PDA

View Full Version : city!!

My-B18c
09-12-2004, 08:39 PM
honda city i herd they are a nice lil car 4 a P-plater lol does anyone have infomation about them those lil bunngers turbos!!

i_love_sx
14-12-2004, 11:15 PM
i have a city II turbo, jap import version.

its my run around car, USES little to no petrol, im talking $20 a week compared to $70-100 in the 180sx.

think they have the milage of 19.1km per litre. so $20 = 400km approx

its a quick car also, a bit faster than your VS/VT commy with exaust system/POD. for a little 4cylc 1.2 ltr its quite an effort.

i brought mine for $4,500. good little poket roket, and catches many cars off guard.

ECU-MAN
15-12-2004, 03:28 PM
there awsome cars :) very economical
they will almost run on the smell of an oily rag :)

fitme
22-12-2004, 08:42 AM
another version of city...www.hondacity4u.com

|N|
26-12-2004, 06:08 PM
i thought city is like an old model ...

ECU-MAN
26-12-2004, 08:13 PM
it is

|N|
26-12-2004, 08:16 PM
it is
but look at this... www.hondacity4u.com (http://www.hondacity4u.com/) ... looks like its a brand new model or something

ECU-MAN
26-12-2004, 09:30 PM
wow, maybee its a thiland thing, I wonder if they will ever release it here

bigdongers
30-12-2004, 01:00 PM
but look at this... www.hondacity4u.com (http://www.hondacity4u.com/) ... looks like its a brand new model or something
The new City is essential a sedan version of the Jazz.

I was just in Malaysia and they are everywhere. Interior is almost identical to the Jazz and some models even have the magic seats too!

I doubt they will bring it to Aus cause its too close to the Civic.

JDM.Power
05-02-2005, 12:16 AM
a city is not a bad car but its old!

|N|
05-02-2005, 03:02 PM
nsx is pretty old ... 89' its still an awsome car that everyone wants

zco
05-02-2005, 03:14 PM
why dont you look in google ? try search the specs out before asking. i would assume that its abit hard to find parts if you happen to have an accident..

JDM.Power
05-02-2005, 07:13 PM
indeed indeed zco..oh wells i guess you have to be careful if you have one!

Usual Suspect
07-02-2005, 09:18 PM
city's are the bomb and they go hard. my dad used to bring home this old shitty non turbo one from work and it flew. I really want a turbo II but in good nick they arre reare as balls, even rarer in wa.

aimre
20-02-2005, 01:16 PM
whats the power of one of these... on the inter net the give powes in PS... what the hell is PS?

ECU-MAN
20-02-2005, 03:07 PM
whats the power of one of these... on the inter net the give powes in PS... what the hell is PS?

Power Stroke

aznsiko
20-02-2005, 04:49 PM
yeah ive seen a couple of them city pro turbos around.. they look a bit out of date because they have a few too many corners.. but are suppost to be quick as they are so light...b

Usual Suspect
20-02-2005, 10:27 PM
they are like a kei car, but with doulbe the capacity engine.

Disciple
01-03-2005, 11:48 PM
u guys seen the nissan march? supercharged turbo motor. apparently with basic mods u can get it running 13's

SimonTURBO_II
20-03-2005, 11:38 PM
www.cityturbo.com

mine:- http://www.boostdriver.com/index.php?showtopic=10&st=0

panda[cRx]
21-03-2005, 07:39 AM
u guys seen the nissan march? supercharged turbo motor. apparently with basic mods u can get it running 13's

my gf has a march and its ghey:thumbdwn:

aimre
21-03-2005, 09:17 PM
is a city PRO T a turbo

thnx

Usual Suspect
21-03-2005, 09:26 PM
www.cityturbo.com (http://www.cityturbo.com)

mine:- http://www.boostdriver.com/index.php?showtopic=10&st=0

have to join up to see ur car.

About city Pro, it aint a turbo.

aimre
21-03-2005, 10:16 PM
damn, i found an abandoned one.... what do i do with uit?

Usual Suspect
22-03-2005, 07:50 PM
take it and fix it up and put a Turbo II motor in it.

Hawk
27-03-2005, 08:13 PM
City Turbo II is approx 80 kw (@ flywheel) all alloy, 15 psi standard, and a whole lot of fun.

Most Honda wreckers have a few floating around in their yards so motors are not that difficult to come by. The engine itself practically bolts directly into an eb1 (1973-1976) civic. The civics weigh 100kg (approx) less than the citys.

Civic/City monster ---> http://www.boostcruising.com/readersrides/entry/6/3939.html

FastAz

^^v
27-03-2005, 10:38 PM
hmm mum used to have a City... none turbo ofcouse..

