PDA

View Full Version : coil overs not so low

dvsx
02-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Hey guys, ive got Tein HA's and rear is on lowest setting but it doesn't drop that low (not tucking). is there any way to go lower? safely of course.

or would i have to buy another set of coilovers to go lower?

Tom eg5
02-04-2010, 12:24 PM
You can take out the helper springs if you still have them on for a more decent drop; and the lower locking perch for another 5-10mm. But its not really worth it.

I had these on my eg for a while and i know what you mean. Took me ages to find decent coilovers that actually go proper low, So id say to look around if you want to go lower safely without cutting or modding anything.

MRK20CRX
02-04-2010, 11:18 PM
yeh i've heard this before, teins don't usually go that low man. Which is probably a good thing, at least Tein keep in mind that you can get a defect if it's too low. Just take out the helper spring, but it will make your car very bumpy

CoZZm0
03-04-2010, 07:30 AM
You'll lose whatever stroke was left in the shock if you pull the helper spring out to get the extra drop and it will almost be running on the bump stop at ride height. As above running on the bump stops makes it bumpy and ruins the handling of the car. Also make sure the spring is still captive at full droop or you'll get strange (loud) noises if you lift a wheel off the ground going into a driveway or similar situation.

dvsx
03-04-2010, 08:49 AM
thanks for the feedback guys, hmmm probly not worth it then