PDA

View Full Version : DC2R rear engine mount changing HELP ASAP

tseesinngwailo
12-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Hi All,

I have broken the rear mount in my DC2R

I have undone all the bolts holding it in, but can someone give me a DIY or help on what I have to do to swap it out?

I am not sure if I need to jack the engine and box slightly to allow pulling the mount out from under the car.

Any help appreciated.

At this point I know I should have taken up Ben's offer, but cant drive there with no bolts..

HELP PLEASE??????

Cheers
Chris

tseesinngwailo
13-03-2010, 07:40 AM
anyone???

bennjamin
13-03-2010, 07:45 AM
Lol I could of dine it easy chops for u in no time - you are on you own chris :-)

be prepared for lots of shifting the engine back and forth and swearing and don't be a tightass next time .

OMG.JAI xD
13-03-2010, 07:48 AM
You can always drop the subframe abit too.

bennjamin
13-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Loosen/ remove the FRONT two torque mounts to
make it alot easier.

SiReal
13-03-2010, 09:58 AM
i found this for the side torque mounts.

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=15&TopicID=107925&PageMsg=Viewing+Common+Topic

such a tseesin gwailo for not letting ben do it!!

tseesinngwailo
13-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Thanks guys,

I wanted Ben to do it, I really did, but I could only do it on Sat morning and Ben was still naked somewhere....

I did get it done, but it was a hell of a job, and it's not quite finished, one of the bolts just wont go back in (the top one on the T bracket that attaches to the engine/gearbox)

I didn't know about the torque mounts, so what I did was undo both the mount and the T bracket, which I then jacked the engine and box up an inch or two, then was able to swivel the T bracket enough to slide the mount out from underneath, and then did the reverse to put it all back in.

I actually enjoy playing with cars, in fact I have probably been doing so before a lot of you on OzHonda were born... I love to learn, but sometimes due to work and family commitments, I need to pay others to do so. In hindsight on this one it would have been a hell of a lot more pleasureable getting Ben to do it, and I missed out going to Eastern Creek to watch the Improved Production (My friend races the SSS Pulsar) but it just didnt work out that way.

So anyway, thanks for the suggestions guys, maybe I will have to tee Ben up for my 100K service (I can do Oil and plugs, but timing belt is beyond me haha)

Cheers

Chris