PDA

View Full Version : uprated valve springs on DC2R valve train.

euGeR
09-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Anyone done this? or know of any possible problems?

Looking a toda valve springs on stock cams - reliablity at high RPM application ...

Is it worth changing the valves? At what point would we change valves?

TODA AU
09-12-2004, 08:44 PM
OEM valve springs are fine with OEM cams...
The cams don't make power where the TODA springs offer increased reliability.
Unless you have the budget to change the cams your are wasting your time & money...
That said, I have the springs in stock... ;)

euGeR
09-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Thanks adrian :)

I am going to get those cams.... just waiting on the comp.

I thought i may have been getting valve floating with the FD and light fly.... doesn't seem to be as tight with the revs and alot more vibration coming through the gear stick too....

I'll probably come down for a visit coz I wanna pick up a oil gear - do u still answer the toda email?

edw-R
09-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Stock cam use stock valve spring with no problem.
You are right. It would be more reliablity at high RPM application. But it is not worth for just change toda valve springs. The labour is too expensive.
Unless you want to change toda B cam or any bigger cam, you don't need to change it.

avh
09-12-2004, 11:36 PM
I found some Skunk 2 Springs for $375 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
this was in a email i got.
Read about it on this site

http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=23

Skunk2 will do the job perfectly, i love skunk2 parts ! YAY for DynoDave Giving such great prices.

Sp3rMz
10-12-2004, 12:24 AM
NO dont get skunk. Skunk are poo :P. Get todas. I got toda cams and toda valve springs. I ran toda cams with stock vavle spring. DONT EVER DO THAT. Its a massive disater waiting to happen. Adrian will hook u up with a good price. I got a reasonable price from him. And quick on delivery too.