PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] "High Performance Lowering"?

euroRwannabe
25-03-2010, 01:53 PM
hello again from the noob guys!

ok since i'm from melbourne i was looking around at some high profile performance stores such as "The Tyre Factory".

i was going through their online catalog specials and one thing caught my attention.

http://thetyrefactory.rtrk.com.au/
(click on specials on the top menu bar)

the first special tells me that they are doing "High Performance Lowering" to all vehicles which comes with new springs for $450.

They're catalog however did not mention what brand or type of springs they are.

This leaves me in doubt whether this "Special" is really worth it.

A good friend of mine assumes that the springs that they will install would be "King Springs", he also tells me that they arn't very good.

Tell me guys, is this "Special" trustworthy? If you know, can you tell me what brand springs they will install and if they are suitable for my CL9?

thanks guys.
Simon.

racerwannabe
25-03-2010, 03:43 PM
lol at high performance lowering...with springs only I don't think so...do a bit of research on here and you will find that if you only change springs the shocks will wear out quick.
Do it right the first time and get coilovers or matched springs and shock combo!

euroRwannabe
25-03-2010, 04:45 PM
lol at high performance lowering...with springs only I don't think so...do a bit of research on here and you will find that if you only change springs the shocks will wear out quick.
Do it right the first time and get coilovers or matched springs and shock combo!

So the "Special" isn't very trustworthy is it?

Mr.DC2
25-03-2010, 04:58 PM
i no what they use they used KING SPRINGS and yer i wouldn't take it to them to do anything there prices aren't that great and also there job isn't too great either.

tony1234
25-03-2010, 05:26 PM
:thumbdwn:.to King springs.If you want to go springs only get Eibach.They are one of the few lowered springs that wont blow your OEM shocks prematurely.

xxb4xx
27-03-2010, 08:42 AM
King springs / whiteline / lovells etc aren't that bad, it all depends on how low you drop the car.. 25mm drop will prob be the least damaging to your shocks.. But if you don't really care too much, just get the super lows and drop the car! :)

sodhi90
27-03-2010, 03:43 PM
what about Tein S.tech springs? will they hurt my shocks?

xxb4xx
28-03-2010, 12:10 AM
what about Tein S.tech springs? will they hurt my shocks?

Spring is a spring dude.. the Tien ones are painted green instead of yellow / orange / pink / blue etc..

25mm is prob the max you can away with where your shocks will last a little longer.. but as I said, it is up to you dude, I was never one to be fussed on the condition of my shocks, so I used to slam all my cars LOW... :)

(i'm now waiting for someone to say "a spring is not just a spring, they are wound differently, and some use better steel, and some are softer and stiffer etc... I know this, but when you are slamming a car to the floor, it's pointless.. nothing is going to get the car as smooth as stock unless you got adjustable coil-overs).

sodhi90
28-03-2010, 10:39 AM
yeah i'm not looking to slam my car mate.

kural7
29-03-2011, 04:43 PM
hey guys im also a noob looking at lowering my cl9. its currently got stock 17's on it. i went to one place they said 700 to get springs and it would be a 30mm drop. does this mean i have to get new coil-overs ? also a recommended drop on the car?

white_ep3_civic
29-03-2011, 05:57 PM
$700 just for springs! A couple hundred more and you can find coilovers or a spring and shock package

hooyn
29-03-2011, 06:58 PM
go coilovers, do it right the first time (Y)

kural7
29-03-2011, 08:57 PM
ye 700 bux just for springs and labor any good places in melbourne ?

Rudy
30-03-2011, 02:38 PM
They were probably locally supplied eibach springs and that sounds about right for what places charge including labour. The first time I had eibach put in it was 680 all up. I didn't know back then, i'd never do it again. Even if you want springs only and someone to install them, get them off ebay and then get someone local to install them. Save a couple hundred. But as others said, I suggest either springs + sport shocks or coilovers, not just springs on stock shocks. Id recommend getting it from ebay because of the dollar, and then getting it locally installed.

As for places to install or supply , what area are you in? I can recommend some.

kural7
30-03-2011, 08:52 PM
im in roxburgh park Melbourne. around broadmeadows/ cragieburn. so my best bet is ebay eibach springs and what brand coilovers? how do adjustable ones work? sorry noobish questions but don't know too much about lowering. hence me being here :)

marquee
31-03-2011, 03:03 PM
im in roxburgh park Melbourne. around broadmeadows/ cragieburn. so my best bet is ebay eibach springs and what brand coilovers? how do adjustable ones work? sorry noobish questions but don't know too much about lowering. hence me being here :)

Ok you dont but springs and coilovers, you buy springs and shocks, or coilovers.

