PDA

View Full Version : 03 Std CL9 HID Installation

djpro1
28-03-2010, 11:46 AM
I tried installing my HID kit today and I got the cap off and removed the bulb from the slot.

My HID kit is H1 and heres a picture of what it looks like

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/3906/img0780o.jpg (http://img522.imageshack.us/i/img0780o.jpg/)

It seems that the metal bracket that holds the bulb in place is blocking the bulb. ie. the bulb is too big!!! And no its not the clip that holds the bulb.
The bulb is just bigger than the stock H1

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Thanks

euro_tr4sh
28-03-2010, 06:44 PM
yeh, had to remove the whole headlight and grind it out with a dremel a little bit

oongie
28-03-2010, 09:04 PM
nope no need for the dremel, you just need to spin the bulb to the place it fits...
put your head in the engine bay and have a look at the opening for the bulb it will make a whole lot more sense.
Make sure your not too firm with the bulb as the metal bit can break very easily.

iLlusion10
28-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Don't need to dremel, i had no issues putting it in.

N3M3SIS
29-03-2010, 08:38 AM
i've got a 06 Std, and have the same problem,
wanna hear something funny tho, try this, put the bulb in upside down, with the metal strip facing up, I bet it works then, did for me.

Darkii_
29-03-2010, 12:17 PM
^ yep as above, had to spin it the other way and it fits in lol.

djpro1
29-03-2010, 06:14 PM
how silly of me to not even test it the other way around.. I just naturally assumed that it was not possible to have the wire thing facing upwards.. Anyways, thanks guys. Got it installed up and running and its a beauty :) Had a little trouble screwing the plastic caps back on the low beams but all is good with a bit of duct tape :D

xxb4xx
29-03-2010, 08:57 PM
I want to change my OEM globes for 6000k HID's, but those stupid torx screws are a pest! I have to get a tool just specifically for it..

will2k
29-03-2010, 09:10 PM
How hard is HID installation?

From what i've heard you basically put the bulbs in as you would a standard bulb pretty much, connect each bulb to each ballast that you've mounted nearby and that's it?

N3M3SIS
30-03-2010, 07:40 AM
How hard is HID installation?

From what i've heard you basically put the bulbs in as you would a standard bulb pretty much, connect each bulb to each ballast that you've mounted nearby and that's it?

Yea, thats basically it, it also says you should drill a 25mm hole in the headlight cap, for the HID wiring to go through, but I guess thats up to you?
also, with the euro, if you dont plan on taking off your front bar, finding room to mount the ballasts will be a pain in the ass.

will2k
30-03-2010, 09:45 AM
I'll do some research about removing the front bumper. I think it will make everything easier plus it's good to know incase i want to install fog lights later on.

oongie
30-03-2010, 12:10 PM
under the plastic headlight moulding works a treat!
Even with the BIG fat ballasts

N3M3SIS
30-03-2010, 01:26 PM
under the plastic headlight moulding works a treat!
Even with the BIG fat ballasts

Did you drill the balasts on there? or use tape?

oongie
30-03-2010, 02:23 PM
double sided tape no need for drilling...
now that would be a pain in the ass...
doesnt go anywhere with the double sided tape!

N3M3SIS
30-03-2010, 02:45 PM
interesting.....very interesting
LoL

djpro1
30-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Okay guys I have another problem now.. When the engine is on, I find that the light flickers continuously. This does the same thing with my custom interior LED lights too... I thought it would only affect my interior lights but I can't seem to find the root cause of all this?
Could this be a battery issue or Wattage difference? So far my parker lights have blown 2 times using White SMD lights.

Thanks

Yes you need to drill a hole if you want a snug fit. It's hard to just shove everything under the plastic cap. (Hence why I just used the duct tape to cover it)

As for the installation, its very simple. Just the driver sides a B*(@_ to do because it has the washer fluid plastic cover. You can remove the one bolt there 10mm socket or even with a wrench. I took that out and it made the job 100 x easier. The clips were a little hard to put on again because the HID bulb is a bit bigger and it needs some brute force to lock the bulb in properly in place. Should take no longer than 30 minutes even for a noobie :)

N3M3SIS
31-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Okay guys I have another problem now.. When the engine is on, I find that the light flickers continuously. This does the same thing with my custom interior LED lights too... I thought it would only affect my interior lights but I can't seem to find the root cause of all this?
Could this be a battery issue or Wattage difference? So far my parker lights have blown 2 times using White SMD lights.

Thanks

Yes you need to drill a hole if you want a snug fit. It's hard to just shove everything under the plastic cap. (Hence why I just used the duct tape to cover it)

As for the installation, its very simple. Just the driver sides a B*(@_ to do because it has the washer fluid plastic cover. You can remove the one bolt there 10mm socket or even with a wrench. I took that out and it made the job 100 x easier. The clips were a little hard to put on again because the HID bulb is a bit bigger and it needs some brute force to lock the bulb in properly in place. Should take no longer than 30 minutes even for a noobie :)

In regards to the LED lights etc, you might want to look into getting a voltage stabliser because the euro has voltage spikes, esp when the headlights and interior lights arnt drawing the power they are suppose to, because LED's draw less power as do HID's.
I got one and havent had a problem since, my LED parkers use to blow every 3 - 6 months, now had them in for like 8 months no worries.

will2k
31-03-2010, 09:58 AM
In regards to the LED lights etc, you might want to look into getting a voltage stabliser because the euro has voltage spikes, esp when the headlights and interior lights arnt drawing the power they are suppose to, because LED's draw less power as do HID's.
I got one and havent had a problem since, my LED parkers use to blow every 3 - 6 months, now had them in for like 8 months no worries.

Like this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Performance-Volt-Chip-Acura-TSX-04-05-06-07-08-09_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27ac7cc5e2QQitemZ170 397582818QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcces sories

I mentioned it in the CU2 mods thread. Just wondering if it makes that much difference? Sounds great if it stops the led's blowing but any performance or fuel economy gain as claimed by the manufacturer?

djpro1
31-03-2010, 10:53 AM
So just buy one from ebay?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/12V-88-MAX-VOLTAGE-VOLT-STABILIZER-EARTH-GROUNDING-KIT_W0QQitemZ180475479086QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car _Parts_Accessories?hash=item2a052d442e#ht_3479wt_9 44

What does is this 88% thing mean?