PDA

View Full Version : Lovells V Eibach

ORLANDO
02-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi All

Just wanted to know what your opinions were on Lovells V Eibach springs (35mm lowering), I have read really great things about Eibach, however, not too much on Lovells is out there, how do the Lovells comapare to Eibach since they are around $250 compared to $500 or so...for double the price is Eibach worth it?

All I know is Lovells are aussie made and dont seem to have a bad reputation, but Eibach (german made) seem to have really awesome reviews on quality and ride comfort as well as good compatability with stock shocks...I have read a lot of posts saying to stay away from King Springs due to sagging and bumpy....lol.

Any comments are greatly appreciated...

SuPeRVeGeTa
02-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Ive had Lovells on my prelude for 3-4 years now, only reason i took them off is coz i got defected. I was very happy with them but the drop i got was more than 2.5inch.

I reckon coupled up with good shocks and you will be happy. I had them in Koni Yellows.

Ill be buying another set with a lesser drop soon.

tony1234
03-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Hi All

Just wanted to know what your opinions were on Lovells V Eibach springs (35mm lowering), I have read really great things about Eibach, however, not too much on Lovells is out there, how do the Lovells comapare to Eibach since they are around $250 compared to $500 or so...for double the price is Eibach worth it?

All I know is Lovells are aussie made and dont seem to have a bad reputation, but Eibach (german made) seem to have really awesome reviews on quality and ride comfort as well as good compatability with stock shocks...I have read a lot of posts saying to stay away from King Springs due to sagging and bumpy....lol.

Any comments are greatly appreciated...
I have Eibachs.Lovells are OK but generally you get what you pay for.I would stay away from King springs.

[ IV 23 VI ]
03-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Eibach are the best springs you can buy imo

racerwannabe
05-04-2010, 07:44 PM
+1 for Eibachs. I've not read a bad review on Eibachs whereas there's little info out there on Lovells. Your suspension is critical so why schimp on it for the sake of a couple of hundred bucks.

ORLANDO
03-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Any1 tied Tanabe NF210?? they are supposed to be comfortable and good with stock shocks

tony1234
05-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Any1 tied Tanabe NF210?? they are supposed to be comfortable and good with stock shocks

If you're installing lowered springs and using stock shocks go Eibach.

Simonnn
06-05-2010, 10:14 PM

I've read a few stories where the stock shocks have blown with the Eibach springs as well, what are your opinions on this?

ORLANDO
09-05-2010, 11:07 PM

Do I need a rear camber kit?

aaronng
10-05-2010, 12:55 AM
I've read a few stories where the stock shocks have blown with the Eibach springs as well, what are your opinions on this?

From what I've seen in the US forums, no matter what brand springs you use the stock shocks will blow if you lower it by over 1.5" or more.

aaronng
10-05-2010, 12:55 AM
Do I need a rear camber kit?
Yes you do.

Xplodin
10-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Eibach... I have a set in my car and i can't be any happier

Crapdaz
11-05-2010, 06:05 PM
hey guys, what's the part number for front/rear eibach springs? and bilstein shocks if you got it.

tony1234
11-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Eibach... I have a set in my car and i can't be any happier

+1.why try to save a few $$$ installing cheaper springs and or shocks.Go for a proven solution that suits the Euro as a number of us here have done.

ORLANDO
11-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Yes you do.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2614449

This guy says no........

ORLANDO
12-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Yes you do.

heres an article from Mr Heeltoe himself saying u dont need a camber kit for tyre wear??

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670064

aaronng
12-05-2010, 03:02 PM
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2614449

This guy says no........

This guy also says:

Here's what really happens. When you lower your Honda, especially those with double-wishbone suspension, the camber angle goes negative, but the front tires also toe out. That toe-out condition is what is important. Toe-out will destroy the inside edge of a tire MUCH faster than negative camber ever will, because the tire scrubs on the pavement as it rolls in a toe-out condition.

The front tyre toe-out condition that he is concerned about is easily corrected by a wheel alignment (no additional parts necessary). However, that negative camber that he describes, which happens to the rear wheels of the Euro when lowered will happen and what you will get is the car pulling to the right (which is unnatural) and wear on the inside of the tyre shoulder. I've been there and done that.

aaronng
12-05-2010, 03:06 PM
heres an article from Mr Heeltoe himself saying u dont need a camber kit for tyre wear??