29-03-2005, 07:08 AM
I had a 86 City and the motor went so i chucked in a spare D16A8 in it with the Civic D15B twin carby's, thing hauled.. had to upgrade the brakes to the CRX also. had alot of fun suprising alot of people a the lights :D

Usual Suspect
29-03-2005, 01:05 PM
I had a 86 City and the motor went so i chucked in a spare D16A8 in it with the Civic D15B twin carby's, thing hauled.. had to upgrade the brakes to the CRX also. had alot of fun suprising alot of people a the lights :D

how did it compare to a city turbo II?

i been tihnking about getting 1st gen civic and dropping the TII engine in as a side project...very very tempting.

cusco echo
29-03-2005, 11:06 PM
City Turbo II is approx 80 kw (@ flywheel) all alloy, 15 psi standard, and a whole lot of fun.

Most Honda wreckers have a few floating around in their yards so motors are not that difficult to come by. The engine itself practically bolts directly into an eb1 (1973-1976) civic. The civics weigh 100kg (approx) less than the citys.

Civic/City monster ---> http://www.boostcruising.com/readersrides/entry/6/3939.html

FastAz

where abouts can u find some city parts in brisbane?

30-03-2005, 07:11 AM
there is no comparison, the twin cam performs much much better than the little turbo motor.. it was a top little conversion.

CRXONE
14-05-2005, 11:45 AM
It's all about power to weight. Honda's rule.

panda[cRx]
14-05-2005, 12:23 PM

:eek: thats EXACTLY what my friend wants to do with my spare engine lol (except didnt think of carby conv)

STTICH
14-05-2005, 12:36 PM
anyone like to post up some pics of the 80s city s..? :)

always thinking of getting one, non turbo of course..just to run around. how much to they cost nowadays?

JDM.Power
14-05-2005, 12:50 PM
search on google!

here are some pics:
http://www.honda-oz.org.au/pics/nm14.jpg
http://world.honda.com/history/challenge/1981city/img/pho_01.jpg

PAPZ
04-08-2005, 02:11 PM
i got a 84 model paid around 2k to get the midget on the road, little runaround but so much fun, i want to put an ek1 motor in for a laugh lol what do u reckon?

STTICH
06-08-2005, 02:35 PM
tat seems like a fair price PAPZ ..how many ks has it done ? :)

City Turbo
21-08-2005, 11:59 PM
Hey guys, I have a city turbo (T1). Theres some pics and info on it on cardomain.com somewhere. Ive lost the link and cant find it. Anyway, got a bigger turbo, BIG FMIC, bumped compression, VL turbo fuel pump, custom manifolds. Few things like that. Broke down on me a while ago and couldnt work out what was wrong so its just sittin in the drive. Im driving my VL Calais so i cant be bothered spendin any more cash on it atm. A mate was meant to buy it but dunno what hes doing.

Um Im pretty sure citys came with 12psi standard not 15. Heres some info..

In standard form, the Honda City Turbo is a car that can hold it's own against most of the eras four cylinder 'performance cars'. From the factory, the Turbo II was able to sprint across the 400m (¼ mile) mark in a respectable 16.2 seconds.

Timing

Due to Honda's CVCC system, the City turbo is able to run substantial amounts of ignition advance for a turbo car without problems with detonation. Because of this, it is not uncommon for the ignition timing to be severely retarded by a mechanic, causing poor performance and general engine running. Your timing should be static at 28 +/- 2 degrees BTDC.

If you get any sign of detonation, pull off one of the vacuum advance hoses from the distributor and suck on it. If you can suck air through it then the diaphragm inside has perished and will need replacing.

Boost

With the breathing modifications out of the way, the next modification is to raise the boost level. In standard form, the City Turbo should be running around 10-12psi. With the breathing modifications completed you could be running 13-14psi and possibly hitting the standard fuel cut out of the computer. To avoid this, you are going to have to install a boost cut lifter. With the boost cut out of the way, you are going to have to install some kind of boost controller. There are many different types on the market, either electronic or pneumatic but they all achieve the same result. Again, we may have a dual stage boost controller kit available soon, designed especially for the City Turbo.

With the standard fuel system, you should be able to safely run 1bar (~15psi) boost with a limit of 17psi at which point fuel lean out will occur. To be safe, I recommend sticking at a 15psi limit, enough to run a 14 second quarter mile.

Vac Advance
The Vacuum Advance on City Turbos has been known to cause issues with hunting. A quick search through the forum will show up a few threads related to the vac advance. Fader and I had ours reconditioned by the following company:

Advance Diaphragm Options
Ph 07 5428 0808
Unit 3, 17 Learjet Drive, Caboolture QLD (near brisbane (Australia, der!))
PO Box 1003 Caboolture 4510

Cost $53 inc. postage and gst. (may differ depending on condition of vac advance and postage)

They were very helpfull and had it fixed the day after it arrived. We sent ours in the mail and had it returned with next day delivery.

