PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Whale Dik intake repair

tseesinngwailo
16-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Hey All,

I have a carbon fiber whale intake on my DC2R, and ever since I got the car at Christmas, there has been a whistle under accelleration.

When I removed the intake the other day to replace my rear engine mount, I had a closer look at the intake, and there is a small crack, and no there is a hole that allows air to bypass the whole intake and entre the trottlebody mouth..

I was going to fill it up with some resin like Araldite, but seeing as the whole thing is carbon fiber, should I be using carbon fiber resin to fix it? it is in a spot where it won't be visual anyway.

The rubber on the air breather intake from the valve cover is stuffed too, so I also need to know where to pick up a replacement.

Cheers

Chris

androo
16-03-2010, 11:13 AM
You can just fill it up with some resin like Araldite - If you can't see it it'll be sweet!

Are you talking about those rubber hose things? Cause I need one as well!

Anyway good luck with it all!

tseesinngwailo
16-03-2010, 11:15 AM
You can just fill it up with some resin like Araldite - If you can't see it it'll be sweet!

Are you talking about those rubber hose things? Cause I need one as well!

Anyway good luck with it all!

Yeah, the rubber hose barb bit.

I was just worried Araldite may no sick/or eat the carbon fiber resin

Not sure how easy it is to get a carbon fiber repair kit from anywhere.

Cheers

Chris

androo
16-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Yeh a mate of mine just filled his up with some resin. I can't remember what brand though. He did it a bit dodgy so it looked ugly but it did the job. Since you can't see yours it should be fine! Also, the whistle sound is normal for the DC2Rs. Alot of people on here like it.