PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Jazz: total engine cut-off while driving

ejikn
17-03-2010, 05:51 AM
Hi Honda expert....

Sorry if I am posting on a wrong section. I am not sure if I have to post this in Technical section or Model Specific Jazz section.

I have 2005 Jazz, Manual, GLi

The problem started last year, but used to happen only once a month.
Now, the problem is getting worse, happen 2 or 3 times a day.

The car is running normally, but the engine keep cutting off (feels like as if I turn the key to off position for about 1 second). So the car still running and keep running all the time. The problem mostly happen when the cars is going uphill and normally on the second gear (very rarely happen on first and third gear).

Have anyone experience the same problem?

Thanks.

SlobberGoat
17-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Being a new car I'd recommend you talk to the servicing dept at your local honda dealer.

fundies
17-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Sounds electrical, possibly linked to the ecu.

OMG.JAI xD
17-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Sounds like an ignition switch problem.

Older hondas were notorious for em.

aznalex
20-03-2010, 10:19 PM
1] check the health of your battery, maybe its weak?

2] also try going up the hill with your stereo + a/c turned off.
see if those contribute to engine shutting down..

3] also check your leads and see if they are actually sparking,
maybe u got a sparkplug thats burned out. or possibly a screwed up lead.

i think its number 3] sparkplug. since your going up a hill, the engine is obviously struggling (being a low performance engine).
with low power in mind, the engine needs to work harder on hills than other cars and if a sparkplug is blown, the engines performance decreases significantly.
This means, while your car normally struggles to go up hills, it also has to deal with a performance decrease, and cant take it so shuts down.

its fine if your just driving on a normal straight road cos your engine doesnt need to work hard. but as soon as u put load on it and demand some performance on it, it wont respond due to a blown sparkplug.

i had a V6 with 3 blown spark plugs, driving around for a week wondering whats wrong lol.
performance was significantly decreased and i had to floor it up hills cos only half of my sparkplugs were giving off spark.

ejikn
09-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Hi again all,
thanks for the advice.
I think aznalex is spot on..... it was the sparkplugs, replaced all of them and the car is running like new.