PDA

View Full Version : drum to disc conversion abs?

mugen_ctr
11-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Hey jus went through most threads, an most of them dont mention much about abs.... I wanna do it, already found a seller, but its a non-abs from ek....

Would i need a abs sensor from a ek4/em1 model? or can i still retain the abs sensor?

And the proportional valve, would that need to be from a abs model, or jus any run of the mill ek4/em1?

bennjamin
11-03-2010, 09:03 PM
EDIT read wrong !

Get a 40/40 prop from any 4 wheel disc Honda

mugen_ctr
11-03-2010, 09:06 PM
forgot to mention its a ej8, so it came with abs from the factory....

hisoka
11-03-2010, 09:17 PM
yours is vti ? i thought vti model had front and rear discs

mugen_ctr
11-03-2010, 09:19 PM
naar, vtir (em1) did, hence why im asking, cant afford em1, so im jus gonna improve on what i have

hisoka
11-03-2010, 09:33 PM
lol this is like the first question i have no idea about ?

if it were me, i would probably transfer all vtiR running gear over

EK1.6LCIV
11-03-2010, 09:35 PM
vti ej8 has abs, the abs modules on the ej8 drums dont fit the disc brakes abs points different entirely. (at all they can't be modified)

you need a conversion from any ek/eg civic with abs modules uncut (they simply clip into your exist harness under the rear seat)

handbrake lines from ek/eg/vtir teg (other models may work)

if the conversion doesn't come with abs modules don't bother they're hexy as new from Honda and not too many 2nd hand

the 96-98 vti ej8 did not come with rear discs the later 99-00 ej6's came with rear discs

the prop valve stock will work on your car, it doesn't need to be changed but if you have alot of miles on your car and are good with a spanner it would be wise to change the bb/mc along with prop to vtir spec (only if you have something like 300,000 on the stock unit)

side note: if you're improving it, add the em1/ek4 rear sway (I will be selling mine soon as a kit so look for it), good dampeners/springs and 15" wheels with good single direction tyres. Will make a world of difference to the stock handling.

mugen_ctr
11-03-2010, 09:41 PM
cheers mate, exactly what i needa hear.... its not often many who do the swap intend to keep the abs, i require it, as for road legal reason and insurance purpose....

So any one have a rear brake conversion kit with abs module for sale? lol

blabla
17-03-2010, 05:56 PM
cheers mate, exactly what i needa hear.... its not often many who do the swap intend to keep the abs, i require it, as for road legal reason and insurance purpose....

So any one have a rear brake conversion kit with abs module for sale? lol

I feel ur pain I have been looking as well they can get very pricey if u dont know ppl..

mugen_ctr
17-03-2010, 07:31 PM
will using ek9 sensor work on any honda disc brakes?

mocchi
17-03-2010, 07:38 PM
abs has nothing to do with the disc brakes or what not.

abs needs abs hubs, disc rotors are the same abs or not.

EDIT read wrong !

Get a 40/40 prop from any 4 wheel disc Honda

you need prop valve from any EK/EJ all disc brake civic, EG/DC prop valve is different.

oh, also dont forget the brake lines, seems like not many ppl aware that brake lines are needed for conversion.
i didnt know before lol.

blabla
04-06-2010, 12:56 AM
will using ek9 sensor work on any honda disc brakes?

clear inbox.

blabla
10-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Can any1 tell me if i can use the ebrake cable from an ek4 for a rear disk conversion also is the em1 rear disk setup abs or not????