History

Taken from the Instruction manual for the Taymia model 1/24 Sports Car Series No.30, Item 24030, 1982.

During the early 1980's many new Japanese cars have been released, with the emphasis on front engine/front drive type of vehicle.

The Release of the Honda City in the fall of 1981 caught the other manufacturers by surprise and the publics acceptance of this new vehicle made its release even more dramatic.

The tall boy look came at just the right time for the Japanese market, as it was a small, compact car with a very roomy interior and comfortable accessories.

On 20 September 1982, the Honda City Turbo made its debut and was immediately accepted by the Japanese consumer.

The already powerful engine of 67 hp was increased to 100 hp with the added turbocharging. Changes were made to the 1200 cc engine by using an aluminum/titanium head and a magnesium vavle cover to keep the weight down.

The Turbo unit married to this engine is smaller than those used bythe larger cubic engines and it has a higher RPM rating. Developed by a joint Ishikawajima Heavy Industry and Honda venture, this unit, coupled with the orginal Honda PGM-F1 fuel injection system has made this power package one of the most effecient and trouble free units in existance.

An 8 bit digital computer is utilized in the fuel injection system for proper amount and timing of fuel, for good economy with maximum power. This combination has greatly reduced the amount of acceleration lag time normally associated with Turboized systems.

The suspension system was also refined for the City Turbo. Front and rear 4 wheel independent uses the progressive rate type coil springs, and stabilizers are used at both front and rear. Tires are the 165/70HR12 radials and braking at the front is a ventilated disc system and semi metallic shoes at the rear.

The body styling has been made more sporty by the addition of the air dam in front and a small spoiler at the top/rear of the car. A bulge on the engine hood was necessary for the turbocharging installation and quickly identifies this as the Turbo version of the City.

A non symmetrical grill of a honeycomb pattern and the twin fog lamps make the styling very much like the rally cars in Europe such as the Renault 5 Alpine and the Fiat Ritmo Abalth.

The inernal appointments of this sporty car have been done with taste and for increased driver comfort. The speedometer is of the digital type and boost pressure is read on a graphic meter.

Bucket seats are form fitting, and a sonic seat also responds to the high quality audio system by a transducer sending the tremors to the listener via the seat.

City Specs

All of the following content is taken from a Japanese web site which
was translated with Altavista so it is a little rough.

City of 1.2 liter 100 horsepower hyper turbo loading.
The PGM-FI (the Programed Fuel Injection) coupled with, the response to be good with high output, furthermore it is low the hyper turbo of fuel economy.
From directly is you make music to the seat hear, as the vibration the body sonic seat for the first time in the world adoption.

