PDA

View Full Version : Euro steering vibrating

steadfast
24-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Hi guys,

Would appreciate some assistance with my Euro 04 model @ 80k I purchased recently. It appears to have steering wheel wobble/vibration above 80kmh, not noticeable when traveling around 60kmh. It does have big 20" low profile wheels with lowered suspension but I'm not sure what is causing this any helpful comments are welcome.

Also on cold starts in the morning the engine exhibits a whining noise until it warms up is this normal.

Thanks!

lilwilliam
24-03-2010, 05:28 PM
hey mate i just did a quck search, check this thread out http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93041&highlight=steering+wheel+shaking might help u figure out whats wrong

aaronng
24-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Your rims might have lost a wheel weight. Just get them rebalanced.

steadfast
24-03-2010, 09:36 PM
hey mate i just did a quck search, check this thread out http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93041&highlight=steering+wheel+shaking might help u figure out whats wrong

Thanks William I had a read of that thread. I hope it is as simple as a rebalancing of wheels but by the sounds of it, it may end up being the drive shafts. I will work my way up and see how we go.

Thanks to all.

npcan2
24-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Mine is really bad between 80 and 110kph, and im pretty sure its my drive shafts. I am not sure whether it is worth the money to fix it if it isn't causing any major issues atm. I can live with the vibrations for the moment. :(

steadfast
25-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Mine is really bad between 80 and 110kph, and im pretty sure its my drive shafts. I am not sure whether it is worth the money to fix it if it isn't causing any major issues atm. I can live with the vibrations for the moment. :(

How many kms has yours done? I would find it annoying particularly on long journeys I would have to get it fixed but will get a Honda service dealer check and advise first.

npcan2
25-03-2010, 09:42 AM
My car has been doing it for about 40,000kms. It started after my dad was driving my car and ran into a curb he couldn't see in a shopping centre car park.

He felt the vibrations after that, so he put it through insurance and they had the car for over 2 months and couldn't fix the problem. I'm pretty sure they never checked out the drive shafts though.

limleong
25-03-2010, 10:04 AM
My car has been doing it for about 40,000kms. It started after my dad was driving my car and ran into a curb he couldn't see in a shopping centre car park.

He felt the vibrations after that, so he put it through insurance and they had the car for over 2 months and couldn't fix the problem. I'm pretty sure they never checked out the drive shafts though.

If you have run into a curb, my first suspision is the alloy/steel wheel is bend or cracked or deformed. Either of these conditions will cause an out of balance situation for the affected wheel and hence steering vibration at certain speed.

Perhaps you should go to a reputable tyre shop and get them to check out the wheels.

npcan2
25-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Since the incident happened, i've got new wheels, tyres and buddyclub n+. None of them have affected the vibrations. The only thing that did affect vibrations was getting headers; after which the vibrations got worse.

steadfast
03-04-2010, 06:45 AM
After getting the Honda serviced and inspected for steering vibrations turns out the rims where badly buckled and unbalanced after changing the wheels the euro drove smooth as silk tested upto 120kmh.