PDA

View Full Version : OEM hids

ricerockets
11-03-2010, 08:41 PM
hi, i was wondering if anyone knew wat type and specs of the OEM hid bulbs?

so far i know its a D2S

does it matter if its phillips or the osram? does it matter?

any help would be much appreciated, as i only have the one light left =( so i cant realli drive it at night...

tony1234
12-03-2010, 06:33 AM
hi, i was wondering if anyone knew wat type and specs of the OEM hid bulbs?

so far i know its a D2S

does it matter if its phillips or the osram? does it matter?

any help would be much appreciated, as i only have the one light left =( so i cant realli drive it at night...
Not sure of manufacturer but output is 4300k.You'll most likely have to replace both as you'll notice a slight colour variation in output.This is a good option!!Look here.http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129186

tpphan
12-03-2010, 01:36 PM
I believe OEM is Osram.

Does not matter if its Osram or Philips, both are made in Germany and both used in OE. Just make sure they are D2S.

If you need to replace one bulb, you can hunt around for Color Match ones, the product codes end in "CM", these are hard to source. Description from Philips "Designed for drivers who only need to replace one lamp, ColorMatch lamps replicate the color of your existing lamp"

You might as well change to a higher K rating, I think of changing my HID bulbs to these Philips 85122WX (6000K), direct replacement.

ricerockets
14-03-2010, 12:35 AM
I believe OEM is Osram.

Does not matter if its Osram or Philips, both are made in Germany and both used in OE. Just make sure they are D2S.

If you need to replace one bulb, you can hunt around for Color Match ones, the product codes end in "CM", these are hard to source. Description from Philips "Designed for drivers who only need to replace one lamp, ColorMatch lamps replicate the color of your existing lamp"

You might as well change to a higher K rating, I think of changing my HID bulbs to these Philips 85122WX (6000K), direct replacement.

yea i was thinking about changing from 4300k to the 6000k but am still unsure since im yet to see anyone with the 6000k in real life and the 4300k are a pretty nice colour anyway the 8000k though are a bit too blue for my liking haha

iLlusion10
14-03-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm running 6000K, their not that much bluer than 4300K, but they perform slightly worse than 4300K in terms of visibility. They just look better imo.

nxn75u
14-03-2010, 11:21 AM
it depends really on which brand of HID u use. Im currently using Mtec on my cu2 lux and the colour is perfect. very nice touch of pure white colour and it does imporves visibility in the dark especially where there is no street light. However, i have had experiences with made in china's porducts on my FD. The colour wise might differ from your left headlight and your right. Also my mates has 6000k in his FD and the colour slightly differs from mine.