PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth paying $200 extra for euro floor matts

praja6
30-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi All,

Sunday i got a base model auto euro. First i thought the floormatt comes as standard. After i signed the contract and i could not see floormat in the contract, the salesguy said i have to pay 200 extra for floormat. I told him why this expensive. He said it comes form Japan thats why. He said the $50 matt from Kmart does same thing.

Now guys, tell me is it worth paying extra $200 for the floormatt before i get the car next week..

Thanks

niiCk
30-03-2010, 09:07 PM
i'd get it..cause its OEM.
the kmart crap looks out of place esp if its in a new car.
or if you want, you can search around for 2nd hand OEM ones..

jfaust
30-03-2010, 10:10 PM
i payed $100 2nd hand from ebay. the ones you pay at autobarn and supercheap auto are crap.. the shape is weird for the euro and it wont fit properly if you buy it from the stores.. but the oem looks good but be prepared that the carpet thing will fade.. very bad!!

lingamair
31-03-2010, 03:36 AM
The matts are made in Thailand btw, not Japan. Paid $150 for them brand new from Collins Honda a few weeks back.

androo
31-03-2010, 05:39 AM
You should have asked him to throw it in during the negotiation. It always goes like this...

Sales guy thinks - Bargaining, huh? OK

Sales guy - I'll give you free floor mats, full tank of gas and number plates. How's that?

But if you got a good amount off your car then thats a different story. It really depends on how much you want the mats to fit perfectly. If I got a cheaper car I would Repco the mats, but you have a Euro. I think it looks much better OEM.

Irving
31-03-2010, 06:46 AM
Hi All,

Sunday i got a base model auto euro. First i thought the floormatt comes as standard. After i signed the contract and i could not see floormat in the contract, the salesguy said i have to pay 200 extra for floormat. I told him why this expensive. He said it comes form Japan thats why. He said the $50 matt from Kmart does same thing.

Now guys, tell me is it worth paying extra $200 for the floormatt before i get the car next week..

Thanks

It all depends on how you negotiate. I had several extras thrown in including Floor Mats and 5 Year Extended warranty. However, once you sign the contract, the salesman won't give you another cent. That's the way they do business.

rayd
31-03-2010, 08:44 AM
i got mine from http://www.matcraft.com.au/

there great :D and they look OEM :)

praja6
31-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Today i rang trivett classic accessories department (website http://www.trivett.com.au/Parts-Accessories-98.aspx) and asked for 2010 CU2 euro genuine matts. The guy said over the phone their price is 175, but can do it for 145. He said its a black color OEM with Euro logo on it. He said its easy to fit the clips and can do it myself.. I think an OEM one for 145 is cheap

Other few honda dealers telling the matt cost 250...

Surprised by the retail price of accessories different between dealers to dealer as well..

What you guys think

limleong
31-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Today i rang trivett classic accessories department (website http://www.trivett.com.au/Parts-Accessories-98.aspx) and asked for 2010 CU2 euro genuine matts. The guy said over the phone their price is 175, but can do it for 145. He said its a black color OEM with Euro logo on it. He said its easy to fit the clips and can do it myself.. I think an OEM one for 145 is cheap

Other few honda dealers telling the matt cost 250...

Surprised by the retail price of accessories different between dealers to dealer as well..

What you guys think

I paid $165 NZD for the OEM. This is roughly $132 AUD. A price of AUD 145 is pretty good deal.

I would not go for aftermarket because the genuine OE mat has fitting holes and clips resulting in a perfect custom fit. The mat will not move around like after market mats. This safety consideration alone is worth the price permium. Just look at the drama that Toyota is going through with floor mat recall.