport? lol. But for now i just love it.

HunterZero
18-05-2010, 10:56 AM
No people no! no modifications at all to this one. Its only going to stay stadard as, no intake, no exhaust, no upgrade to the stereo. Nothing.

I really want to keep this one mint, and save up for a house deposit so the only money being spent on this car will be the maintenance.

^ LIKE! ^

Welcome to the Accord Euro minty stockers club! I agree, mods for cars are too expensive. The car is exceptionally good straight from the factory. My car also has zero mods, and it's staying that way.

The 10 spoke and 9 spoke 17" rims do look better than the 16" 5 spokes, but the 5 spokes still look good and are part of the distinctive look of the earlier car.

- HZ

HunterZero
18-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Hmmm tough decisions. I do like the euro sport rims in the 17's - if i could track down a set i would consider them. Paint them gloss white.

They look a lot better in bright silver than they do in white, especially on a pearl white car. You can only really get away with white rims on a blue car, IMHO.

- HZ

aaronng
18-05-2010, 11:51 AM
And instantly reduce the resale value of those rims. :p There was someone who did it by spraying the rims black. Not sure if he managed to sell them off.

Neesmo31
18-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Yeah lol. Im going to just see how the dc5r rims are for now. I really dont even want to spend money on rims but i would like some on the car.

Neesmo31
18-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Hmmm myself and HZ share the same feelings regarding cars. I thought i was over the modifying bug, had my dc2r stock for nearly 2.5 years, then about a month before i sold it i spend thousands modifying. Got nothing back...

Just rims to tell people that i am an enthusiast not an old lady lol.

hisoka
19-05-2010, 04:10 PM
iam working on ure old car tommoro possibly neesmo LOL.

congrats on accord btw.

get suspension on your cl7 and a euroR kit, lol thats the best mods i can think off and try get euro R wheels (there pretty cheap these days)

Neesmo31
19-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Ha kewl - what you guys doing to it?? I think Dzinh is really happy - i did everything i could to make it good for him.

Edited...

Neesmo31
19-05-2010, 08:06 PM
If i do get rims it will be out of these (just cheapies) - also a quick question guys, say if i get a set of rims, what would be the closest to standard as possible offset and wheel size?? I would be looking for these in 17"

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/content/products/sm_dc6.version2_charcoal_grey.jpg
http://www.tempetyres.com.au/content/products/sm_gf7_black.jpg
http://www.tempetyres.com.au/content/products/sm_Pro%20Gear_Black.jpg

Something along these lines anyway...

snYpz
19-05-2010, 09:05 PM
If you want stock then 17x7 +55offset (which is a rare offset for aftermarket cheapish rims)...

17x7 +40 up to +50 offset would be fine if you're after close to stock look

Neesmo31
19-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks - there is just sooo much choice and different combo's its really hard to decide...

sodhi90
19-05-2010, 11:28 PM
first ones would look nice

Neesmo31
20-05-2010, 06:24 AM
Love this look - would appear to be 17's i think. If i could get something like that i would be happy.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_NRSDCBt4i-U/SalAKtrihHI/AAAAAAAACXs/52-923nP41s/acura_tsx%2Bside_view.jpg

raffyboy
20-05-2010, 09:46 AM
love the look of aaron's car last euro cruise love to get rays wheels and a full exhaust system now very tempted - but in regards of dc2r to euro? like i mentioned before i think I have the same dilemma but i found a solution im selling my Evo 8 and down grade to a dc2r and still keep my euro lol

Neesmo31
20-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Wellll sorrrrrrry we all cant both dc2r's and euro's!!!!! lol. Nah that would be the ultimate. But to clarify raffy, dc2r is gone and the euro currently resides in my garage.
Saw a evo 8 at the rifle range the other weekend. Very nice looking cars. If you have a euro you should keep it stock and bomb the hell outta a dc2r.

Neesmo31
21-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Okay, after a bit of driving under my belt, a couple of issues are raised with the euro.

Jerky throttle at crawling speeds (even without throttle application) it tends to jump up in the revs and jerk you around in the car.
Very low rpms cruising around at say 60, its like chugging away at 1200rpm.

I have done a bit of research and this appears to be standard euro traits. Alot of people have the same problems with the FBW throttle (well not problems just issues) and the low ratios of the gearbox.

Should i be worried about these things?? Or just get used to them?? My car is in great condition and has been always serviced on time and was owned by an old couple.

