PDA

View Full Version : s2000 cluster in an EG

TypeG
13-03-2010, 09:20 AM
I saw this on Honda-tech and I was wondering how hard it is in term of wiring...... It looks really nice =)

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2372936

niiCk
13-03-2010, 12:54 PM
its been done in syd in a red eg

MikeyG
13-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Ye nick that's exellent advice.... Dude I believe the wiring isn't easy to do yourself but I think there is plug n play harness in the states and the people here that have s2k cluster in their eg won't say shit cause they are fagget Fuks

niiCk
13-03-2010, 01:32 PM
thanks bro..could always ask him im sure he'd let you know how to do it since his a nice bloke. pm me if you wanna know who so yeah..

xntrik
13-03-2010, 01:43 PM
its been done in a teg as well, also hard to talk to people with tegs and these clusters. lol been trying to do it for ages.

kcokla
13-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Ye nick that's exellent advice.... Dude I believe the wiring isn't easy to do yourself but I think there is plug n play harness in the states and the people here that have s2k cluster in their eg won't say shit cause they are fagget Fuks

its actually not that hard mikeyg. do some googling.

i did look into this a while back, its just a matter of getting the parts and doing the wiring.

there are wiring diagrams on the internet

as for a plug and play harness that is straight A-B swap , frmo when i last searched there isnt. There are devices for calibrating the speedometer and something called a speedo healer.

really - its not that hard, just a matter of buying the parts overseas and getting them shipped. - which isnt hard, just, bothersome!

MWAKU
13-03-2010, 03:06 PM
before you actually PM who my mate is, better ask my mate if its ok too....

dougie_504
13-03-2010, 04:07 PM
A bloke named Andy put one in his ED9 CRX. It's a mint fit, no squeeks or gaps nothing

MWAKU
13-03-2010, 04:22 PM
lol i dont think the "fitting" is a concern when installing the cluster. its not difficult to get the fit right... its difficult to get all the electronics working and speed exact.

dougie_504
13-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the unnecessary criticism!

But I'm the kind of person who doesn't see the point in getting all that correct if the fit looks like anus afterwards or rattles etc.

It's a cosmetic thing anyway, if you ask me. Regardless, the cluster functions properly (just for your peace of mind).

MikeyG
13-03-2010, 06:17 PM
its actually not that hard mikeyg. do some googling.

i did look into this a while back, its just a matter of getting the parts and doing the wiring.

there are wiring diagrams on the internet

as for a plug and play harness that is straight A-B swap , frmo when i last searched there isnt. There are devices for calibrating the speedometer and something called a speedo healer.

really - its not that hard, just a matter of buying the parts overseas and getting them shipped. - which isnt hard, just, bothersome!

actually i know its not hard... i also do know theres a guy that still does or doesnt do plug n play harness for the s2k cluster for everything to operate normal

before you actually PM who my mate is, better ask my mate if its ok too....

i asked your mate many times via pm and no response... i think they want to keep it to themselfs..

EG5
13-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Someone done it to the EK aswell.
I love s2000 cluster

oldschool
17-03-2010, 05:16 PM

fagget ****s?.........

I dont know he's a pretty nice guy. i think its just a little bit hard to explain by pm, every other time someone has asked hime about the s2000 cluster he has given a detailed explanation.

rayb3na_
18-03-2010, 10:18 PM
yeah mikey that guy that has it happens to be a mate of mine and if he hasnt gotten back to you about it its because his busy with shit lol his trying to convince me to get it too

MikeyG
18-03-2010, 10:43 PM
i dunno but i gave up on asking questions from ozhonda... 90% of them say search google or dont respond

dougie_504
18-03-2010, 11:47 PM
^^^

True Mikey, and it's lame. Sometimes people just prefer to learn via interacting with other people, rather than googling massive amounts of text all the time. I'm one of these people, and about one year ago I asked the typical "will my pod filter get hydrolock?" question.

Personally I'm always happy to answer the same questions again and again, because the forum isn't super easy to navigate when you want something specific and it's probably just full of too many wankers who only come online to talk about the more difficult things or just hang shit on the lesser-informed.

People don't need to read threads that they're answered to before or that don't concern them. They're every bit as bad as the noobiest of noobs just for wasting as much space as they're claiming the OP has.

We're a community and we should help one another, right?

MikeyG
19-03-2010, 01:01 AM
dougie is right and 100% correct.. but all this forum does is divert people to google and honda-tech.

yes i understand that person went to do research BUT if you got the info right infront of you and someone else is asking the same thing why not just share the info, but they wont its ozhonda.

mohdmanutd
19-03-2010, 09:12 AM
i installed the s2000 cluster into my eg about 4 months ago. It did take a long time and patience to get it working properly and functioning right after long hours of research.

Anyone that has asked me in person iv been more than happy to explain the procedure and what needs to be done. As for messaging me and needing help im sorry but its just very hard as it would need atleast 3 pages of explanation and wiring information and unfortunately i dont have the time for that.

As for the s2000 cluster swap into an eg. What is realy required it to get the pin out on paper for both the eg and the s2000 and they basically have the same labelling. From this point you just need to match the wires up together either by connecting the wires together or getting a plug and play connectors from jaycar or so. After wiring all the wires the calibration needs to be done by using the speedohealer that also needs to be purchased from ebay or other online sites. If you would like the temperature gauge to be working you will need the modifry module which is purchased off a website for $70, unless you have another temp gauge then you wont need to worry about the gauge in the cluster. The last bit would be me to modify a surrounding for the cluster to sit flush into the dash. I hope this info helps for now.