PDA

View Full Version : Ball in Your Court

ludecrs
24-03-2010, 06:44 AM
hey guys,

Thought I'd create a quick thread.

Anyone have any suggestions on anything I can do to help make this sub forum any better for you guys? More links to stuff? More technical information? etc

I know I need to update the FAQ section with a few more threads that have popped up since its last update, but if anyone has some suggestions, post up.

Just after some feedback.

jbird
24-03-2010, 12:47 PM
I think its pretty good the way it is.

An updated S2000 FAQ is all thats needed to cover more recent topics or maybe a short synopsis/conclusion of what certain threads were about.

e.g The Intakes thread. The conclusion is if you want to spend $X of money, you probably won't see any real difference in power but it will give you better intake noise and maybe less heatsoak in traffic.

But the most cost-effective way is snorkel, gut stock airbox and maybe replace standard filter with a K&N or something.

Saves people the trouble of reading 10 pages of random discussion.

vyets
24-03-2010, 01:20 PM
LOL.. I mean doesn't that just show that no matter how hard you try nothing can really be done LOL.
Pretty much the perfect example loll

jbird
24-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Lmfao!!!!!

JAP-S2K
24-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Sort of agree, most aftermarket bits just don't net a big enough gain to harp on about.

However, maybe something like a known common problem/troubleshooting? Seem to get alot of the same/simialr questions asked.

But i agree ^^^, new comers won't bother looking for it anyway, and they'll just post it.

stndrd
24-03-2010, 06:18 PM
you will find tho half the time new comers just want an answer then and there. i mean seriously sometime you can spend 4hrs looking for something and not get an answer. you 'regulars that seem to live here' just need to take it easy and realise that people will be people and they are gonna post, unless you physically remove every post that has been repeated and re-direct them to where to go

vyets
24-03-2010, 10:37 PM
agreed sometimes it's hard to find what your looking for, but then again maybe some people just don't have patience. Not to sound like an arrogant fag but if you check all the threads ever created by me you'll struggle to find a thread asking for help. I've always searched my answers and almost 100% of the time I'll find what I'm looking for, either here s2ki or even.. google.
One of the reasons why re-post keep getting closed and deleted is because of this, if there was 100 threads on "will this fit this" I mean it would be even harder to find the answer your looking for.
I'm not a forum basher and flame every noob that makes a repost that's what mods are there for but you can't argue why they do it.

ludecrs
26-03-2010, 08:25 PM
I think what I'll do is, create a thread.

Each post contains a question, what it is, and how to fix it.

So basically its one whole thread, with multiple answers, to all the FAQ's.

Some of it I'll have to write up, others will be copy pasted from whats already known or been said.

One thread, all answers, stickied at the top.

Thoughts?

JAP-S2K
26-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Sounds good.

jesses2k
27-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Brad never ceases to amaze :)

caosa
29-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Lots of work on your behalf. Remind me to send you something nice this year for xmas. :wave: