PDA

View Full Version : Intro. and 02 Jazz VTI-S

tomo88
23-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Hey All,

I'm Thomas, 21 & currently in my 4th year of Civil Engineering and Commerce at Melbourne Uni.

Just picked up my Jazz today, an 2002 VTI-S in white. Done about 88k km's and was in real good nic safe for a few little scratches here and there.

Came with some China car alarm system - comes with a pager and everything, the guy also put in his own fog lights which I'm gonna rip out as well. He had some stickers on it as u can see in the original photo, first thing I did was take them off. As funny as the 'Vtec Inside' sticker was, I don't wanna be the one being laughed at.

Came with 16" LENSO white rims which I really like, however they're not in the best condition. As you can see in the pic they've been scratched up pretty good. Anyone know how I'd go about touching them up? Would the same touch up I use for the cars little scratches work on on this as well? Anything to get rid of the real bad scuff marks that can be seen in the photo?

Also, I was thinking when I save a bit more dosh to get a new bonnet. I was thinking a CF bonnet, however they're unsafe in a crash and I'm only going for aesthetics and not performance. Before this I drove a VW Bora 2.3L V5 before it was written off from the massive hail in Melbourne. I forgot how sluggish a 1.5L can be lol.

Would anyone know of a better alternative? I was thinking of just going to Honda and getting an OEM bonnet in black, but it would probably be way cheaper to just get it spray painted, anyone have any rough prices to compare?

Thanks guys

Thomas

burak213
23-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Hey All,

I'm Thomas, 21 & currently in my 4th year of Civil Engineering and Commerce at Melbourne Uni.

Just picked up my Jazz today, an 2002 VTI-S in white. Done about 88k km's and was in real good nic safe for a few little scratches here and there.

Came with some China car alarm system - comes with a pager and everything, the guy also put in his own fog lights which I'm gonna rip out as well. He had some stickers on it as u can see in the original photo, first thing I did was take them off. As funny as the 'Vtec Inside' sticker was, I don't wanna be the one being laughed at.

Came with 16" LENSO white rims which I really like, however they're not in the best condition. As you can see in the pic they've been scratched up pretty good. Anyone know how I'd go about touching them up? Would the same touch up I use for the cars little scratches work on on this as well? Anything to get rid of the real bad scuff marks that can be seen in the photo?

Also, I was thinking when I save a bit more dosh to get a new bonnet. I was thinking a CF bonnet, however they're unsafe in a crash and I'm only going for aesthetics and not performance. Before this I drove a VW Bora 2.3L V5 before it was written off from the massive hail in Melbourne. I forgot how sluggish a 1.5L can be lol.

Would anyone know of a better alternative? I was thinking of just going to Honda and getting an OEM bonnet in black, but it would probably be way cheaper to just get it spray painted, anyone have any rough prices to compare?

Thanks guys

Thomas
Anyone know how I'd go about touching them up?

can always take it to a shop to get it resprayed or repaired

was thinking of just going to Honda and getting an OEM bonnet in black

go wreckers and get a used one. Also you can get CF wrap so it looks a CF but its still OEM

also welcome Thomas

Mr BOB
23-03-2010, 05:52 PM
wo, another white on white~~

fillit
23-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Hi mate,

Welcome to the forum, I was once faced with the prospect of getting a CF hood, not really the safety factor, but I was feeling cheap and hesitant to put large amounts of money into a car which I will eventually sell once I was off Ps, instead I got mine wrapped at CARX for about $175. Heres a pic of my car to show you how it looks, also if you want the sprayed look, search up M@LEWs threads for Jazz photoshoots, MugenJs is one to look out for.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2586/yoonalarge.jpg

M@lew
23-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Check out CarX who can wrap your bonnet in CF vinyl if you want the CF look without having an actual CF bonnet.

M@lew
23-03-2010, 07:05 PM
haha posted the same time as me Phil.

fillit
23-03-2010, 07:06 PM
beat me to it matt

tomo88
25-03-2010, 09:06 PM
hey guys, sorry bout the late reply, been a busy week.

