PDA

View Full Version : ED Civic: Carbie to EFI conversion

Dnation
11-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Hi Guys,

Just after some idea's on the aforementioned fuelling techniques.
What have u guys done in the past. What do u recommend.??

OPTIONS:

1. FUEL TANK ( +fuel Lines)

I've heard Danny says to convert the fuel tank to EFI and get the fuel lines as well (on EG civic). Problem with this is they arent readily available for the ED Civic's I dont think. Will The 88-91 CRX tank work? ?? What about the 86+ Integras?? Do u HAVE to change the fuel lines? if so, why??

2. External fuel pump

I've heard that we can just steal a 86-89 Integra external inline pump and adapt it onto the ED Civic fuel lines. Has anyone done this? Did you ever get starved for fuel when cornering hard? (could use a surge tank but thats gonna take heaps of extra effort). Any other things u need to do if u take this route?

Any helpful knowledge would be greatly appreciated..

Im in the middle of my B16A conversion into my 89 Civic (twin Carb) hatch so if anyone out there is also undergoing the same conversion please email me
Dnation@tpg.com.au

I'm in Sydney

Cheers
Dave

mytoycivic
11-12-2004, 07:00 PM
well i am goin the D16a8/ZC into my ED. i am going the external fuel pump with surge tank. i found it will be an easier route to go than the fuel tank with internal fuel pump.

Dnation
11-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Are you doing it yourself?
How much did you buy the stuff for?

mytoycivic
12-12-2004, 08:05 AM
i have not purchased the fuel pump yet, but i am not sure if i will do it myself or get someone to do it. ill let you know though. are you doing the conversion yourself?

Dnation
12-12-2004, 09:45 AM
yup. Im going the tight-a55 back yard job. Its alright though coz my garage is a backyard workshops dream. Theres a huge compressor, engine hoist, about 100 jacks and theres tools galore.. Just started the conversion last weekend but as i work full time, i can only really work on it on weekends.

I've taken the dash out and am probably half way with the wiring. Today i'm gonna rip both engines out of the engine bay and work on the clutch pedal and brakes.
Next weekend I'll change the belts on the B16A and clean it up thoroughly. If things turns out i might try to get everything in on sunday.

mytoycivic
12-12-2004, 09:13 PM
so how you hooking up the external fuel pump?

Limbo
13-12-2004, 05:15 PM
hehehe looks like you bit off more than you can chew dave.

i'm just waiting for you to finish so i can run you... :wave:

Kawasaki
12-05-2005, 10:23 AM
ahh the powers of search :D

I too have an ED civic and am looking to do a DIY efi conversion. So i will need a high pressure fuel pump and Surge tank but will i have to replace fuel lines and what would i use?

Any info on other problems you encountered would be greatly welcomed.