PDA

View Full Version : Hoping to buy a new Accord Euro very soon!

will2k
14-03-2010, 01:30 AM
I currently drive a 2007 SV6 Commodore and am trying to sell it privately as dealers are only giving me 25k for trade in but once sold im going to get a 2010 Accord Euro in cobalt blue and mostly likely manual.

I just have a few questions in regards to mods. I've searched through probably 50+ pages on this forum and got some answers but have some more.

Im going to get 18" rims with 235/40 rubber on them and will want to lower it a good inch. I live in Sydney and just wondering where you guys got your springs and install from and how much? Im thinking Eibach pro kit as they seem the most popular here and closest ride quality to stock. Anyone installed king springs and how was the ride height and ride? H&R also seem popular here.

Also anyone know a good tint place in Sydney? I'd probably go around 25% ( i believe 35% is the legal limit? ) and how much they roughly charge? Im guessing $300 give or take.

With regards to CAI i think i will go with the Injen as it can also be used as a SRI and seems like a popular choice here.

6000k HID low beams will also be high on my list as well as changing all the stock interior bulbs from the crappy yellow to led pure white bulbs, including parkers and rear number plates.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

buddah51au
14-03-2010, 07:58 AM
If your going to 18" rims 235/45 is the correct size.

tony1234
14-03-2010, 09:04 AM
I currently drive a 2007 SV6 Commodore and am trying to sell it privately as dealers are only giving me 25k for trade in but once sold im going to get a 2010 Accord Euro in cobalt blue and mostly likely manual.

I just have a few questions in regards to mods. I've searched through probably 50+ pages on this forum and got some answers but have some more.

Im going to get 18" rims with 235/40 rubber on them and will want to lower it a good inch. I live in Sydney and just wondering where you guys got your springs and install from and how much? Im thinking Eibach pro kit as they seem the most popular here and closest ride quality to stock. Anyone installed king springs and how was the ride height and ride? H&R also seem popular here.

Also anyone know a good tint place in Sydney? I'd probably go around 25% ( i believe 35% is the legal limit? ) and how much they roughly charge? Im guessing $300 give or take.

With regards to CAI i think i will go with the Injen as it can also be used as a SRI and seems like a popular choice here.

6000k HID low beams will also be high on my list as well as changing all the stock interior bulbs from the crappy yellow to led pure white bulbs, including parkers and rear number plates.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.
For lowering your car i'd go Eibach springs. $516 plus install(approx.$150)Get them here.http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118900
For tint go here.$250.http://www.reflecteffect.com.au/services.php?serv=tinting
IMO don't install a CAI.you'll lose some power/torque down low and gain a bit in the upper rev range.
For HID and globes go here.http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125197

will2k
14-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Thankyou very much for all those links!

Was actually going to get the platinum visuals anyway because before the euro i was thinking of getting the new mazda 3 and noticed on mazda forums some guys have them and say the quality is great for the price :thumbsup: What bulbs do the low beams use on the CU2?

I heard with intake kits if you go the short ram intake route you gain more low end? Is that true? I just want to add a little bit of noise.

Im going to test drive the auto and manual in a few hrs.

With rims would it be better going for a 45 profile tyre to keep the rolling diameter the same as suggested by Buddah? Because when i enquired about price they told me they would put them on a 40 profile tyre but i suppose you could tell them to put em on a 45. Would make more sense to keep it the same since i will be lowering it too, i dont want it too low.

It's pretty funny that originally i went past Mitsubishi to look at the lancer, was told with 18" rims and bodykit auto drive away $38,500 lol wtf? Then i was considering Mazda 3 MP25 auto $34,500 drive away but stumbed across the euro for the same price as the mazda! Fair enough i'd have to get manual to be the same price but you cant compare the 2. Is everyone happy with their CU2?

aaronng
14-03-2010, 10:07 AM
While 1" lowering should be ok on the stock shocks, but if you can extend your budget to include matching shocks, that would be ideal as you won't compromise on your handling and ride comfort much.

will2k
14-03-2010, 07:30 PM
How much would shocks cost do you think? Makes sense to do it all in one go.

aaronng
14-03-2010, 07:55 PM
How much would shocks cost do you think? Makes sense to do it all in one go.

