PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosing Power Steering Pump Issue

TheSaint
26-03-2010, 12:33 AM
hey guys ... noticed a slight issue with the power steering pump lately .. the screw right on the bottom front is weeping fluid down onto the belts wich in turn drips onto the floor under the car

i have noticed that when i nudge the steering wheel side to side while im stopped with the car on ... it draws extra power from the engine and i can hear the pump/servos working

kind of like when u turn the A/C on in a SOHC and u hear the revs dipp for a second .. i get the same thing with the power steering

only been happening in the last few weeks - i did take the pump off to put an engine torque damper on ... but im 99% sure it all went back on properly and nice and tight ... i didnt really remove it ... just loostened it to get it out of the way

any help would be appreciated

Lukezen27
22-05-2010, 10:52 AM
hey guys ... noticed a slight issue with the power steering pump lately .. the screw right on the bottom front is weeping fluid down onto the belts wich in turn drips onto the floor under the car

i have noticed that when i nudge the steering wheel side to side while im stopped with the car on ... it draws extra power from the engine and i can hear the pump/servos working

kind of like when u turn the A/C on in a SOHC and u hear the revs dipp for a second .. i get the same thing with the power steering

only been happening in the last few weeks - i did take the pump off to put an engine torque damper on ... but im 99% sure it all went back on properly and nice and tight ... i didnt really remove it ... just loostened it to get it out of the way

any help would be appreciated

Most PSP will drop the rev's just a tab but it's normally not noticed

If its leaking and you can hear it, it needs a rebuilt

Round the $200 mark

New bearing and new seal

There quite touchy to rebuild so you need a pro with warranty