PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION on defects and good behaviour time

r3ckless
30-03-2010, 08:55 PM
hey guys, i lost my licence, i might consider going on good behaviour......

quick question, if im on good behaviour period, cops pull my car over and defect me, will that lead me to losing my lcience for double the offended period?

geeang
30-03-2010, 09:00 PM
If they give you defects with no points then it will have no impact on your license, if they add points for defects (which they can) then you'll get RTA-raped.

r3ckless
30-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks Geeang.. What kind of defects willl they give u points on

basically my car is low, HID's, muffler.. maybe? cat... its pretty smelly.

WATAJK
30-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Dude take my advice.
Do the 3 months option.
Avoid good behaviour.
I did it and got f*cked on in my DAILY (ford laser) not my ITR

r3ckless
30-03-2010, 09:23 PM
hmm, i have a toyota camry as my daily, bee using that if i go onto good behaviour

WATAJK
30-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Dude going on good behaviour is playing the devils game lol...
Once your on it and lets say you get randomly pulled over.. once he runs your license, he will notice your on good behaviour... If he's a good copper, he won't check anything... when there A-Holes... they try d*ck you for something...
Take my advice, do the 3 months IMO

dougie_504
30-03-2010, 10:42 PM
This is just my personal opinion but I'd prefer to do the time. I think you're likely to be scrutinised closer if you're already on good behaviour, and even if something shitty like a P-plate dropping off your rear windscreen happens you could lose your license for so much longer. Your car sounds like a little bit of a magnet anyway with those things you listed.

Just do the time IMO, and please don't be offended by this, but maybe think about why you lost it in the first place.

nny911
30-03-2010, 10:57 PM
This is just my personal opinion but I'd prefer to do the time. I think you're likely to be scrutinised closer if you're already on good behaviour, and even if something shitty like a P-plate dropping off your rear windscreen happens you could lose your license for so much longer. Your car sounds like a little bit of a magnet anyway with those things you listed.

Just do the time IMO, and please don't be offended by this, but maybe think about why you lost it in the first place.

rta lady said u cant go on good behaviour if your on your p's its only for full licensed

acurabot
30-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Im not sure about Sydney, but in QLD if you do the 3months suspension, that 3months does not add towards your time of holding a licence i.e. you will be on opens 3months later than you would if you chose GDB. Also, we have a "late night driving restriction" which doesnt allow P-platers to drive between 11pm-5am what so ever (unless in an emergency) whether they are on GDB or came off 3months suspension. So if you do your time, you will get opens 3months later and do 1yr 3mnths late night restriction.

But in the end, it depends on your circumstance, how much you need to drive and how much you trust yourself. GDB is like having been given a 2nd chance, why not take it? But of course, for sydney it could be different.

xclusive_eg8
31-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Well I lost license for 3 months and had a very risky 3 months driving max 20km away from home everyday. Ended up getting pulled over 3 days before I got my licence back - cop was good and just scared the fuk outa me by letting me know what courts would do to me, also put handcuffs on me for added effect... Am off suspention now got 4 points and only 11pm restriction which is really not that bad, only time I drive pass 11pm is when my direct family are in the car so cops will have a hard time going through mum and dad + 100% stock suv and corolla... All in all, driving while suspended so wasn't worth it, better to just say fuk it and DONT drive while suspended

r3ckless
31-03-2010, 07:59 AM
Yeah well, if i go on ngood behaviour, im gonna sell my dc5/drive it only during the day... on weekend nights, i only drive my stock camry.

jks24
31-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Well I lost license for 3 months and had a very risky 3 months driving max 20km away from home everyday. Ended up getting pulled over 3 days before I got my licence back - cop was good and just scared the fuk outa me by letting me know what courts would do to me, also put handcuffs on me for added effect... Am off suspention now got 4 points and only 11pm restriction which is really not that bad, only time I drive pass 11pm is when my direct family are in the car so cops will have a hard time going through mum and dad + 100% stock suv and corolla... All in all, driving while suspended so wasn't worth it, better to just say fuk it and DONT drive while suspended

So did they suspend you again or did the cop let you off the hook?