Good shocks are not cheap. Bilsteins can be more than $1000.

will2k
14-03-2010, 08:03 PM
I'll get the rims first and then a few weeks later i'll decide what to do with the suspension. I dont know what rims to get either i was thinking some bronze 18's with polished lip would go with the chrome door handles i suppose and bronze rims on a blue car should go. I'll try do some photoshops. Found some new rims! OZ Ultraleggera. Nice and thin 12 spoke which go all the way to the rubber to make them look even bigger which is what i want since im only getting 18x8.

Im leaning towards getting the manual over the auto. They didnt have a manual today for me to test drive so on Tuesday im going back when they have one.

What do you guys say? manual or auto and why?
I had to convince my girlfriend about the manual but shes coming around lol She hated my R33 Skyline.
There is no effort or fun in driving an auto and i hardly ever find myself stuck in bad bumper to bumper traffic plus you never know i may want to put an exhaust on later and manual would be much better.

VIDSEURO
14-03-2010, 09:15 PM
What do you guys say? manual or auto and why?
=======================================

Hi

I have the manual with the sports gear stick, its pricey
but worth it as it complements the interior as opposed to the short
skinny standard stick.

Look its a very personal thing as to manual or auto, if you were an older gent
no doubt you would go auto, since youre a younger bloke and love messhin
gears its the way to go... :cool:
Myy car has done 16K and and i enjoy driving it very much.
Best of luck with your purchase and make sure you drive a hard bargain
and be prepared to say to them you will think about it :angel:
as you should not rush such a big purchase...

will2k
14-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Thaks for the tip :D

Yeah i think at this stage i would prefer the manual.
Man do i regret paying 44k for my SV6 lol they depreciate like a bitch. I could have gotten an Accord Euro easily back then. It's auto but with my custom rear mufflers ( not very loud but wayyy better than stock ) i cant help but drive it in semi auto mode lol

Reason im selling the SV6 is to save some money so that's why im getting the accord euro. $34,500 drive away no more to pay is great value for money, not to mention insurance is about $300+ less per year and i'll probably save a good $15 every time i fill it up :thumbsup: What fuel economy do you guys get with the new Euros? Even 11L per 100km is a good 3L per 100 better than my current car....

Im just waiting to sell the SV6 privately as i still owe 24 grand on it so if i can get 28k for it and put 4k in my pocket i will be very happy. The mods i want to do will cost close to 3 grand so there is my mod money and then i will be content.

All in all i will have a brand new car, be saving a solid $50 per week and have a car that wont depreciate as much as the commodore.

HunterZero
15-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Economy you can expect to get low 9's around the city depending on traffic and how you drive it, anywhere up to 11 if you drive enthusiastically or in traffic a lot. Highway, expect low 7's. I've seen people get under 7, but that's using hypermiling, and drafting trucks.

I have a CL9 manual, and I typically get 9.2L/100 around the city (creeps up to around 9.6 in moderate traffic), and have had it down to 7L/100 on the highway on a trip to Canberra and back. All comes down to how you drive it - if you're heavy on the right foot, it can easily jump up to 11L/100.

You'll immediately appreciate the higher quality of the interior in the Euro, it's far ahead of any Commodore interior. No more nasty asymmetrical gaps between door trim and dash, for example. I drove a Statesman for a while, and the interior was... Well, poor.

As you've found out, all Falcons and Commodores depreciate like a stone, it's the nastiest part of owning one of those cars.

- HZ

VIDSEURO
15-03-2010, 02:56 PM
My work has a SIDI Berlina auto, ive driven it few times.
The interior dash and fascia layout is just disgusting.

