PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Civic - Info!

fromdeeeast
02-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Hey, I am looking into getting a new daily, been looking at the 06 civics and there basically all that I need.

I just wanted to know a bit about these cars before actually getting one.

1) Any issues that have arisen with these yet? Like common problems

2) Suspension wise, are there many choices for coilovers? Or even lowered springs? I've had a look at the modded FD civic thread and 2" seems alright, but I'd prefer coilovers

3) Sound system wise. Are these capable of having a sound system even with the built in CD player into the dash. How are you meant to run RCA cables from the Headunit to amps etc. Is it able to be done?

4) Rim size - 19 inch is too big on a little car like this?

Thanks in advance guys

aero
02-04-2010, 08:14 PM
hey mate, ill try to answer ur questions from my brief experiences with my own 2007 civic vti.

1) there have been a couple of small things that come up that i know a few people have had.

squeeky brakes is one. this is usually caused by glazed brakes. nothing major and u can get them fixed under warranty. in one case, they replaced all pads on my friend's car.

another ive experienced as well is that the driver side power window doesnt not go up properly or gets stuck near the top. usually its caused by lack of lubrication on the window rails. this can also be fixed on ur service or warranty.

others things ive read from other members is the rear suspension bottoming out under heavy load. i have not had this happen to me, but there was a thread a while ago where members have experienced this.

but in any case, with most of these, they are all things which can be repaired under honda warranty. so if u buy one its good to perhaps test them out on ur car, so u dont find out about these after warranty has expired.

2) there are plenty of choices in suspension mods for the civics now. in coilovers they range from the typical cheap d2 and ksport ones to the more expensive buddyclubs etc. but there are plenty of quality brands out there. this is same with springs. skunk2, pedders, tein and eibach are just a few brands u can get for ur fd. also, if u have a lot of money to spend, then there are also a couple of brands that do air suspension for the fd civics.

3) i dont have a custom sound system atm in my car, but a lot of other members do, and there are no issues with them. its not difficult to get to the oem headunit. all the plastics and fascias are pretty simple to unclip and take off from the car.

4) 19s arent that big. imo 18s and 19s are the perfect size as the car is fairly big compared to older civics. a few members here run 19s and they look awesome. i also had a set of 19s. but with all wheels sizes, u can run them depending on ur wheels and tyres specs as well as the amount of guard work ur willing to do.

lol.. hope this helps. anyone is welcome to correct any of my points if i have made a mistake. i cbf proof reading.

fromdeeeast
02-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Awesome.

Will defintely check out those when I look at the car

I've had a look on ebay can't seem to find any D2 Coils, had a set on my old supra and was very happy with them. Good that theres coils as I am looking at dumping it

I was just scared with the civic as looking at the OEM headunit, it didn't as easy to replace it with a dvd headunit or something but if anyone has more info on it, much appreciated.

Thanks mate

Will look into it, big step from a boosted DC2 Integra lol

curtis265
04-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Aero's answered pretty much all your questions!

however there's one more thing that doesn't make sense - When you say daily, do you mean a car that you mod and drive with style every day? Or do you mean use this as a run-around, and save your modding money on a weekend/warrior/trackstar? (are you keeping the DC2?)

tazman888
10-04-2010, 11:44 PM
squeeky brakes is one. this is usually caused by glazed brakes. nothing major and u can get them fixed under warranty. in one case, they replaced all pads on my friend's car.

For that point. Which dealer did that? How to convince them to do that? My fd does annoying sound as well, during the regular service they told me it only need a clean up, after a few days the noise back again.

aero
11-04-2010, 01:25 AM
^^ it was the user .k. that they replaced the brake pads on. i think it was the toowong honda dealer.

fromdeeeast
11-04-2010, 06:32 AM
Aero's answered pretty much all your questions!

however there's one more thing that doesn't make sense - When you say daily, do you mean a car that you mod and drive with style every day? Or do you mean use this as a run-around, and save your modding money on a weekend/warrior/trackstar? (are you keeping the DC2?)

This one!

curtis265
11-04-2010, 12:11 PM
What colour's your car?

19's will be fine then, and if u really want hardcore lows, go for airbag suspension lol.. at least you wont destroy ur bodyworks that way.