Coilovers are a whole suspension system that are very customisably with dampening settings and height settings. A bit more expensive however customisability is a benifit. A few people have buddy club n+ on there car on the forum and they think it's still comfy.

Spring shock combo come as 2 different parts. Eibach is the only spring to get dont trust other people when the say king springs they are beyond useless. To be honest if you were to get spring shock combo I would get eibach springs pro kit with either konis or bilstein shocks.

Now eibach springs you can buy from australia for about 600 i know there are a few specials on the web atm so do research.
For shocks all the quotes i have recieved from everyone in victoria are about 1200+ for front and rears. however go on to a few americain sites look for Acura TSX 03-08 and you will find some for around the 700amrk not including shipping.

And then you will have to find someone to install suspension city in north melbourne are reputable bit out of your way but still close. However many mechanics should be able to do it for you. I think installation would be about 200-500 depending where u go.

Coilovers Buddyclub N+ are about 1400 including postage and rear camber kit. also about the same amount in installation.

Research before you buy and you should be sweet either option and do not opt out for cheap parts.

minircc
31-03-2011, 08:08 PM
i have a brand new set (4) of CL9 king springs if anyone wants :P $160

kural7
31-03-2011, 08:24 PM
marquee thanks for that really helped clear things out. so i have to get eibach springs + shocks? you mention something about a combo i didn't quite understand. coilivers buddyclub N+ are they like the combination of both?

marquee
31-03-2011, 08:32 PM
spring shock combo means springs and shocks work together.

coilovers is a type. buddyclub is a manufacturer n+ is the model

tonysalib
01-04-2011, 01:10 PM
I heard Pedders springs with stock shocks is not a bad setup for someone who is not looking to spend too much (under a grand) to lower their car as they only lower the car by about 1.5 inches which still leaves enough room for your shocks.

This ofcourse depends on how you drive - if you take humps on high speed and sh*t they you will obviously stuff up you're shocks even if you have stock springs.

Has any one here tried this setup? What do you think? Would you recomend it?

kural7
01-04-2011, 03:31 PM
i don't know about pedders but a bit of research and you can get springs off ebay for about 300 bux. apparently there okay with stock shocks. eiabach. any1 hear of it? also you can get coil-overs for about 900 on there what i don't know is if i get coil-overs are they enough or do i still need springs or a shock? yes im noobish :(

tony1234
02-04-2011, 07:52 AM
i don't know about pedders but a bit of research and you can get springs off ebay for about 300 bux. apparently there okay with stock shocks. eiabach. any1 hear of it? also you can get coil-overs for about 900 on there what i don't know is if i get coil-overs are they enough or do i still need springs or a shock? yes im noobish :(

Yes Eibach springs are good.They're supposed to be OK with stock shocks.Best to do the job properly and replace both shocks ad springs

MR_LATE
02-04-2011, 12:24 PM
go coilovers, do it right the first time (Y)
agree

yeah, save a lil more for coilovers and ull be smiling :D

kural7
02-04-2011, 11:30 PM
okay so i have two options from what i gatherd. either i get eibach spring ( 400 ebay) and then shock ( not sure how much ) OR i can get a coil-over set ( 1100 off ebay ) which are adjustable from my understanding.?

dee-y
02-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Coilovers or eibachs with blistein's or koni's

kural7
03-04-2011, 08:06 AM
see that sentence does not make sense to me. so its coilovers or eibach which are springs + blistein's or koni's which are shock? the combination after the + are not adjustable but coilovers are?

marquee
03-04-2011, 12:27 PM
I don't know how to say it clearer. But ill try.

Coilover incorperates shock and spring as a prefabbed unit that usually comes with height adjustability and dampening adjustability (soft or hard). They are overall more adjustable and many different types of brands exist to meet consumer needs from street spec buddy club n+ and tien superstreet or basics. To full racing spec tien and buddyclub make both and price vary alot.

Now one more time you can buy coilovers as a whole unit without needing anything else.

OR

You can buy shocks and springs KONI or BILSTEIN are shock absorber brands. EIBACH is the brand of springs you should buy.

Finally before you ask another question about the same thing just google them wikipedia will have something to explain it.

kural7
03-04-2011, 10:54 PM
thank you very much thats as clear as i'll ever need it. cheers.