PDA

View Full Version : Mcpherson Strut Camber Issues

rk 86 wa
22-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Hi guys,

Bearing in the civic was changed on the weekend and after chucking the car back together the camber on the front passenger has dropped from a ~-2.2 to what seems like a ~1, enough of a significant drop to notice.

My question is, if I am not using camber bolts, are the only affecting factors the ride height and the camber plates? If so the camber plates are maxed out (as in the sliders are pushed to the ends of travel), and I have matched both the plate and the coilover ride height with the front driver (which reads ~-2.2) to see if this would bring it back to being close to my original set up.

Is there anything that I am missing here?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks for viewing,

Ryan.

lukits01
24-03-2010, 10:47 AM
It's your fuel map, man
It's got a nasty hole

m0nty ITR
24-03-2010, 10:56 AM
How are you measuring camber? How was it measured previously?

Is the wheel sitting on the hub correctly?

We'll need a little more info.

I would go back and check everything you removed just to be sure. I personally like to do an alignment everytime I remove anything from the assembly (aside from brakes).

rk 86 wa
24-03-2010, 02:04 PM
It definately wasnt a nasty hole in my fuel map lol.

Thanks for the advice Monty, just loosened the two bolts holding the top of the knuckle to the bottom of the coilover and held the coilover and knuckle in the proper position (DOH!!!) and bolted it up properly and now its running fine :P

Alignment is due for this friday but I figured that I would get this problem sorted myself before a redundant alignment.

Lol!