PDA

View Full Version : eg with b18c2 vs integra vtir

YLDCRD
18-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Now lets not be biased here.
My question of the day is, Is a b18c2 really that much quicker in the eg than the vtir??

Ive got cash ready and i cant be assed going down the route of an engine conversion if its not that much quicker. Both will be reasonably stock with minor mods.

Ive had an eg, feels light, has a good circle turning, but the interior is absolute poo. Ive never had an integra, but their interior is ten times better and has the electrics and sunroof.

geeang
18-03-2010, 10:39 AM
SEARCH

EG will be a bit faster because it's lighter, but really it comes down to the driver.

YLDCRD
18-03-2010, 11:23 AM
SEARCH

EG will be a bit faster because it's lighter, but really it comes down to the driver.

Obvious answers. well done.
Anyone whos had eg or driven both with experience?

acurabot
18-03-2010, 11:35 AM
SEARCH

agreed. power to weight ratio, eg will be quicker but its up to you if you're willing to sacrifice extra options for a quicker car. but ive heard of near stock vtir's beating near stock eg's with b18c's in them too so it comes down to the driver like geeang said.

koevi
18-03-2010, 11:35 AM
i've raced an EG with a B18C7 in my vti-r and i got OWNED lol

thaizeg
18-03-2010, 11:39 AM
-.-
The reply geeang gave pretty much explains it.
How much quicker is THAT much?
It's not that much quicker if u prefer the looks of the integra get the integra.
To me doesn't matter how quick a car is, if I don't like the looks of interior/exterior I won't enjoy driving it as much

androo
18-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Honestly I'd say get the Integra. It's better in every other way except weight. I owed an EG before I got my VTi-R. It was a huge improvement. Even just having a cup holder and arm rest standard is a big thing!

It's much more refined as well.

With the EG it'll be a bit faster but sit two friends in your car and it's the same weight as the Integra.

Also, keep in mind that the Integra was built to cope with the power, you'll be messing around with your Civic to get it perfect.

That's just my 2c

YLDCRD
18-03-2010, 12:02 PM
-.-
The reply geeang gave pretty much explains it.
How much quicker is THAT much?
It's not that much quicker if u prefer the looks of the integra get the integra.
To me doesn't matter how quick a car is, if I don't like the looks of interior/exterior I won't enjoy driving it as much

Very good point. Ill save my hassles and probably lean towards a stock vtir. At least it gives more motivation to chuck in a k20 later on LOL.

mnc
19-03-2010, 02:02 AM
Don't forget about mods and the overall condition of the engine itself.

MM89
19-03-2010, 07:04 AM
i own a jdm equivalent b18c myself; 135kw at the fly, compared to 125kw of c2.
it is in an EG with minor mods. injen, buddy club spec2 with a muffler bolted on for street use, high flow cat.

pro's:
1) definitely quicker than a vtir, quicker than a dc2r too. I manage to stay neck and neck with a mate's aus spec dc5 tuned on kpro 135kw atw. i have managed to pull away from him on a good day and likewise for him.
2) can be had for pretty cheap.

con's:
1) NO LSD
2) No 4.7FD/type R gearbox
3) Revs to 8100, not 8500
4) Dual stage butterfly won't give you that distinct crossover unless you play around with intakes and exhausts.

AXS
19-03-2010, 08:06 AM
i own a jdm equivalent b18c myself; 135kw at the fly, compared to 125kw of c2.
it is in an EG with minor mods. injen, buddy club spec2 with a muffler bolted on for street use, high flow cat.

pro's:
1) definitely quicker than a vtir, quicker than a dc2r too. I manage to stay neck and neck with a mate's aus spec dc5 tuned on kpro 135kw atw. i have managed to pull away from him on a good day and likewise for him.
2) can be had for pretty cheap.

con's:
1) NO LSD
2) No 4.7FD/type R gearbox
3) Revs to 8100, not 8500
4) Dual stage butterfly won't give you that distinct crossover unless you play around with intakes and exhausts.

correct me if im wrong shouldnt u have lsd in a jdm b18c :s nd also shouldnt ur revs be going past 8gs mates got a eg with a type r motor the thing redlines at god knoes bec the numbers stop at 8

denrie
19-03-2010, 09:47 AM
I have a mate with a eg vti with b18c2,
-itr box
-4-1 rmf replica
-2 1/4 b pipe
-intake
I drove it down the creek on street tyres "nankang" bold tyres i manage to pull a 14.2 on my second run.

my friend also ran his own car down the track but hit 14.2 aswell.. so thatz something to think about hahaha!

damienm
19-03-2010, 09:53 AM
lighter cars tend to get off the line quicker... and yeh you shouldnt be posting about your street racing on these forums lol

vtecing
19-03-2010, 01:13 PM
ud be saving money by going with the integra, otherwise ull be spending money on the civic to make it up to the same standard as the integra, such as rear disks, interior and exterior modification, suspension etc.. the integra was designed by professionals for everything to work in harmony. do you think u could do as good job?

YLDCRD
19-03-2010, 09:41 PM
ud be saving money by going with the integra, otherwise ull be spending money on the civic to make it up to the same standard as the integra, such as rear disks, interior and exterior modification, suspension etc.. the integra was designed by professionals for everything to work in harmony. do you think u could do as good job?

Very very true. Integra = less headaches.