PDA

View Full Version : New to biking + New bike(old)

pieee
22-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Hey guys,

I've been on ozhonda for a while now mainly browsing through the funnies, the diys, and the civic threads because I own a civic. But I find myself here quite a bit now since I've just aquired a bike from my girlfriends dad. He so kindly gave me his old learner to clean up and call my own, It's a VT250F V twin engine and she purrrs absolutely beautifully.

Anyway just thought I would share some pictures with you all in my imageshack album so I could hear some thoughts, compliments, smart ass remarks, the usual :D

Well here she is, im also keeping a log using pictures of everything I fix or change on the bike so some pictures might seem a bit random:

http://img443.imageshack.us/g/img00149201003221816.jpg/

lo0se3r
22-03-2010, 10:46 PM
man i wish my gf's dad would give me a bike, all he does is flip me off everytime he sees me.

pieee
23-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Lol that's very unlucky, maybe buy him some alcohol and he will like you a bit more :P

jbird
24-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Good bike to learn on and should be nice and reliable.

Rule number 1 in motorbiking is learn to switch to reserve fuel whilst on the move...and never run to empty because pushing a 200kg hunk of metal on wheels is not fun especially when cars zoom by at 100km/hr...not that thats ever happened to me.

pieee
24-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Hehe, thanks for the advice :D I'll be sure to do that

Twincam16
24-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Welcome to riding!

That fuel problem happened to me once, forgot the fuel tap on reserve and it sucked every drop out of the tank before I realised...

pieee
24-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks Twincam,

I'm curious about something though, a fellow riding friend of mine has just told me that the licensing prices have gone up to almost double what they used to be, does anyone know how much the cost is all up including passing here in nsw?

Thanks

Twincam16
26-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks Twincam,

I'm curious about something though, a fellow riding friend of mine has just told me that the licensing prices have gone up to almost double what they used to be, does anyone know how much the cost is all up including passing here in nsw?

Thanks

Afaik the cost should be the same as it was in the past, except the extra level of license fees for green p's would be added.

If you are >25yo you dont need to worry about this

pieee
28-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Ok cool, thanks a lot for that :)

VT250FII
21-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Nice bike, good to see someone else with a VT250F I've been struggling to find anyone else who owns one.

DLO01
21-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Nice first bike mate. Have fun with her. Stay aware and take care of yourself. Expect everyone to merge over on you (thats what I seem to get the most). Wish people would actually look over their shoulder. They know theres no car there, but don't expect a bike.

pure_na
21-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Nice first bike mate. Have fun with her. Stay aware and take care of yourself. Expect everyone to merge over on you (thats what I seem to get the most). Wish people would actually look over their shoulder. They know theres no car there, but don't expect a bike.
lol i see just as much of that with cars. people just decide to merge....with a car next to them or in their blind spot...then they swing back into their lane....makes me laugh every time. or when they do it to me i slow down to let them in and they still ****ing swing back into their lane, drives me nuts.

pieee
30-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Yeah tell me about it, been riding around for a few months now and some freaky stuff has happened already lol, i was riding along the m5 towards campbelltown for uni when a car decides to merge into my lane, doesnt look at all and comes completely into my lane as if its nothing, mean while i am stuck in a meters gap between the car and the wall beeping at this retard for a good 5 seconds before he even realizes and swings out nearly hitting another car..

and btw Vt250FII send me a pm with your msn addy, i haven't been on here in a while, i should get active again now that unis out tho