Not sure what I would do if I lost mine luckily my work is only 5 mins drive down the road though. Could always get fit again and ride my bike :p

I spose one advantage would be I would save a shitload of money on fuel and just get mates to drive me around

xclusive_eg8
31-03-2010, 08:10 AM
They let me off so so so dam lucky there..1st time in a cop car at 10pm on a Saturday night. Was only in next suburb so they just locked my car which they failed at and couldn't lock a simple civic lol and had to get my mate to drive my car home, waited 4 days and I was licensed again. Female cops are so easy to con, just do a bit of innocent flirting and acting dumb, also talking about how disapointed your mum will be if you go to court or get fined again will help - love women mentality

jks24
31-03-2010, 08:23 AM
They let me off so so so dam lucky there..1st time in a cop car at 10pm on a Saturday night. Was only in next suburb so they just locked my car which they failed at and couldn't lock a simple civic lol and had to get my mate to drive my car home, waited 4 days and I was licensed again. Female cops are so easy to con, just do a bit of innocent flirting and acting dumb, also talking about how disapointed your mum will be if you go to court or get fined again will help - love women mentality

Hahaha nice I've been pulled up by two female cops once mind you they weren't bad either :p

acurabot
31-03-2010, 08:27 AM
I've been pulled more on my brother's daily than my DC5. On GDB because of that and while it sucks to have late night restrictions and all, you'd realise driving is a privledge and become a safer driver by always sticking to the limits. So far, so good. 4months left. Fingers crossed xD

jks24
31-03-2010, 08:51 AM
I've been pulled more on my brother's daily than my DC5. On GDB because of that and while it sucks to have late night restrictions and all, you'd realise driving is a privledge and become a safer driver by always sticking to the limits. So far, so good. 4months left. Fingers crossed xD

Good luck mate hope you get through the next 4 months with no problems :)

Limbo
31-03-2010, 09:38 AM
damn, i only ever get pulled over by skin heads, and every time they have screwed me

acurabot
31-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Good luck mate hope you get through the next 4 months with no problems :)

Cheers bro :thumbsup:

Stig
02-04-2010, 01:09 PM
im currently 2 months into my good behavior, there was no way in hell i was taking public to uni for the next 3 months

if i was the summer holidays i would have taken the 3 months off cos i would have people to drive me around

its pretty much if you can live without driving if you go on suspension :)

503asy
05-04-2010, 08:13 PM
depends what kinda driver u are. im a bit of a hoon, always speed, i took 3 months and it went by pretty quickly
my gf took a yr of good behaviour (and she isnt a hoon at all) and she got done going 20 something ks over in a 50 zone down a hill. lost her license for 6 months
if its convenient for u. id go 3 months dude

b4dnuf
06-04-2010, 02:17 PM
I did the 3 months, public transport was a b*tch but they went by prettty fast. When i got it back i was on late night restriction for a year before going back on my opens.
Do the 3 months if you get pulled over and happend to catch a cop on a bad day, they will look for any excuse, like having bald looking tyres to a blown light or something.
doing good behavoiur sucks any little mistake and your ass is gone.

WuackR
06-04-2010, 02:53 PM
OP, i agree with WATAJK..

wait the 3/6month period.
if you trust yourself in going on a good behaviour then go for it ! But goodluck..

Heck, even I don't trust myself being on the good behaviour =|
That's why im sitting the 3month period ! *Sigh.. tis only been 2 weeks so far for me. fml !

metrolink ftl !! =(

WuackR
06-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Either way, pros n cons in doing both..
But risky business for going on the Good Behaviour bond.

By my mate's experience, he went from 3months to 6 months then lost it for a year..
Whatta tool aye ? ha !

Anyways, goodluck OP ! =)