PDA

View Full Version : Water in spark plugs, sort of.

DC2-PWR
15-03-2010, 08:19 PM
My mate and I was cleaning his car engine, and accidently we use the hose and sprayed it over the head around the spark plug area.

Now we didn't know the water would go through, because we assumed that the rubber leads will not let water in.

The car sounds like a WRX atm, and only number 2 and 3 spark plugs just have little bit of moist in it.

I've searched and searched but the information on the net sounds risky so I will ask this question myself,

One website said,

take the spark plugs out, crank the car over ( it won't start obviously ) and let the compression of the cylinder blow the water out

just don't stand too close because it fires out

Is this safe to do so?

What other methods can we use?

p.s It's a 95 Integra Vti-r b18c2.

Thanks...

beeza
15-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Just take the plugs out and dry the spark plug cylinders holes,plugs and leads up with a rag.Leave the plugs out and let it dry completely.

It will be fine after U do this,I have done this a couple of times now haha

DLO01
15-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Your gonna wanna make sure you got no water in the cylinders when you put the plugs back and start up, otherwise your gonna bend a rod.

Leave the plugs in, don't take them out. Soak up water with a rags and you'll be fine.

beeza
15-03-2010, 08:49 PM
I understand,best to leave them in.

Cheers Deano!

DC2-PWR
15-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks Deano and beeza, yeah we thought of that leaving the spark plugs in there too.

We hooked up the air compressor and sprayed the air in the spark plug area, all the moisture came off, then used a cotton bud with abit of WD40 and wiped the inside so it doesn't get rusted or anything.

Car runs like perfect now, thanks beeza and Dean.

Cheers,

DLO01
15-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Or use a compressor, lol. Didn't realise you had one. :thumbsup:

beeza
15-03-2010, 09:03 PM
WOW! U got an air compressor,Sa-weet! That's exactly the tool for the job!

The 1st time it happened I didn't know what was going on,went to my mechanic and he let me use the air compressor.Too easy :)

Limbo
15-03-2010, 09:39 PM
u can also buy air in a can, which is what i use last time :)

beeza
16-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Oh cool!

Frankie
16-03-2010, 03:39 PM
WOW! U got an air compressor,Sa-weet! That's exactly the tool for the job!

The 1st time it happened I didn't know what was going on,went to my mechanic and he let me use the air compressor.Too easy :)

lol air comp are not that expense beeza lol

beeza
16-03-2010, 03:41 PM
And not the sort of thing one owns.

Most things are cheap as chips these days anyways yo!