PDA

View Full Version : wheel bearing

redefine
21-03-2010, 08:27 AM
fairly sure my fromt wheek bearing(s) are ****ed. Just wondering is this something i can do myself or do i need a mechanic or special tool or something?
Im trying to get it done as cheap as possible without comprimising quality

DNY*BOY
21-03-2010, 10:02 AM
are you sure its the wheel bearing? u can pick up a complete unit for $100 so u can just replace the whole hub, fairly easy varying on how mechanically minded you are...

redefine
21-03-2010, 11:04 PM
im about 90% sure it is. i could be mistaken though...i''d probably easily be able to replace the hub

mocchi
23-03-2010, 01:06 PM
are you sure its the wheel bearing? u can pick up a complete unit for $100 so u can just replace the whole hub, fairly easy varying on how mechanically minded you are...

replace? the fronts need to be pressed out
the rears can be 'replaced'.

brand new wheel bearing cost abt $70 each.

i got a press and done front wheel bearing swap, ended up wrecking the bearing. now i know what not to do lol.

redefine: cheapest way is to buy knuckle from someone and just swap the knuckle. spin the knuckle when you inspect make sure its spins nicely.

Limbo
23-03-2010, 01:16 PM
unless you have a press you won't be able to do it.

ulq-507
25-03-2010, 02:25 AM
so where can i get the wheel bearing, also where can i find the mechanic?
thz

geeang
25-03-2010, 04:56 AM
so where can i get the wheel bearing, also where can i find the mechanic?
thz

Wheel bearing - Honda
Mechanic - Yellow Pages/google

redefine
25-03-2010, 03:40 PM
replace? the fronts need to be pressed out
the rears can be 'replaced'.

brand new wheel bearing cost abt $70 each.

i got a press and done front wheel bearing swap, ended up wrecking the bearing. now i know what not to do lol.

redefine: cheapest way is to buy knuckle from someone and just swap the knuckle. spin the knuckle when you inspect make sure its spins nicely.

yeah i was afraid of this, wasnt 100% sure though. thanks.

think knuckle is the way to go. excuse for ek4 brake upgrade?? :D :P