PDA

View Full Version : EG Civic Breeze Dyno Sheet

SINISTR
10-12-2004, 04:24 PM
just for the others who didn't follow the 'dyno b18' thread here is a dyno sheet from the recent PAS (perth auto show) where my gf won the dyno comp with this run... 1st girl to win a dyno comp.
Done on a HUB dyno... 1.8 VtiR conversion, I/H/E, microtech ecu and what yet has to be checked TypeR cams... but have to check that.

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/albums/genone/ach.sized.jpg

the run was done only up to and past 7000rpm because being a Breeze it didn't have a tacho, and we didn't know the exact GBox ratio for the VtiR gearbox. we thought it was 4.7 - but should have been 4.4. Anyhow the dyno operator just to be on the safe side ran the car only up to 7000rpm... not to blow the motor.
As you can see the 147.81 curve is still going up - even at 7000 so it should have in my opinion plenty of juice to have it past 150. But we will have to wait and see once the tacho is installed and everything is run properly.

this is just to show the graph, not to start any Dyno vs dyno or any 'your crap' type discussions... I simply don't care... its for you guys just to have a look.

Cheers

Mike

KB
10-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Yeah. Congrates to both you and your girlfriend on that one!

Just goes to show you don't need a super type R to achieve those figures.

wynode
10-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Why not jus run till the limiter?

SINISTR
10-12-2004, 04:45 PM

Just goes to show you don't need a super type R to achieve those figures.

haha - she has a faster/more powerful car than me now ;) hehe

but I get to drive it, break it and fix it - :love: Love the Vtec!

SINISTR
10-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Why not jus run till the limiter?

I dunno - were were very close to have the car disqualifies and taken off the dyno... because of no tacho and we didn't know the ratios well - these guys were under massive pressure, each run was timed including the setup and being a hub dyno its not as easy as just rolling it on and strapping up... alot of work involved... but we somehow got a run and the operator suggested/recommended just a 7000rpm run. Dunno....

It has a Microtech ECU and someone once told us that it doesn't have a rev limiter... so basically over revs....

h22a accord
10-12-2004, 04:50 PM
I notice the power is measured in PS so the car got 145.79hp, still, that is a nice figure.

Lonewolf
10-12-2004, 05:36 PM
nice figures, although not comparable to a rolling road.
Get a tacho and rev that puppy :)
What else did other cars pull?

Civic Type R
10-12-2004, 05:38 PM
who installed the Microtech ?

Sounds like everything was all quickly put together in a rush like my car. Only i can congratulate you on getting your ride to PAS. After paying for my entry i was left high and dry with no car for the show ..

I think Wynode has a fair comment. When they did my car i told them it has no rev cut. So they revved it till the power curve started to taper off. Sounds like the dyno operators at PAS and Ivan doesnt know how to run it.

Civic Type R
10-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Blake - welcome to Ozhonda !

Lonewolf
10-12-2004, 05:43 PM
cheers, might buy one, one day ;)
Otherwise just keep harassing them at the track and on the street.

Civic Type R
10-12-2004, 05:51 PM

Just goes to show you don't need a super type R to achieve those figures.Kyle, different dynos dude.
Ive seen a 1.6NA get over 150.

SINISTR
10-12-2004, 06:06 PM
hehe - might be funny but in the whole comp there was only our car and another NA which pulled 138. so a very small class but thats how they usually are here in Perth... still - even so - a girl got the 1st spot.

who installed the Microtech? came with the car when we bought it.

Adam - Let it GO!!! :thumbdwn: *you know what im talking about* Kyle is refering to TypeRs in general - not your car in particular or any other engine you have had - Can u just Let the Balloon GO?

Civic Type R
13-12-2004, 11:52 AM
Adam - Let it GO!!! :thumbdwn: *you know what im talking about* Kyle is refering to TypeRs in general - not your car in particular or any other engine you have had - Can u just Let the Balloon GO?wtf :rolleyes:
dude im not the one goin on about it. I told you to let it go days ago and you go start up another thread about this. You're the one goin on about it no me .. :thumbdwn:

SINISTR
13-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Adam - pls mate - understand that I started the thread to show ppl the dyno sheet for my Gfs B18C - thats all.

Deal with it, and pls keep comments such as "Ive seen a 1.6NA get over 150" to youself otherwise just start a new thread called 'Ive seen a 1.6NA get over 150" and let people post their WOWs, and OHHs in that. I honestly don't know WHY you always have to come up on top of every conversation!? No offence bro - but grow up will ya!?

I don't want to argue with a friend so just leave it alone and let people see what this thread is about 'the dynosheet of a civic with a VtiR swap' - not dyno comps between 1.6 and 1.8L

Anyways - the fuel line is fixed since last week and the cars back up and running! :) YAY!

m

Civic Type R
13-12-2004, 10:50 PM
lol ..
Mikey is getting all angry now

KB
14-12-2004, 04:10 AM
Out of interest. (Sorta Off Topic)
Theres all this stuff about different dyno's producing different results ect ect.

But how does Factory Honda come up with its Power Specs so acuratly? Do they use Dyno?

Civic Type R
14-12-2004, 10:01 AM
Thats a good question Kyle. Im assuming yes they would.
What dyno does Honda use ? hub or wheel ?
This a question for Mr Wong from TOV.

Hondavirgin
14-12-2004, 11:11 AM
wouldn't they use an engine dyno to cut out the drivetrain loss variable?

Weq
14-12-2004, 11:23 AM
They use engine dynos.

VTEChnique
14-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Sounds like the dyno operators at PAS and Ivan doesnt know how to run it.

Speedwork's Ivan doesnt know what he's doing on he dyno ?? erm yeah right.. OK.
He was 100% right in not wanting to run the car with no Tacho and no given final drive as it would have been risky to mis-calculate the RPM of the engine - especially with a possibility of NO rev-limiter - as the engine may have over-revved and caused great damage. Earlier in the day and RX3 saw that fate for a similar reason and that's why they were being cautious.. Dyno it ACTUALLY shows the experience and competence of the Dyno operators as they knew what may happen if not calibrated for the correct final-drive ratio.

HONDA, like most vehicle manufacturers, use ENGINE Dynos..
I thought You'd have known that one Adam hahaha ;P

Civic Type R
14-12-2004, 12:08 PM
i always await you to correct me Bede :D

yeah i knew that the engine dynos are used, I have a dvd of it being done at home. im too tirod atm to think.

SINISTR
21-12-2004, 06:08 PM
I just picked up a Cluster of an EG with a tacho - I'll need to replace some bits as the tacho won't work by simply replacing one cluster with the other.
So the tacho and fuel.temp gauge of the new one will need to come, and be put into the stock Breeze one.

Has anyone performed this change before?

VTEChnique
21-12-2004, 06:42 PM
yo mikey..

as far as I know the cluster's tacho WILL work by simply plugging it in. the old Breeze cluster still has the RPM signal from the dizzy (etc) going through it. Honda is lazy and doesnt bother to make 6 different wiring harnesses when they can just use the one.

I'd be surprised if it doesnt plug and play !!

SINISTR
21-12-2004, 09:06 PM
mmm... i will have to see...

the way I worked it out with Gabe is that I will pull out the tacho and other bits out of his cluster and put into mine and viceversa...WHY? I have no IDEA... wouldn't it be just easier to just SWAP? but the guy there said its not thesame thats why the changing in the tacho etc.... I got no idea!

anyways - will let u know!

Cheers!