PDA

View Full Version : 92-95 Honda Civic Altezza Tail Lights

One Fighter
21-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Hi,

i just need some information on these pair of tail lights. 92-95 Honda Civic 3dr HB Black Altezza Tail Lights.

i want to know since im in Aus, do these lights have indicator lights on them??

are these legal to use

and finally will these fit on a honda civic 94 hatchback breeze car.

his a link to the item.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280474651892&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

thanks...

ekcoupe
21-03-2010, 10:24 AM
leave it stock much better look:thumbsup:,

but if you want more information about them contact the seller

TheSaint
21-03-2010, 11:27 AM
go the USDM ones ... they are heeps better looking

One Fighter
21-03-2010, 11:46 AM

thanks for the reply, have got pics of them, or a link?

cheers.

cheapdouchebag
21-03-2010, 12:20 PM

agreed, id get them meself but no money =[

if u dont find em, try the EURO style tail lights. thats what their also known as

TheSaint
21-03-2010, 12:24 PM
http://img.youtube.com/vi/_RY26dJcoxI/0.jpg

One Fighter
21-03-2010, 01:03 PM
there not bad, but i still like those Black Altezza Tail Lights.

hmmm, i guess ill see which fits in my price range i guess.

TheSaint
21-03-2010, 04:06 PM
u can get the USDM ones from yonas at JDMyard on here ... they arnt that expensive and easy to install ... they dont looks as 'ricer' either

MWAKU
21-03-2010, 04:15 PM
i want to know since im in Aus, do these lights have indicator lights on them??

yes, pretty sure u have to get an orange bulb but.

are these legal to use

aslong as they are blink orange, stop red, and reverse white. but a defect can be even tedious as not an OEM part, which u can get defected from. if ur worried about getting a defect, stay stock, looks better too.

and finally will these fit on a honda civic 94 hatchback breeze car.

yes

One Fighter
21-03-2010, 04:53 PM
u can get the USDM ones from yonas at JDMyard on here ... they arnt that expensive and easy to install ... they dont looks as 'ricer' either

where abouts do i go on the forum to get them, i tried accessing the marketplace section, but nothing shows there.

thanks.

TheSaint
21-03-2010, 05:01 PM
pm yonas from JDMyard ... his username is EG5

redefine
21-03-2010, 05:11 PM
who cares if people like them or not...if YOU like it, do it. **** all this ricer jdm shit.

but yeah, i would be extremely suprised if they dont have indicators :s contact the seller on weather to use green, or amber indicator bulbs

One Fighter
21-03-2010, 05:26 PM
well i asked the seller

i said

Hi,

just wondering do these lights have reverse lights and orange indicator lights, since i reside in Australia.

thanks.

the he replied with

yes they have clear indicators which are suitable for orange bulbs and have reverse lights on them. thanks

so guys it should be alright to use in Australia, since i just place a orange bulb right??

thanks everyone for the help.

jdm_b16a
21-03-2010, 06:08 PM
I have a pair of these going cheap (suitable for hatchback 92-95). If you're interested, let me know. Very cheap. Never used - brand new in box (I have a sedan, got these as a present but they are for a hatch and don't fit). I can send you photos.

Peter

One Fighter
21-03-2010, 06:53 PM
I have a pair of these going cheap (suitable for hatchback 92-95). If you're interested, let me know. Very cheap. Never used - brand new in box (I have a sedan, got these as a present but they are for a hatch and don't fit). I can send you photos.

Peter

yes please send the photo's of them. cheers.

androo
22-03-2010, 06:46 AM
Hey One Fighter,

My friend has this on his car. Just remember that for the stock harness, the bulb socket is for the normal, colourless blinker? (i.e. reverse light colour) due to the Civic's normal housing being coloured amber. It's a bit hard to find we had to drive to a couple of repcos, autobarns, etc. and finally at North Parramatta they had some at Repco. The lady there said 'oh they just got them in as well'?

