PDA

View Full Version : Busted engine mount - EP3 URGENT

Perry
21-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Hey dudes,

I think my driver side engine mount is completely busted car was running fine today till like 30mins ago when the whole car just started vibrating pretty bad just like when you install hard core engine mounts. Can anyone confirm if it is or not and is it still safe for me to drive to like Hanny's 30mins drive from my place?

Thanks
Perry

Mr.PT
21-03-2010, 10:34 PM
lol perry why u going nuts on the ep for

rossirider
21-03-2010, 10:42 PM
you still have 3 other mounts holding the engine in. You should be fine, Just don't do any dumps with the clutch or sudden jabs with the accelerator.

Perry
21-03-2010, 10:48 PM
I've noticed the vibration gets pretty bad at certains revs as well.

Mugen_B16B
21-03-2010, 10:57 PM
dw perry it should br sweet, i drove with a broken one for few days and im sure it was worse then urz

Perry
21-03-2010, 11:18 PM
dw perry it should br sweet, i drove with a broken one for few days and im sure it was worse then urz

Mine was showing ware already but been busy this weekend to change it blahhh should of done it this weekend. Just dont want to drive half way to the workshop and something else falls apart knock on woood.

xntrik
21-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Have you tried pushing against the engine to see if it moves?
It should be okay to the work shop if one mount is broken.

Put your finger towards the middle of the mount and see if the bushing is cracked or
what not, if so you'd be alright as the metal surround will still hold it out to the workshop.

I've driven with a broken rear engine mount before with the B series for about 150kms.

Get it fixed asap tho!

grifty
22-03-2010, 07:40 PM
its alright driving with a broken mount just dont drive it hard, ive seen far more worse broken engine mounts and they been have fine for a few thou kms, in one case 2 engine mounts were broken which caused the sump to rest against the cross member lol

Perry
22-03-2010, 08:12 PM
WTF on the subframe??? thats what u called bad. All good mounts fixed today thanks to uncle Robert.