PDA

View Full Version : rough running 2002 1.3 jazz

08ESE
01-04-2010, 10:46 PM
my jazz has developed a rough sorta burble ( like its running out of fuel ) only when sitting on a constant 2000-2500 rpm. it isnt there when the car is cold, and soon appears once its warmed up.

spark plugs are good, fuel filter is new, air cleaner is clean, ive put injector cleaner in, tried fuel from 2 different servos, disconnected each coil to see if one made less difference than the others ( and no difference )

anyone had the same issues? ive had it on mine twice before around 3-4 years ago but it went away... this time it seems to be staying.

cyberlucky
02-04-2010, 04:19 AM
You have done what I'd do if facing that kind of problem. Fuel supply, air supply, and electrical supply.

I have no recommendation other maybe try the fuel conditioner - and maybe check the electrical supply to the spark plugs.

08ESE
03-04-2010, 09:43 PM
found it!

gave the ego sensor ( exhaust gas oxygen ) sensor a tap with a hammer, and she seems right now.

will get a price on replacing it on tuesday :)

cyberlucky
04-04-2010, 07:06 AM
Good that finally you found the root cause.

cazz'shonda
01-05-2010, 07:57 AM
08ESE, is yours a CVT Jazz, early model? You are talking the O2 sensor I guess.
Daughter in laws Jazz has got the same problem and thought from all searching it was the CVT so had the fluid changed. That fixed the rumble on take off but the hesitant running at low revs/speed is still there.