To many buttons and bloody dangerous to fiddle with the stereo
at speed.. Then you jump in the euro and everyhting comes together
nicely, well its not perfect, however its way ahead of dunnydoors
and some fords...
After driving the euro im not going back to holden or ford ever :cool:

I love the exhaust note of the euro, kind of raspy and sports like..:thumbsup:
:honda:
Although the CU2 has not been without its issues it's a car that has presence
poise and character, sort of like a very pretty lady with a nice bust who loves saying hello to you :eek:;)

will2k
16-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Sorry for the double post but i test drove the manual today and as Borat would say " Very Nice :thumbsup: "

Havn't driven a manual for almost 3 years since my R33 Skyline and straight away i felt like home. Clutch was soft, gear changes were smooth and it seemed very easy to get moving with minimal clutch and throttle i was surprised. As far as manuals go it is one of the easiest i've driven.

Im trying to weigh up the pros of manual and auto for example

Auto ( pros )

Easier and more effortless to drive
Easier to sell in the future ( but that wouldnt be for a long time so it's not an issue )
My girlfriend doesn't really like manual that much so she would be happier with auto

Manual ( pros )

$2200 cheaper
A more involved driving experience and much more sportier
My girlfriend has an automatic Astra so if she doesnt like mine we can take her car lol I could teach her to drive manual anyway
CAI would sound better on a manual, as would an exhaust if i ever decide to consider that in the future.
I average 9000km a yr and do very little bumper to bumper driving so a manual shouldn't get annoying

will2k
19-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Im not sure what rims i prefer. Below are some samples i made. I hope "nickxau" doesn't mind me using a pic of his car as my experiment ;)

The car was lowered a little bit and since i want blue too i thought id photoshop some rims quickly on there to see what they look like.
I will be doing some more this weekend to get a really good idea of which rims suit it best. I will mostly likely be getting 18"s but some of these are fairly cheap in 19's ( xpression shadow and roullete are within price range for 19's ) also so they are a possibility. The way ive photoshopped them they look more like 19 or even 20s perhaps but yeah i'd most likely get 18's.

Was thinking 18" Enkei GTC01, OZ Superleggera or Advanti ADR10 ultra lightweights but found out they are between $2280 and $2400 with rubber. I dunno if i would want to spend more than $1800.

:arrowd: Roulette something or other lol :arrowd:

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/700/18inchroulettesmall.jpg

:arrowd: Advanti Europa :arrowd:

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9913/advantieuropasmall.jpg

:arrowd: Konig Zero In :arrowd:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/977/konigzeroinsmall.jpg

:arrowd: Xpression Shadow :arrowd:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8933/xpressionshadow1199smal.jpg

buddah51au
20-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Be careful if you go 19's as according to my local Bob Jane dealer there are no 245/35x19 available with a 98 load rating. Technically, if you use tyres with a lower load rating you will be running illegal, although not dangerous. This could cause problems if your ever unfortunate enough to make an insurance claim.

I know some members even go to the extent of changing the tyre placard, but this will not fool a knowledgeable insurance assessor.

Hopefully tyre availability will change in the future.

will2k
20-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Most likely i will go 18's as there are a lot more options within my budget.
18's with some eibachs will look good for sure whilst being practicle.

will2k
26-03-2010, 05:53 PM
What do you guys think of these rims? I only want to go 18"s and it's hard finding something i like for under 2 grand. They are either the wrong size, colour or too expensive.

These look like they would clear the front calipers wouldn't they? Also with the spokes going all the way to the edge they won't look too small especially when it gets dropped on eibachs.

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/content/products/bg_warwic_banner.jpg

I suppose they will look similar to this below. Below are 12 spokes and the pic above are 14 spokes but rather similar

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4650/12spoke.jpg

J-MAN
26-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Awesome!

Wishing I had cash to spend on a nice set of wheels too! but right now i'll have to stick with stock (as a rock)

denot
29-03-2010, 11:17 AM
If you're looking to buy a chinese brand from the likes of tempe tyres/beaurepairs/bob jane, better save more money and get a genuine Japanese one...

will2k
29-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Arent Lenso a decent brand? They are reasonably priced.
What about Advanti or Oz racing?

These Enkei i liked were about $2200 with tyres.