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670064
Again, Heeltoe is concerned about the toe, which wears out tyres quicker than camber. BUT camber also wears out tyres, just not as quick. And if you went to a tyre shop to get an alignment and they said "Sorry mate, something is wrong, I can't get your camber back to spec. Something must be bent or you lowered your car too much.", would you be worried? If you are the type to get worried, then Mr. Heeltoe (his name is Marcus btw) goes on to say "If you are more anal about your car and want all the numbers correct, then yes.". I don't know about you, but I prefer to have -1.0º camber on my rear than the -3.5º on one side and -4.2º on the other side after lowering by only 1 inch. So for me, I agree with Mr Heeltoe, yes, I want the alignment numbers correct and therefore yes, I need a rear camber kit. :)

ORLANDO
12-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Again, Heeltoe is concerned about the toe, which wears out tyres quicker than camber. BUT camber also wears out tyres, just not as quick. And if you went to a tyre shop to get an alignment and they said "Sorry mate, something is wrong, I can't get your camber back to spec. Something must be bent or you lowered your car too much.", would you be worried? If you are the type to get worried, then Mr. Heeltoe (his name is Marcus btw) goes on to say "If you are more anal about your car and want all the numbers correct, then yes.". I don't know about you, but I prefer to have -1.0º camber on my rear than the -3.5º on one side and -4.2º on the other side after lowering by only 1 inch. So for me, I agree with Mr Heeltoe, yes, I want the alignment numbers correct and therefore yes, I need a rear camber kit. :)

Marcus also says "With a drop under 1.75", you should not need to even worry about it, because a drop of that much will not even throw the car out of factory camber specs! But that toe will be in the red every time!"

But...According to this site http://www.camberkit.com/ the camber should usually only change about -0.5 degree per inch of lowering on average, so if the Euro is set at -1 degree I should expect it to be around -1.7 after the Eibach pro kit is installed, and the allowable spec range is -1.5 to -0.5, so I will prob be 0.2 out of range, but I will see what the readings are once they are installed and take it from there I guess

aaronng
12-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Marcus also says "With a drop under 1.75", you should not need to even worry about it, because a drop of that much will not even throw the car out of factory camber specs! But that toe will be in the red every time!"
Unfortunately, my experience with lowering my Euro only 1 inch caused the rear camber to go way out of spec (spec is -1.0º ± 0.5º if I remember correctly)

But...According to this site http://www.camberkit.com/ the camber should usually only change about -0.5 degree per inch of lowering on average, so if the Euro is set at -1 degree I should expect it to be around -1.7 after the Eibach pro kit is installed, and the allowable spec range is -1.5 to -0.5, so I will prob be 0.2 out of range, but I will see what the readings are once they are installed and take it from there I guess
As that site says, "Rear Camber Changes Examples (definitely vary from vehicle to vehicle)". They are quoting an example number. Each car model will give you a different camber change when lowered.

They also say:

1. Finding excessive tire wear on the inside edge of your tires compared to the outer edge
2. Taking your vehicle in for an alignment and asking the technician if you have excessive negative camber (and for a printout of the results). This is the only way to know exactly how excessive your camber is but definitely not necessary. Also, you will pay for this preliminary alignment and then pay for another alignment once you have purchased your camber kit. Double whammy.
3. You have lowered your vehicle so you already know your alignment (camber) will be off and purchase a camber kit ahead of time.
So just do that. Lower the car, get an alignment and if you need it, get a rear camber kit. That's what I did when I lowered my car. I drove around without a rear camber kit and wore the inside of the tyres.

My car is lowered by only 1 inch. When my car is parked next to tony1234's car with Eibach springs, his is clearly lower than mine. Yet with my modest lowering, my camber did go out to as bad as -4.2º before I had the rear camber kit installed. And I did munch up the inside shoulder of my rear tyres after about 5000km of driving.

tony1234
12-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Unfortunately, my experience with lowering my Euro only 1 inch caused the rear camber to go way out of spec (spec is -1.0º ± 0.5º if I remember correctly)

As that site says, "Rear Camber Changes Examples (definitely vary from vehicle to vehicle)". They are quoting an example number. Each car model will give you a different camber change when lowered.

They also say:

So just do that. Lower the car, get an alignment and if you need it, get a rear camber kit. That's what I did when I lowered my car. I drove around without a rear camber kit and wore the inside of the tyres.

My car is lowered by only 1 inch. When my car is parked next to tony1234's car with Eibach springs, his is clearly lower than mine. Yet with my modest lowering, my camber did go out to as bad as -4.2º before I had the rear camber kit installed. And I did munch up the inside shoulder of my rear tyres after about 5000km of driving.

He's right.But if you don't believe us don't get a rear camber kit.I hope you have deep pockets.You'll be replacing rear tyres on a regular basis.BTW one of my rears was -3.4 before i installed a camber kit.This is with a modest drop of approx.35mm.

ORLANDO
12-05-2010, 10:17 PM
He's right.But if you don't believe us don't get a rear camber kit.I hope you have deep pockets.You'll be replacing rear tyres on a regular basis.BTW one of my rears was -3.4 before i installed a camber kit.This is with a modest drop of approx.35mm.

My tyres need to be changed, they are on indicators, lol, but the alignment will tell the story.....then its on with the Michelin PS3's once I know all is good.

minircc
16-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Eibach. My mechanic told me he has seen many Lovells sag over time.
agree with all who advises on camber kit also.

ORLANDO
17-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Guys, I have found a great thread which has the alignment specs from Honda for an A spec suspension kit for the Acura TSX. According to this, the rear camber max. tolerance is -2.25 (-2d 15mins). Mine is -2d 2mins left and -1d 50mins right, so within range, so no real need of rear camber kit.

Link to A spec specifications http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-wheels/37244-acura-spec-suspension-wheel-alignment-specifications.html