* Exterior
- Large-sized elastic bumper (large-sized skirt one formation)
- Bumper stripe
- Yes falling down type front grille
- Side protector (letter entering wide)
- FMG glueing window (front, rear quarter)
- Part tempered glass window (front)
- Rear quarter * looper (black)
- Ria tone guard (private large size)
- Front grille
- (Honeycomb * asymmetric type)
* Interior
- Steering wheel
- Small diameter super it is thick grip * 3 the spoke
- Seat
????? * bucket seat
Combination full tricot seat epidermis
- 2 step full trays & instrument panels (private design)
- ??????
- Cool pocket (at the time of air conditioner equipped car cooling) * wide tray
- ????????? * vehicle inspection proof pocket *
- Assistant pocket * center pocket
- Mini- pocket * ??????????
- Door pocket (2) * rear side pocket (2)
- Seat side pocket (2)
* Seat under pocket * spare tire bucket
- Center console
- Formation door lining (combination material)
- Change lever knob (software * private design)
- Foot rest
- Floor carpet (needle punch)
- ???????????? (needle punch)
- ??????????
- ????????
* Instrument panel
- Digital speedometer
- Graphic * turbo meter
- Tachometer
- Meter * orange illumination
- Centralized control switch (lane changer, passing switch attaching)
- Heater control panel * orange illumination
- Cigar lighter
* Comfortable cruising equipment
- Ventilation system
- Bi- level heater
- Forced ventilation
- Rear handbill - ventilation
- Audio system
0 body sonic * system
* AM electronic tuner radio
* FM attaching cassette stereo
* 16 centimeter speaker (20W)
0 4 way smoked glass * sun roof
* Safe related equipment
- Alarm lamps
- Headlight * exhaust warm
- PGM-F1 unit * ????????? * charge * oil
- Seat belt
- (Before) 3 point systems (ELR attaching)
- (After) 2 point systems
- Side demister -
- Electric heat line entering * rear window defroster
- Rear wiper (washer attaching)
- Intermittent type front wiper
- Halogen headlight
- Front * accessory light/write
- Brake
- (Before) ventilated disk
- (After) leading trailing (PCV attaching)
- Brake booster
- Semi metal brake pad
* Suspension
- Progressive coil (private type)
- Front stabilizer * ?????????
* Wheel / tire
- Steel wheel (4 1/2-J private types)
* Aluminum wheel (4 1/2-J private types)
- Steel radial tire
Type City turbo
Car name * type HONDA * E-AA
Transmission 5 fast manuals
Size * weight Total length (m) 3.380
Full-width (m) 1.570
Total height (m) 1.470
Wheel base (m) 2.220
Tread (m) Front 1.370
The rear 1.370
Roadspace (m) 0.145
Vehicle weight (kg) () the inside sun roof specification car 690 (700)
Riding in a car fixed capacity (name) 5
Size inside passenger compartment (m) Length 1.615
Width 1.310
Height 1.175
Engine Engine type ER
Engine type CVCC water cooling serial 4 cylinder horizontal ranging OHC
(Unleaded gasoline use)
Combustion room type Secondary combustion room attaching wedge shape
Valve gear Cam shaft 3 valve belt driving over 1
Entire aerodynamic volume displacement (cm 3 ) 1,231
Inside diameter x distance (mm) 66.0×90.0
Compression ratio 7.5
Fuel feeder type Electronic fuel injection system (PGM-F1)
Fuel tank capacity (L) 41
Lubricating system Force system
Lube capacity (L) 4
Ignition device type Point less * transistor system
Efficiency The highest output (PS/rpm) 100/5,500
Largest torque (kg-m/rpm) 15.0/3,000
Gradeability (tan) 0.58
Fuel consumption rate (km/L) 10 mode travelling
(Ministry of Transport examination value) 18.6
60km/h fixed area travelling
(Ministry of Transport notification value) 27.0
Minimum turning radius (m) 4.5 (Body 4.9)
Braking braking distance (m) time of initial velocity 50km/h 14.0
Transmission Clutch type Dry veneer diaphragm
Transmission operation system Floor change system
Speed change ratio 1st gear 2.916
2nd gear 1.764
3rd gear 1.181
4th gear 0.846
5 speed 0.655
Retreat 2.916
Deceleration ratio 4.066
Other things Leader type & Rack and pinion system
Tire 165/70 HR 12
Main brake
Type * type Front Hydraulic vacuum assistor attaching ventilated disk
The rear Hydraulic vacuum assistor attaching leading trailing (PCV attaching)
Suspension system Front ??????? * strut system independent suspension
The rear ??????? * strut system independent suspension (coil separated system)

CTR Coupe Edit: removed advertising

City Turbo
22-08-2005, 05:38 PM
heres the link for the cardomain.com site..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/301889

Spunkymonkey
09-10-2005, 09:52 PM
My sister's first car was a 1st gen civic with a T1 turbo motor in it....Went well enough, and yes used to suprise a lot of 6 cylinders in its time lol....

Also totally dis-assembled a honda city turbo about 2 years ago for parts, and had another one as a project, that unfortunately never got finished, and we ended up selling the car and extra motor and parts.

we also used to have a 1st gen convertible in the family with twin carby engine in it...it actually drove much better than the 1st gen with the T1 in it!

back about 20 years ago...my cousins and their friends....had about 20 or so 1st gen civics running around sydney...a few with the T1 swap.

cityturbo
22-10-2005, 02:09 AM
here are some pics of my t2
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/eliack/IMG_3308.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/eliack/IMG_3396.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/eliack/IMG_3400.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/eliack/IMG_3402.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/eliack/IMG_3397.jpg

lazymofo
22-10-2005, 02:48 AM
ollld school ..i love it!

intacivic16v
03-11-2005, 03:16 PM
any idea what types of engines you can fix into the little city, any idea if a b16a would fit in or a d16a twin cam??? hehe good power to weight

cityturbo
03-11-2005, 06:22 PM
i think b16a is almost impossible to put in city's bay. there is not much room. i know someone put in d16y with 80's crx gear box.

Usual Suspect
03-11-2005, 08:39 PM
i want one so badly now. i still wanna do a 72 civic T2 conversion.

BOV
03-11-2005, 08:48 PM
you cant squez any engine into the engine bay, it's so SMALL!!!!

if you want the power, get the turbo charged and do a swap, they only cost around 800 for a reasonable one.

get a boost controller, with pod and full 2.5' exhaust, plus a supra intercooler, on 10psi you can get arund 90hp on wheel, but you need an additional injector. no cam oe internal touched.

but a cultch upgraded is need soon, and it must be a heavy duty. plus some 14' rim and good tyers.