PDA

View Full Version : Oil light - pressure sensor fix 'how to'

WuackR
22-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Hi all,

I've got an issue here.. On my dc5r, i've noticed that the Oil light has been on when I turn on my car (not turn on the engine). I figured that I would need to change oil since its running low.

Just recently I've flushed out the old and refilled new, added new oil filter etc etc..

Anyways, I still noticed that the oil light is still on just before I start the engine, but before I start the engine, I wait to check if the light goes away.. but doesn't.. I'm assuming the oil pressure sensore may be damaged/broken ?

Is there a way to have this fix ? I'm sure there is, if so can anyone advise..

Thanks in advance. :)

Webby_roller
22-03-2010, 10:58 AM
i belive that it is normal... If you have the car on ignition and dont start it the oil sensor is displaying that there is no oil pressure, which is correct becuase the engine isnt running...

There is nothing wrong with your car....

WuackR
22-03-2010, 01:18 PM
i belive that it is normal... If you have the car on ignition and dont start it the oil sensor is displaying that there is no oil pressure, which is correct becuase the engine isnt running...

There is nothing wrong with your car....
Are you sure ?

I've kept it in ignition (but not started), however the engine and the battery lights goes away after 5secs.. but oil light still shows.

Owell, if this is the case, I'll have it double checked by me mech.

Ta.

aaronng
22-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Anyways, I still noticed that the oil light is still on just before I start the engine, but before I start the engine, I wait to check if the light goes away.. but doesn't.. I'm assuming the oil pressure sensore may be damaged/broken ?

When the engine is running, does the light turn off? If it does, then it is normal. From your other thread, I thought your oil pressure light was on all the time.

WuackR
22-03-2010, 02:12 PM
When the engine is running, does the light turn off? If it does, then it is normal. From your other thread, I thought your oil pressure light was on all the time.
Oil light goes away when the engine is off, just when its in ignition (not started).

Apologies, if I didn't make it clear.

So this is normal then ?
Problem solved. :P

Thanks heaps guys !

aaronng
22-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Oil light goes away when the engine is off, just when its in ignition (not started).

Apologies, if I didn't make it clear.

So this is normal then ?
Problem solved. :P

Thanks heaps guys !

The engine must be running. That is when the oil light will turn off because the engine drives the oil pump
Engine off = no oil pressure
Engine on = yes oil pressure

So your oil pressure sensor is fine. There is no problem.

WuackR
22-03-2010, 02:45 PM
The engine must be running. That is when the oil light will turn off because the engine drives the oil pump
Engine off = no oil pressure
Engine on = yes oil pressure

So your oil pressure sensor is fine. There is no problem.
Yep, gotcha! :P

Thanks for the heads up :)