Thanks for all the suggestions - the wrap sounds like a much cheaper option and at least its still safe and legal. I might try my luck going around a few wreckers to pick up another bonnet just so when it comes to resell I can keep it as original as possible.

I'll have a look around for someone round my area that can touch up the rims, if anyone knows any one good around the ferntree gully area that'd be wicked. cheers guys

fillit
25-03-2010, 10:19 PM
the wrap doesnt damage the paint on the bonnet, just use some products to get the greasy stuff removed, however if you do want another bonnet give steve a pm you can find his thread in the parts for sale, i think his bonnet might still be in shape

M@lew
25-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Just remember for the cost of getting a new bonnet and then wrapping it, might just be easier to get a CF bonnet, especially since you're after the most cost effect means. Also the resale for a CF bonnet would be slightly easier too.

tomo88
26-03-2010, 10:00 AM
good point m@lew, thanks.

I didn't realise that the sticker would come off fairly easy, I may just do that then and when the time comes to remove it see how I go. I was surprised that the stickers the previous owner had on came off real easy, after about 8 years on the car I thought it would definitely have eroded the paint or something of the like. my father and I just got a hair dryer to heat the stickers up and they came off clean. Got some grease remover to wipe it down and it looked as good as new.

tomo88
03-04-2010, 03:37 PM
hey guys,

Just wanted to show you the rims now. the old man suggested using some cut and polish on them and it worked like a charm, they've come up real good now. The gutter rash is still a problem of course. I've applied some generic touch up - around the edges it works well however you can definitely tell from a distance where ive painted over the rash but I guess its cheaper than filling it and respraying the whole thing.

Next on the agenda is probably the CF bonnet sticker and maybe on the side mirrors like MR B0B's. Then probably some HID lights.

Before: http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s258/tomo88/Jazz/E75067.jpg

After: http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s258/tomo88/Jazz/E75069.jpg

MUGENJ
20-04-2010, 08:51 PM
welcome tomo88 and fillit... nice jazzes u guys got there!!!

so fillit i see that your the new owner of m@lew old car... i have seen that jazz a few times on footscray rd.. r u by chance around that area?

fillit
20-04-2010, 11:17 PM
hey, yeah i've seen yours too, it seems like a panda eg from a distance before you get up close :)
where do you live?

threesix
21-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Hi mate,

Welcome to the forum, I was once faced with the prospect of getting a CF hood, not really the safety factor, but I was feeling cheap and hesitant to put large amounts of money into a car which I will eventually sell once I was off Ps, instead I got mine wrapped at CARX for about $175. Heres a pic of my car to show you how it looks, also if you want the sprayed look, search up M@LEWs threads for Jazz photoshoots, MugenJs is one to look out for.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2586/yoonalarge.jpg

dope jazz! like your mod style!! cept for the wing. (but each to their own)

threesix
21-04-2010, 12:41 PM
hey guys,

Just wanted to show you the rims now. the old man suggested using some cut and polish on them and it worked like a charm, they've come up real good now. The gutter rash is still a problem of course. I've applied some generic touch up - around the edges it works well however you can definitely tell from a distance where ive painted over the rash but I guess its cheaper than filling it and respraying the whole thing.

Next on the agenda is probably the CF bonnet sticker and maybe on the side mirrors like MR B0B's. Then probably some HID lights.

Before: http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s258/tomo88/Jazz/E75067.jpg

After: http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s258/tomo88/Jazz/E75069.jpg

well played! DYI FTW if you can. good work.

fillit
27-04-2010, 11:33 PM
dope jazz! like your mod style!! cept for the wing. (but each to their own)

Thanks man, however i would like to get a Js racing spoiler sometime :)

noobcake
27-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Nice car bored aussie lol =P baller

Wez_R
29-04-2010, 10:39 AM
im starting to like what jazz's look like! i didnt no they could look this good haha