PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help please!

OdysessyC
12-03-2010, 02:08 AM
URGENT :
I recently brought a new 2009 odyssey from a authorized HONDA dealer in homebush NSW in early Feb 2010, and I am going to have my first 1km service tomorrow but when I check the underneath of my new odyssey late in the evening today, I found a lot of rusting underneath and I couldn't believe that my car new can be like this situation.

My question is who is going to fix that for me, even it's fixed I still have a safety concerns about why my new odyssey can be in this worst situation, I am thinking to go to fair trading or maybe even to local media station to bring attention to public about bad quality product from authorized honda dealer and I am thinking if I can ask for a full refund, will anyone be able to give me some advise urgently via PM in the morning of 12Mar 2010. I am serious !!

Photos attached for comments!

Thanks
:(:(

OdysessyC
12-03-2010, 02:10 AM
More photos ...

I am so unhappy about it..:(

SuiJin
12-03-2010, 02:15 AM
looks pretty normal for the weather we're getting and its just surface rust from the looks of it and there's rust on the bushing its only a "rubber" bushing?

OdysessyC
12-03-2010, 02:28 AM
am I overreacting to this.. well .. maybe, but it's my car for family (esp. for kids) so I am a bit 'nervous' if things go wrong... thanks for your comments but I still want to know if the rusting may due to other reasons like it's immersed in water during shipment from Japan...

Rusting just happens on the exhaust piles and surrounding areas that make me even confused, why not other areas underneath? Anyone can help please?

AusAccord
12-03-2010, 07:55 AM
where are the rust? whole exhaust is stainless steel may be rust on expose metal parts only and not much you can do abt it. same as the rotor, if car leaves for a while and rust will be formed. you can check with yr dealership on the 1st service and see what they explains. IMO no issues at all.

you can swap my RB1 if you are worry :) :)

OdysessyC
12-03-2010, 07:59 AM
where are the rust? whole exhaust is stainless steel may be rust on expose metal parts only and not much you can do abt it. same as the rotor, if car leaves for a while and rust will be formed. you can check with yr dealership on the 1st service and see what they explains. IMO no issues at all.

you can swap my RB1 if you are worry :) :)

See this attached photo... the whole damn thing rusts:(

AusAccord
12-03-2010, 08:18 AM
i believe its the welding materials on each joint. extreme high temperature on exhaust causing almost none protective coating can be applied esp you are talking the joint after catalytic converter.

for me, i'll worry if rust on chassis but soon or later it will happen. thats nature

Atjo
12-03-2010, 08:31 AM
I think that's normal for standard exhaust system. Aftermarket exhaust won't look like that.

Noodulz
12-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Maybe the steel on the exhaust rusts a lot quicker than other areas. You have bought a 2009 in 2010 so if the car has been left outside on display at the dealers, there would be time for rust to form. You will eventually start to see rust form on your brake rotors and such anyway which is normal. I can understand your concern for your family so let Honda take a look and see what they say if this still bothers you.

evolution
12-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Looks normal, I wouldn't worry about it.

But if you are still worried, ask the dealership when you bring it in.

AusAccord
12-03-2010, 08:47 AM
^^ did u sleep last night? u r up early man and straight to here

evolution
12-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Well.... the post did say urgent help needed, so I got out of bed....:p

to the OP - googled it for you and found these

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100216071643AA8Klss

http://www.singaporecarsforum.com/carforum/showthread.php?t=6862

OdysessyC
12-03-2010, 01:27 PM
:cool: Thanks all brothers here to help me!! The dealer said that's protection rust and very normal :confused: but when they shown me a new accord, it doesn't have any rust at all. then he said b'cos they are 2 different exhaust systems (bullshit??)...

So please can anyone who has a recently bought Odyssey check your car and post your photos here?

thanks thanks thanks!!!