ALSO is there a drain bung on the auto or is it a pan off affair?? I havnt yet looked or researched. I am going to do my own service with new oils and whatnot for piece of mind.

natnat
22-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Love this look - would appear to be 17's i think. If i could get something like that i would be happy.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_NRSDCBt4i-U/SalAKtrihHI/AAAAAAAACXs/52-923nP41s/acura_tsx%2Bside_view.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1192/4608951468_5b61c2e911_b.jpg
how about this look?

or this

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4068/4626386933_93177a3e14_b.jpg

tony1234
22-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Okay, after a bit of driving under my belt, a couple of issues are raised with the euro.

Jerky throttle at crawling speeds (even without throttle application) it tends to jump up in the revs and jerk you around in the car.
Very low rpms cruising around at say 60, its like chugging away at 1200rpm.

I have done a bit of research and this appears to be standard euro traits. Alot of people have the same problems with the FBW throttle (well not problems just issues) and the low ratios of the gearbox.

Should i be worried about these things?? Or just get used to them?? My car is in great condition and has been always serviced on time and was owned by an old couple.

ALSO is there a drain bung on the auto or is it a pan off affair?? I havnt yet looked or researched. I am going to do my own service with new oils and whatnot for piece of mind.

On the jerky throttle at low speeds/RPM you'll have to get used to it.It's more noticible in a manual.I found once you get used to it it's not too bad.You just have to go really gentle on the accelerator at low speeds.

Simonnn
22-05-2010, 03:31 PM
wow I always thought it was just my car that did the jerky thing! good to know that I dont suffer alone :P

Neesmo31
25-05-2010, 07:09 AM
Just a rims question, would 18x8 in a 40 offset be alright??

Thanks, im a bit of a noob when it comes to rims as i have never bought any in my life accept for dc5r rims for my dc2 lol.

EDIT: will these rims give me any problems with scrubbing when turning, also going to get a set of kings low springs just to knock it down a touch but not rediculously low.

Then i will be happy. Giving it a full detail and polish this week so will post pics up when its up to my standards!

Finally made my mind up on rims. These:
http://www.tempetyres.com.au/content/products/bg_axis2b[1].JPG

tony1234
25-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Just a rims question, would 18x8 in a 40 offset be alright??

Thanks, im a bit of a noob when it comes to rims as i have never bought any in my life accept for dc5r rims for my dc2 lol.

EDIT: will these rims give me any problems with scrubbing when turning, also going to get a set of kings low springs just to knock it down a touch but not rediculously low.

Then i will be happy. Giving it a full detail and polish this week so will post pics up when its up to my standards!

Finally made my mind up on rims. These:
http://www.tempetyres.com.au/content/products/bg_axis2b[1].JPG

Nice rims.are they 18s?check the offset,ideally you want +43 max.Don't get Kings they tend to sag over time.

Neesmo31
25-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Thanks tony, if they start to sag, i will replace them - i can get these really really cheap. Just got an email - they only do these in 19's!! dammit!

These are my next pic then i guess: 18 x 8 40 offset
http://www.tempetyres.com.au/content/products/bg_1102_bk.jpg

tony1234
25-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks tony, if they start to sag, i will replace them - i can get these really really cheap. Just got an email - they only do these in 19's!! dammit!

These are my next pic then i guess: 18 x 8 40 offset
http://www.tempetyres.com.au/content/products/bg_1102_bk.jpg

Hmmmm,not bad but not my favourite. +40 offset is a little low in my opinion.Remember OEM rims are +55 so that's 15mm extra offset .This can,over time prematurely wear the hub bearings.BTW im' running 17s with +48 offset.

Neesmo31
25-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Those rims only come in 38 offset. Is that a little too much? Tony when you say 43 is as much as you want, does that mean anything from 55 to 43 offset? Just trying to clarify. Thanks again.

tony1234
26-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Those rims only come in 38 offset. Is that a little too much? Tony when you say 43 is as much as you want, does that mean anything from 55 to 43 offset? Just trying to clarify. Thanks again.

IMO +38 is too much although others here are running the same or close to that.Yeah +55-+43 is good.Civic type R rims(they're 18s +55) are worth considering if you can find a set 2nd.hand.

Neesmo31
28-05-2010, 10:10 AM
You have to love how easy and simple the back suspension is, no arms or anything, just all rods! Makes changing bushes a breeze!!!!! Love it...