PDA

View Full Version : coilovers or shocks?

etcha
09-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Want 2 know which are better?
Goning to change the suspension on my dc2r and not sure on which ones to get,
coilovers or shocks???

toE
09-12-2004, 11:53 PM
What do you want out of them?

Street/Tracks/Drags (?!?), etc. :)

bennjamin
10-12-2004, 12:38 AM
simple....

For 50+% street driving = shocks.
For 50+% track driving = coilovers.

SiR JDM
10-12-2004, 04:37 AM
If this is regarding your ITR, i say keep the stock suspension.

Im no suspesion expert, but ive driven an ITR and its soo very well balanced... OEM is a very nice spring/shock combo ... its stiff but not uncomfortable for daily driving...
also suffice for track use... unless your a track whore or really feel that your taking the car to extreems and handling is suffering, i wouldn't bother changing the suspension at all..

If you want a low look and are willing to sacrifice a little money and a little comfort some cheap(ish) Height Adjustable coilovers would do the job. That way if you get in any trouble with the authorities you can heighten it up...

If your still really adamant about changing your ITR suspension and coilovers arnt wat your looking for due to price and comfort.. ive heard good things about GAB/Eibach spring combo

antikz
10-12-2004, 05:38 AM
It all depends what you want to use ur for? Road or Track? Either way you can't go wrong with Coilovers. But if you want good handling buy lowered springs and shockers. Don't just buy springs and lower it... :D

edw-R
11-12-2004, 12:50 AM
I drove my stock suspenion with stock spring for a 2 years ago. After i changed coilovers, i feel a obvious different. Better conering and better handling. Not too hard on street.

SiR JDM
11-12-2004, 04:35 PM
Which coilovers did you get edw-R?

edw-R
11-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Which coilovers did you get edw-R?
I am using Cusco Zero 1 coilovers. Front 9k rear 6k. This setting is for street. If you want to race on track. Try Front 14k rear 9k.

etcha
14-12-2004, 03:35 PM
thanx heaps guys