PDA

View Full Version : EM1: Stock factory CD stacker?

Mikecivic78
12-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Here's a question I've been meaning to ask for a while.

When I bought my Em1, I noticed that the CD player has "CD changer" written on it, but my car doesnt have a CD stacker in the boot. Was the 10 CD stacker stock for the EM1? I asked the precious owner about it (they owned it from 2002) and they said "what CD changer?". Are they liars?

Em1 owners, pls shed some light on this 4 me.

EK1.6LCIV
12-03-2010, 08:08 AM
all coupes had that option ticked, my car came with it as well (have it in my garage as it took up some room as it hung below the parcel shelf on the drivers side)

should be a harness in your boot somewhere

it was a kenwood branded item and a shite idea as it's in the trunk, most remove them as who wants to change cds when it's raining, lol

got both the stock radio and cd changer wrapped upin as new condition in case someone ever wanted them lol

Raztaz
12-03-2010, 07:46 PM
is it a stock HU that says CD changer? If so then yes it sohuld of had one in there at some stage.
Even my sedan came with a 10 stack stock

CB7_OWNER
13-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Im the same as the OP. i have a cd player which has a button saying cd changer or woteva.. but i nvr have the stacker...nor do i think its really worth much anyways.. so nothing to worry about..

henrygiang
13-03-2010, 09:51 AM
they were an option as far as i know. headunit may say cd changer but doesnt mean it originally came with one in the car

Mikecivic78
13-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the replies,

hmmm, some of u say that it should of had one standard and some say that it was an option, so not all of them had one.

The fact that it says CD changer on the HU makes me feel like i got jipped. Like i said, the previous owner denied it, and the way he said it sounded a little suss.

Still, id like to know 100% if it was standard or an option.

henrygiang
13-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the replies,

hmmm, some of u say that it should of had one standard and some say that it was an option, so not all of them had one.

The fact that it says CD changer on the HU makes me feel like i got jipped. Like i said, the previous owner denied it, and the way he said it sounded a little suss.

Still, id like to know 100% if it was standard or an option.

brother bought his ej8 brand new and he told me it was an option. still got the car in the family. when i bought one, it never came with one.

Mikecivic78
13-03-2010, 11:37 PM
brother bought his ej8 brand new and he told me it was an option. still got the car in the family. when i bought one, it never came with one.

Thanks Henry, but maybe the EM1 had different stock specs.

Usually at the end of a product line, manufacturers add extra options as stock standard, maybe the EM1 got it.

Thanks for the reply tho'

henrygiang
14-03-2010, 12:00 AM
never thought about that lol