PDA

View Full Version : Some issue with my CD accord

big_kev
15-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Hi guys

I just brought a accord VTIS a few days ago. At first,the car is fine. But today while i was driving the D4 lights start to flash,then the light below SRS turns on(yellow) and the speed meter stop working. So i turn into a small street and swith off the car,wait 5 mins and start again. The car is back to normal apart from the speed meter still doesnt work. But after 15 mins the D4 start flashing again and maybe 5 mins later the yellow logo comes back on again. I dont feel the car is any different when they are on but im just worry may be something wrong with the car. Does anyone know why its happening?? Should i bring it to a honda services center?? Or its just need to reset the computer?? Thanks in advance..

big_kev
21-03-2010, 09:05 PM
it turns out because the speedo is not working,thats why the D4 is flashing and also the engine light is on..the computer thinks the car is not moving but somehow the wheels are rolling..all i need is just to fix the speedo sensor..hope this will help someone in the future...

FAT VTI
25-03-2010, 08:07 PM
it turns out because the speedo is not working,thats why the D4 is flashing and also the engine light is on..the computer thinks the car is not moving but somehow the wheels are rolling..all i need is just to fix the speedo sensor..hope this will help someone in the future...

very common problem with cd5.

"vechile speed spensor".

replace this and then observe whether the problem persists.

the d4 light isn't a big deal, they tend not to work on alot of cd5's past 150xxxkm's, but the engine light is a bit of a worry. Don't know if thats due to vechile speed sensor, but fix it first and then observe.