PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] The Infamous Euro R Grill Help Please.

euroRwannabe
18-03-2010, 10:25 PM
apologies admin if this thread has been started at an earlier time.

But i'm really desperate.
ok, I have a CL9 Euro with a stock standard Front Grill
(Silver Bar with Silver H Badge)

I'm wanting to do the same conversion as many have done on this site,
the EURO R Front Grill Conversion with a Red H Badge.

my doubts are:
1. I was going through the JDM YARD (Sydney) Catalog Thread (below)
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=927358&postcount=4

and i spotted the Entire Euro R Front Grill Kit (first item in that post)
however, it says ( pre face lift 02-05 model ), does this have anything to do with my 06 Accord Euro? Will it still fit on a CL9 like mine?

2. My second doubt would most definately be the estimated cost if i were to take the Grill to a Mechanic and have it installed for me, how much would it cost? I have no experience in Mechanics what so ever so i'd be hopeless in installing the Grill myself. Unless someone in Melbourne would like to offer to help install it for me and teach me while on the job so i can do it myself in future times haha.

HELP THIS NOOB PLEASE!
THANK YOU.
Simon the euroRwannabe.

aaronng
18-03-2010, 11:06 PM
No, if it is for the 03-05 model, it won't fit your 06

power_of_dreams
18-03-2010, 11:18 PM
don't waste your money getting someone else to install, it is a relatively easy job.

MrHeeltoe
19-03-2010, 04:18 AM
You'll need an 06-08 Specific grille.

nudal
19-03-2010, 06:07 AM
03-05 wont fit any of the 06+... In essence to the installation is quite easy, all u need to do is locate all the clip 4 the front bar so that it can removed. From there its self explantory.
Ill see if I can locate a youtube clip of this for you man.

sameol3
19-03-2010, 10:59 AM
No Unfortunately the grille will not fit as everyone explanied, the 03-05 grille is honey combed where the 06+ is more of a horizontal lined black messy thingy. Fitting is quite easy and its not rocket science, just get yourself a grille first and fiddle around with it. Should just slot in with clips supporting it bottom and top.

T.I.X
19-03-2010, 04:05 PM
apparently, I couldn't get rid of the stock grill from my car.. it's the 05 model and I find it quite hard to take it off the clips.. any wise advice ?

sameol3
19-03-2010, 07:52 PM
apparently, I couldn't get rid of the stock grill from my car.. it's the 05 model and I find it quite hard to take it off the clips.. any wise advice ?

The Clips have the centre circle, get a flat head and pop the middle and you should be able to then pry the outside circle....

jfaust
19-03-2010, 08:18 PM
i bought the euro grille for my 04 model and installed it myself. its really annoying to get that plastic screws inside the grille area. . took me like 30mins to remove all 4 !! but yeh JDM should have a grille for the 06' model though?

euroRwannabe
19-03-2010, 10:18 PM
hmm thanks guys.

if someone get find me a good trustworthy place such as JDM Yard that sells the 06 Grill then much appreciated.

Installation problem is solved, i got a friend who can install it for me.

Thanks for all the support and help guys.
Much Appreciated.
Simon.

power_of_dreams
20-03-2010, 12:19 AM

the bottom clips can be an issue, especially since some of the clip thingys can be stubborn and there is not alot of space.

if desperate, I guess you have to resort to removing front bar.

T.I.X
20-03-2010, 06:15 PM
the bottom clips can be an issue, especially since some of the clip thingys can be stubborn and there is not alot of space.

if desperate, I guess you have to resort to removing front bar.

yes...guess have to remove the front bar in order to complete the whole process easily...sigh* btw, thanks for ur advice

Darkii_
21-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Haha yep i've tried to install mine without taking it off and the clips were too stubborn and wouldn't budge.

Finally took the front bar off and found out it wasn't that hard and much easier to work with.

Best of luck with all your grill huntings/installing - I'm sure most the traders can get you an 06+ euro r grill if you ask them

tpphan
21-03-2010, 06:13 PM
http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/index.php?option=com_jdm&p=detail&vid=26&cid=321&Itemid=1

Just choose facelift model and state colour code.

Got mine a month ago. :) However only wanted the Silver Badge, same as Euro Sports here. You will need to contact Leo to arrange JDM badges.

euroRwannabe
21-03-2010, 09:50 PM
http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/index.php?option=com_jdm&p=detail&vid=26&cid=321&Itemid=1

Just choose facelift model and state colour code.

Got mine a month ago. :) However only wanted the Silver Badge, same as Euro Sports here. You will need to contact Leo to arrange JDM badges.

thank you so much tpphan, you are a LEGEND.

corb13
07-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Hey i was looking at some second hand 03-05 euro r grills which don't come with the radiator cover plate... just the grill itself with the honda badge attached, some sites say the radiator plate is required for proper fitment? (insurance reasons???) Plus you obviously need to get the clips aswell

(can some also please Post quality me) felling like a noob haha

yfin
07-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Hey i was looking at some second hand 03-05 euro r grills which don't come with the radiator cover plate... just the grill itself with the honda badge attached, some sites say the radiator plate is required for proper fitment? (insurance reasons???) Plus you obviously need to get the clips aswell

(can some also please Post quality me) felling like a noob haha

You don't need the euro r radiator cover plate - you can use the one that comes with your car!

You will need to cut a very small piece of the plastic to allow you to reach the bonnet catch - but it is really small and is not even noticeable.

corb13
07-06-2010, 10:54 PM
So with something like this ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Honda-Accord-CL7-Euro-R-Grille-TSX-03-05-Acura-/230466249988?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35a8dbe504) you would also need to purchase:
-Clips
-Top colour coded trim to replace stock chrome or is that just totally removed?

sorry if this has already been covered....

(Post quality me cheers)

yfin
08-06-2010, 02:21 PM
So with something like this ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Honda-Accord-CL7-Euro-R-Grille-TSX-03-05-Acura-/230466249988?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35a8dbe504) you would also need to purchase:
-Clips
-Top colour coded trim to replace stock chrome or is that just totally removed?

sorry if this has already been covered....

(Post quality me cheers)

I don't think you need any clips - I didn't when mine was fitted

You will need the colour coded trim -

npcan2
09-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Do you NEED the colour coded trim?

Also, I have seen the lower surrounding trim (as seen in white for the ebay example) in a chrome finish. Where can I get this from? Or do I just use my current chrome finish?

This is what I want my grille to look like:
http://imgur.com/5brf6.jpg

npcan2
11-09-2010, 11:23 PM
I really need help with this ^^^^^^^^... Can I use remove the chrome strip from the bottom of the grille? It is possible??

viper8548
12-09-2010, 12:10 AM
yes...guess have to remove the front bar in order to complete the whole process easily...sigh* btw, thanks for ur advice

You dont have to remove the bar to install it, its pretty simple actually only a few clips (if you are careful not to break them) the hardest part is taking off the clips, the whole install should take less than 30mins (If I were to do it again it would take 10mins). Here is a pic of my car with the Euro-R grille.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs548.ash1/32026_428262150239_641535239_5839823_5289310_n.jpg

npcan2
13-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Ok, Does ANYONE know if it''s possible to remove the lower chrome strip on the stock 03-05 grille???

npcan2
13-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Ok, Does ANYONE know if it''s possible to remove the lower chrome strip on the stock 03-05 grille???

I have just found out that you can remove it and it can be used with the euro r grille! YAYA
Now time to find a grille!