uniorj
31-03-2010, 06:59 PM
My car isn't running properly.

Did ECU code checks and got;
16 - fuel injectors
18 - not sure what this is
54 - crank fluctuation sensor
61 - primary oxygen sensor.

When I am driving, the car will lose power(putting the accelerator down further does nothing) and the duration that it loses power for always changes. eg. driving in 5th gear in a 60km zone at around 2000RPM with constant force on the accelerator, the revs will start to drop slowly and the accelerator becomes useless for x amount of time.

This problem will happen within 10 minutes(usually before 5 minutes) of the car being started(cold or warm). When I change gears/put the clutch in it stops the problem but it starts again pretty much straight away after putting the car back into gear.

When this happens I have to pull over and put the car in neutral and the revs will drop down to about 500 RPM then it will go back to around 1000 RPM. After I have let the car do that twice the car runs normally(most of the time) until I turn it off.

Running b18c2 in an EK4 with stock b18c2 ECU through an obd2a - obd1 conversion harness.

Any help will be appreciated.

bennjamin
31-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Joshy u sparky type. No I did get your MSG but forgo about it !
Reset your ecu and see if this clears any of those codes, then work
at the wiring itself. Anything of recent that contribted to this ? Check the wiring above the injector rail look for loose connection/s same
with the o2 sensor wiring

uniorj
31-03-2010, 07:43 PM
okay. will check it out tomorrow.

I'll let you know ben la.