Also, fitment wise it's a bit of a lottery. His right one looks like it's OEM, but the left one has a massive gap. That and it's always fogged up. It makes his car look kinda dodge, like it was in an accident and wasn't repaired properly! (but the OEM one fits perfect - no gap)

Also, the brake light is very dim. We tried a brighter bulb but I think it's the way the housing is designed. Not really a problem at night, but in the day when I follow him on a sunny day I can't 'see' that he's braking. If we cover it with our hands we can see that it is on though.

That said, they look pretty good though! I'm an OEM type of guy and I can say they look pretty damn good. My mates EG is red and it suits it really well.

My 2c. Sorry for the long post but just want to warn you about all the problems my friend had. Again, if you want to get them, then I can say they do look pretty good. Just keep these problems in mind.

One Fighter
22-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Hey One Fighter,

My friend has this on his car. Just remember that for the stock harness, the bulb socket is for the normal, colourless blinker? (i.e. reverse light colour) due to the Civic's normal housing being coloured amber. It's a bit hard to find we had to drive to a couple of repcos, autobarns, etc. and finally at North Parramatta they had some at Repco. The lady there said 'oh they just got them in as well'?

Also, fitment wise it's a bit of a lottery. His right one looks like it's OEM, but the left one has a massive gap. That and it's always fogged up. It makes his car look kinda dodge, like it was in an accident and wasn't repaired properly! (but the OEM one fits perfect - no gap)

Also, the brake light is very dim. We tried a brighter bulb but I think it's the way the housing is designed. Not really a problem at night, but in the day when I follow him on a sunny day I can't 'see' that he's braking. If we cover it with our hands we can see that it is on though.

That said, they look pretty good though! I'm an OEM type of guy and I can say they look pretty damn good. My mates EG is red and it suits it really well.

My 2c. Sorry for the long post but just want to warn you about all the problems my friend had. Again, if you want to get them, then I can say they do look pretty good. Just keep these problems in mind.

thanks for the heads up, i always wanted to know weather they will be bright or not, because i hate cars when i can't see if they indicating or braking. let alone my mine being like that.

androo
22-03-2010, 08:57 AM
No worries. Indicating and reverse is alright - it's the braking. It's a bit annoying following him. Possibly dangerous if the person behind you is lacking concentration (i.e. me after an all nighter lol).

Also if you get them, the place we found the amber indicators is Repco, North Parramatta.

Goodluck! Post up pics if you end up getting them!

One Fighter
22-03-2010, 09:07 AM
which ones do you think are the best ones, in terms of brightness and also look good to get. any ideas??

the worst is i get them installed and a defect.

thanks.

androo
22-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Do you like these? These are more Euro style. A subtle change but looks nice

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93-94-95-CIVIC-Ex-Si-3DR-EG-EG6-JDM-RED-TAIL-LIGHTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0546e2e0QQitem Z180477158112QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fA ccessories

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95-CIVIC-EG6-HATCHBACK-3D-SiR-EG-LED-TAIL-LIGHTS-JDM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e5ac42a1fQQitemZ13 0371824159QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcce ssories

I think these are alright. However even then fitment wise I wouldn't be able to say anything about them (never dealt with them). I've seen them on only a few EGs and think it's a nice change (makes the rear look modern again without being rice imo). From far looks factory (never been close to one though - just behind them in traffic, etc.)

When I had my EG I was going to get a set of these but last year the cheapest set I could find was about $250 and I didn't want to spend that much so kept it stock. They do sell these locally I believe so maybe try and search for them if you don't want them from overseas.

Also, whatever you buy make sure the indicator lense is either clear or amber. If it's red, there's not much you can really do that's cost effective to fix it (I heard some people paint their bulbs green?)

Anyways goodluck!

One Fighter
22-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the links, they look alright. but you have a point, if they going to cost alot, id rather stay stock. because id rather spend that on my engine.

well ill see, but most likely stay stock for now.

thanks again.