PDA

View Full Version : Brake pedal feels 'soft' after fluid flush

insanesam
28-03-2010, 12:54 PM
I just flushed my brake fluid with my mate. We used genuine honda brake fluid. After flushing the pedal seems somewhat 'softer' than what it was before. What i mean is when i slowly step on the brake pedal, the first few centimeters seems real soft, im pretty sure it was firmer before.

I'll describe the process i used to perform the flush and hopefully someone can pick out if i did anything wrong.

I started with Rear Left, rear Right, Front Left , Front right. For each wheel i did below:

1. grease the nipple, then put aquarium tube over it. Other end of tube is in bottle and submerged under some clean brake fluid
2. Get friend to pump pedal few times till firm.
3. I open nipple, and ask friend to firmly press on pedal, when it reaches the floor, he holds it there and then i close the nipple
4. Check master resevoir to make sure its never below minimum. (i top up after doing steps 3 and 4 twice) - i'm pretty sure it never got low
5. Repeats steps 2,3 and 4 til i see no bubbles and when i see pretty clean brake fluid
6. Tighten nipple, take off tube, put nipple cover back on.

Anyone see anything blatantly wrong? How can i get rid of this 'softness'?
thanks

sodhi90
28-03-2010, 01:49 PM
This Softness is normal, its how the brakes would have been from factory. as long as there is no delay in braking when u push the pedal it should be fine. thats the bleeding method i use.

xxb4xx
29-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Keep pumping them and they should stiffen up.

if they are still REALLY soft, you more than likely have an air bubble in the system, or one of your cylinders is letting go soon.