PDA

View Full Version : ECU Reset

Razer
19-03-2010, 02:13 AM
hey all, Ive read on the forums on how to do a ECU reset by disconnecting the battery and so on, but I've recently replaced my battery as it died. A RAC guy replaced it for me which was sent over by honda. However during my last service last week, they told me that the battery was replaced and I needed to re-code my ECU...and that was a 60 dollar charge. It is the same as the ECU reset mentioned earlier or is it different? It mentions something about IDLE in the receipt so Im not sure. Your help is appreciated!!

tuanEH?
19-03-2010, 03:42 AM
resetting the ecu and recoding it are two different things. Usually you would only reset the ecu if you've made a modification to the car. e.g. if you install a new intake you'd need to do it, because the difference in airflow from stock to aftermarket. Recoding your ecu is just reprogramming your computer and parts like your immobiliser or alarm back so that they can function properly again. correct me if I'm wrong, this is just from the top of my head. ;)

Razer
21-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Thanks for your input..Im also not too sure...but I did my realize my idle was really low after the service...although I didn't ask for the ECU reset!!