PDA

View Full Version : Battery keeps dying

2MPRSS
15-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Hey people i need some help figuring out why my battery keeps dying, i tried to start the car yesterday it was dead, so i jump started it drove it around for 20 minutes till my revs on idle were normal then i tried to start it up again today but its dead again, i recently got my ballast/igniter for the HID changed on the s2000 im thinking there could be a wire eating up the battery the way the auto electriatian wired it up, it was ok for 2 weeks with small happy laps in my street coz i got no license (8 days left) i have a nrma battery in their looks preety new i dont wana just go and buy a expensive battery and it just eats that one up to :) any help would take some load off my shoulders cheers :thumbsup:

tinkerbell
15-03-2010, 11:40 AM
i have a nrma battery in their looks preety new

don't mean anything.

take it back to the auto electrician and ask for a battery health check, if it is OK, then pin him to fix whatever he fcuked when he did the re-wiring...

2MPRSS
15-03-2010, 11:48 AM
so your saying he must of wired something bad? another thing when i turn the reds on i always hear something charging up sounds like the ballast even when the lights arnt on

tinkerbell
15-03-2010, 11:51 AM
no, i am saying you need to check teh battery!

BUT, i am also saying if the battery checks out, then your autoelectrican *might* have done bad wiring... and this is something that a 'forum' cant help you with...

the additional info you just provided also makes me think there is a wiring issue...

2MPRSS
15-03-2010, 11:57 AM
yeh i am going to go back to the guy to check it i was just wondering if anyone had the same problem like mine, thanks for your help tinkerbell if you got anything else to say im all ears, you change one thing on a car and sumthing else just stuffs up its preety annoying

tinkerbell
15-03-2010, 12:00 PM
nah man, first thing to find out is whether the battery is healthy.

if it checks out OK, then start looking at other issues, liek recent wiring changes...

usually a problem might show up as blown fuses - any of this occur?

2MPRSS
15-03-2010, 12:05 PM
havent checked the fuses on the car no but when i picked it up 2 weeks ago the rear blinker was blown but got it replaced, could something have been wired wrong to blow the bulb and blow a fuse? il just go check the fuses now

tinkerbell
15-03-2010, 12:11 PM
nah, indicators would be a separate circuit ;)

2MPRSS
15-03-2010, 12:21 PM
wel i checked a few fuses on the drivers side and not any in the engine bay, random ones coz i dont know what to look for... i think i should just wait man :( far out

tOniies
15-03-2010, 01:42 PM
check the alternator :)

2MPRSS
15-03-2010, 01:52 PM
i called auto electritian i couldnt wait to go to one il post up wat was wrong with it soon

Limbo
15-03-2010, 03:23 PM
sounds like a dead battery

2MPRSS
15-03-2010, 04:07 PM
yeh he came and said its the battery, his reason was he cant find a leak os its the battery, weird it hapend when i changed my ballast i was sure it had to do with wiring

Limbo
15-03-2010, 04:49 PM
nah usually if the battery charges, but does not hold charge its the battery.
If it does not charge at all, could be alternator or battery.

2MPRSS
15-03-2010, 04:52 PM
yeh it charges but doesnt hold it like u said, he said its battery hopefuly it is lol

Limbo
15-03-2010, 05:22 PM
sometimes if you refill the water in the battery you can bring it back.
It happened to me once, but if its been too long it kills the battery.

Mekong spares has good cheap batteries.
No maintence 3yr replacement warranty - Charger brand, very good CCA, about $100

2MPRSS
16-03-2010, 01:58 PM
yeh i got a brand called supercharged 3 year warranty preety good aparently $130 discounted, things are working well at the moment hehe

aznalex
19-03-2010, 12:25 AM
i had a similar problem with an old car i had (95 eunos 30x) started perfectly every single keyturn untill..
i accidentally left headlights on, car wouldnt start so jump started it,
next day - refilled batt with distilled water, lasted another 2 weeks, then went weak again.
was definately the battery cause i replaced the alternator few months back.

anyway
let us know how your new battery goes after a while.
interested to see if your wiring could have gone wrong due to improper installation from 3rd party installer.

tuanEH?
19-03-2010, 12:22 PM
I've had a similar problem like this before, i did the same thing and replaced the battery with a brand new supercharged battery not knowing that it was my alternator that was dead, so i suggest you check your alternator just incase. Seeing as my alternator wasn't recharging my battery as i was driving, you could all see what would happen; it just died out a like a month later and the battery was never the same again. Costly mistake.